Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nirvana

First time they were decent - nothing more, second time they were shitter than a park covered in dog shite.

Saw them many times and as much as Nevermind is a cracking album they were vastly over-rated and an abysmal live act more times as not.

Without Teen Spirit no one would have ever given a toss. Without suicide hardly anyone would care.

Yeah i know what you mean about the live performances and i really do not like Teen Spirit and never have.As i said in a previous post there are far better albums/bands that came out of Seattle who didnt get the fame/credit they deserved in front of Nirvana,who are certainly better live bands.

NEEDLES to say most of them lost members due to drugs overdoses. Seattle sounds like a right cheery place!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just listened to 'Where did you sleep last night'

That man's voice is/was incredible

Oh yeah it was amazing. He really could send shivers down with that scream at end of that song.

Listen to the vocals only on Smells LTS truly unique and powerful. Very underrated as a singer actually mainly due to fact when live he didnt give a shit as much and just went for it. And on Unplugged album he sounded quite croaky although still amazing.

The screams he can do with vocal cord were staggering. Lounge Act is another great example if this in last chorus/verse

Oh yeah it was amazing. He really could send shivers down with that scream at end of that song.

Listen to the vocals only on Smells LTS truly unique and powerful. Very underrated as a singer actually mainly due to fact when live he didnt give a shit as much and just went for it. And on Unplugged album he sounded quite croaky although still amazing.

The screams he can do with vocal cord were staggering. Lounge Act is another great example if this in last chorus/verse

Yeah I was singing along to it but when it got too the end my throat was too tickly to sing lol

It's such a moody but powerful voice, amazing! Would've loved to have seen them live

Yeah I was singing along to it but when it got too the end my throat was too tickly to sing lol

It's such a moody but powerful voice, amazing! Would've loved to have seen them live

I remember my sister saying he couldn't sing :o , thesedays unless you sound like some autotuned x factor singer people think you can't sing.

I remember my sister saying he couldn't sing :o , thesedays unless you sound like some autotuned x factor singer people think you can't sing.

Even when he wasn't hitting the right notes you can't help but feel mesmerised by his voice. I think that's what made them special, the imperfections

That's not to say they were shoddy

Never really listened to them. Always fancied picking up their greatest hits as a starting point, though. Not sure if I'd like them, given I'm into Beatles/Kinks/Dylan along those lines?

The only thing that's annoying is how certain fans and certain parts of the media cover his suicide as if nobody else has ever killed themselves before in that industry. Ian Curtis etc gets less coverage, for example, not that it's a competition.

Never really listened to them. Always fancied picking up their greatest hits as a starting point, though. Not sure if I'd like them, given I'm into Beatles/Kinks/Dylan along those lines?

The only thing that's annoying is how certain fans and certain parts of the media cover his suicide as if nobody else has ever killed themselves before in that industry. Ian Curtis etc gets less coverage, for example, not that it's a competition.

Kurt Cobain was a big Beatles fan if that helps? lol

Can listen to SLTS vocals here

https://m.soundcloud.com/acapellas-1/smells-like-teen-spirit

Amazing voice.

And yeah he was a massive Beatles and John Lennon fan. He never wanted to do double track vocals on songs but Butch Vig would convince him by telling him Lennon double tracked!

Another under rated performance was Pennyroyal Tea at Unplugged, which he did on his own. Just moving lyrics and song

Can listen to SLTS vocals here

https://m.soundcloud.com/acapellas-1/smells-like-teen-spirit

Amazing voice.

And yeah he was a massive Beatles and John Lennon fan. He never wanted to do double track vocals on songs but Butch Vig would convince him by telling him Lennon double tracked!

Another under rated performance was Pennyroyal Tea at Unplugged, which he did on his own. Just moving lyrics and song

I read somewhere that the Beatles started to plug the mic directly into the sound board so Lennon didn't have to double track his vocals.

Butch Vig lied

Love the performance of Territorial Pissings on Jonothan Ross show from the early 90's. They play a different song to what Ross was expecting, finish the song in 2 minutes and walk off, and leave a wall of feedback for Wossy to talk over. It's on YouTube somewhere, on my mobile at the mo.

Very different sound, but a guitar based band so there is a link to the mid/late beatles stuff... if you like an album of Revolution type songs, youll enjoy Nirvana.

Nevermind and or unplugged are good starters IMO

Great band

Love the performance of Territorial Pissings on Jonothan Ross show from the early 90's. They play a different song to what Ross was expecting, finish the song in 2 minutes and walk off, and leave a wall of feedback for Wossy to talk over. It's on YouTube somewhere, on my mobile at the mo.

Yeah think he says they are going to play Lithium and they do Territorial Pissings.

Pretty sure he introduces them as the 'biggest band in the world right now'then says at the end after the performance that Nirvana 'are available for kids parties!' lol

available for childrens birthday parties and bar mitzvahs lol Ross looks very young in this... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ9z-SEzDtk

another good TV performance from them is the 1992 MTV awards. Banned from playing 'Rape Me' they naturally start with it. Krist gets hit on the head with his bass too...

Edit : might as well stick their performance on The Word on here too.

Archived