Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

Fair enough if you don't think students should have cheaper tickets, but a 210% increase, come on?!

the 18-22 bracket is at least100% increase, is that fair? does peoples wages go up 100% for turning 18

last season was utterly cheap if i recall. could have 2 19 year olds sitting next to each other one a student paying £130 the other normal paying £300.

you what?

Never mind mate, i'm just pissed off about the increase and the fact half the people here stereotype us students.

the 18-22 bracket is at least100% increase, is that fair? does peoples wages go up 100% for turning 18

last season was utterly cheap if i recall. could have 2 19 year olds sitting next to each other one a student paying £130 the other normal paying £300.

No it's not fair. The difference being the non-students will most likely have a job and the money to afford it, whereas students are often scraping the barrel for cash.

Never mind mate, i'm just pissed off about the increase and the fact half the people here stereotype us students.

No it's not fair. The difference being the non-students will most likely have a job and the money to afford it, whereas students are often scraping the barrel for cash.

See my edited post. Some of that was tongue in cheek. Don't take it personally. A lot of my mates are students. They all get ribbed

Never got why stedents get special prices when buying off business

I remember earning £30/wk as a YTS and paying full wack for everything, then when I started earning £80/wk as an apprentice and paying tax on it, which in part went to paying for students to go through Uni /and/ be able to buy stuff cheaper

Why should some people subsidise other people's choices?

Age rated discounts seem much fairer

Never got why stedents get special prices when buying off business

I remember earning £30/wk as a YTS and paying full wack for everything, then when I started earning £80/wk as an apprentice and paying tax on it, which in part went to paying for students to go through Uni /and/ be able to buy stuff cheaper

Why should some people subsidise other people's choices?

Age rated discounts seem much fairer

Did you still live at home when you were on YTS?

nothing to stop students getting a job. both my daughters got one whilst they study to give them some money for things..

Thats kind of irrelevant. Some students still live at home rather than in digs. As he said it would be much fairer to have an age bracket. I also agree its unfair that the general tax payer should fund a particular lifestyle choice. Especially with half the degrees being practically worthless

See my edited post. Some of that was tongue in cheek. Don't take it personally. A lot of my mates are students. They all get ribbed

I can see where you're coming from. Like you said where do you draw the line? I just think getting rid of student prices altogether is a joke. An increase was inevitable across the board really, but over 200%? Do you not get any discounts being a student?

I can see where you're coming from. Like you said where do you draw the line? I just think getting rid of student prices altogether is a joke. An increase was inevitable across the board really, but over 200%? Do you not get any discounts being a student?

I don't think so, but can't say I've ever looked into it! Its a Level 3 Apprenticship so I doubt it. For what its worth, I do sympathise with the increase being as big as it is, BUT I don't think there ever should've been a student price in the first place.

Thats kind of irrelevant. Some students still live at home rather than in digs. As he said it would be much fairer to have an age bracket. I also agree its unfair that the general tax payer should fund a particular lifestyle choice. Especially with half the degrees being practically worthless

How is that irrelevant in any way?! About 1% of students live at home, probably less. Highly doubt they'll have to pay up to 4 or 5 grand for accomodation and buy all their own food..

1) In most cases Students don't need to move away, some might and that's fair enough, most could go to a local uni and commute.

2) Ever heard of board? That accumulated up to near £200 p/month + other bills for me.

3) When I was an apprentice I had to travel to jobs and often get digs, some of which was subsidized by my company, some I had to pay myself.

Not doubt this will get classed as moaning rather than fact though so i'll bring this post to an end.

what an absolute joke, i was 100% getting one if it wasn't for this farse.

They have got it all wrong and will lose out on a lot of fans.

Well Done. High five

Can I ask what you're studying?

How is that irrelevant in any way?! About 1% of students live at home, probably less. Highly doubt they'll have to pay up to 4 or 5 grand for accomodation and buy all their own food..

Who's to say a college student has all their food bought for them by mum and dad? What about college students paying board? I'm sorry, I just disagree with this whole, 'we're students the world owes us' attitude.

My brother managed fine with a part time job and living in accommodation and then a flat in Manchester. I mean I presume you (not you personally) all do work somewhere part time?!

1) In most cases Students don't need to move away, some might and that's fair enough, most could go to a local uni and commute.

2) Ever heard of board? That accumulated up to near £200 p/month + other bills for me.

3) When I was an apprentice I had to travel to jobs and often get digs, some of which was subsidized by my company, some I had to pay myself.

Not doubt this will get classed as moaning rather than fact though so i'll bring this post to an end.

1. They probably could, but that scenario will never ever happen because of the different quality uni's. That's like saying i should support York City because they're local and cheap, when i've supported them all my life.

2. You'll have to explain to me what that is?

3. I'd say Apprentices on low wages deserve something too tbh.

Who's to say a college student has all their food bought for them by mum and dad? What about college students paying board? I'm sorry, I just disagree with this whole, 'we're students the world owes us' attitude.

My brother managed fine with a part time job and living in accommodation and then a flat in Manchester. I mean I presume you (not you personally) all do work somewhere part time?!

If you live at home, it's highly unlikely that you'll pay for your meals seperately to your parents, and if you do happen to have pay rent it will not be half as expensive as university accomodation.

I'll be at Newcastle next year, got a part-time job and will once i get there. Would have just got a season ticket at £130, but the increase now, as well as all the travel costs will easily price me out.

If you live at home, it's highly unlikely that you'll pay for your meals seperately to your parents, and if you do happen to have pay rent it will not be half as expensive as university accomodation.

I'll be at Newcastle next year, got a part-time job and will once i get there. Would have just got a season ticket at £130, but the increase now, as well as all the travel costs will easily price me out.

The fact is though you can't afford one. There's many people out there who can't. This seems harsh, but welcome to the real world

You have such a massive bug up your arse about not having been a student. It will be classed as moaning because that is all you do when you're on this topic...and it certainly isn't "fact". Most students don't need to move away? Why is that then? You do realise that Universities differ in the courses they offer don't you? Even the content in similar courses can differ from institution to institution.

You have such a massive bug up your arse about not having been a student. It will be classed as moaning because that is all you do when you're on this topic...and it certainly isn't "fact". Most students don't need to move away? Why is that then? You do realise that Universities differ in the courses they offer don't you? Even the content in similar courses can differ from institution to institution.

Ok, atleast it's still winding you up. lol

The logic of some of the ****ing idiots on this forum baffles me sometimes. My mate (a current st holder) is studying medicine at Leeds uni but wanted to study at Leicester uni but was rejected. By your retarded logic he should have sacked off becoming a doctor so that he could have stayed closer to home, but then again he is a "lazy, sponging student". You won't be criticising students if 1 day a member of your family needs to have surgery and has their life saved by a former student...

The logic of some of the ****ing idiots on this forum baffles me sometimes. My mate (a current st holder) is studying medicine at Leeds uni but wanted to study at Leicester uni but was rejected. By your retarded logic he should have sacked off becoming a doctor so that he could have stayed closer to home, but then again he is a "lazy, sponging student". You won't be criticising students if 1 day a member of your family needs to have surgery and has their life saved by a former student...

No, because i've always took my hat off to people going for the right reasons, but I know way too many people going for the wrong reasons and doing fuck all to follow it up. That's not to tar everyone with the same brush but blame the people who go for the wrong reasons for giving students the bad name.

Archived