Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

What would you include in your football soundtrack?

Sorry if there has already been a topic made on this, I have searched through the forum and can't find anything too similar. So my question is, what songs would you have on a football playlist? Me and my mate were having this discussion the other day and thinking about what songs really get us pumped up for a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday night. I'm not talking about the music that's played pre-match in the stadium although Republica-Ready to go and Robbie Williams-Let me entertain you would probably be two of my choices, but songs you hear on TV being played over goals or the album you have on in the car on the way to a match. A few songs we came up with were:

-The Enemy- You're Not Alone

-Embrace- Celebrate

-Kasabian- Club foot

-Travis- Turn

-Blur- Song 2

and for old times sake the great escape theme tune!

When I first ever learnt how to burn a disc on PC, I made myself a football CD. Included Marchin' On Together, Whole World In Our Hands, Blowing Bubbles, Steve Bloomers watchin', Simply The Best, You'll Never Walk Alone, Carneval de Paris, Blue Is The Colour, Blue Day, Liquildator, Glad All Over, Post Horn Gallop etc

Pretty good actually. Might make a new one. I love proper football songs and always will.

So... all the music that ITV regularly trots out for their football shows.

BBC do background music so much better. For starters, with the exception of the theme tunes, they don't repeatedly use the same old standbys time and time and time and time again.

Kasabian, Arctic monkeys, hard-fi, The enemy, the jam and oasis can't really go wrong with those choices. On this note did anyone go to Rotherham and hear their pre match playlist? Instead of all this modern rubbish they where playing some absolute tunes! All the bands mentioned got a play even some Hendrix made the game 100x better

• 1 year later...

Archived