Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I am Rod Hull

Great Britain - A tribute (because we`re brill)

The fact that the majority of us are so brutally productive that it allows the scum at the bottom to be comfortable to the point where they will actually complain that they're not being given enough free cash.

Not to mention the scum at the top being comfortable enough to give themselves 'free cash' by hiding their earnings away in tax havens.

Seems to be the folks in the middle get screwed both ways.

Guest MattP

Not to mention the scum at the top being comfortable enough to give themselves 'free cash' by hiding their earnings away in tax havens.

Seems to be the folks in the middle get screwed both ways.

Nothing to say those in the middle can't save a few quid either.

Plenty of stuff like internet holding companies thst handle finance to help you shift a few quid to pay less tax if people can be bothered to learn and look.

I don't blame anyone for paying as little as possible whilst the government spends it on illegal wars, foreign aid and themselves.

Certainly takes the anger out of watching scumbags with plasmas who haven't done a days work in their lives.

Nothing to say those in the middle can't save a few quid either.

Plenty of stuff like internet holding companies thst handle finance to help you shift a few quid to pay less tax if people can be bothered to learn and look.

I don't blame anyone for paying as little as possible whilst the government spends it on illegal wars, foreign aid and themselves.

Certainly takes the anger out of watching scumbags with plasmas who haven't done a days work in their lives.

Can't disagree with your point on Government spending.

I think paying practically zero tax off a high six-figure/seven-figure income though is taking the piss a little bit, especially when those in the middle can get pulled up for fiddling far less.

Guest MattP

I agree.

Another thing that's great in Britain...

Cricket Crowds

Class and political opinion unimportant but intelligence a must.

Mr Osborne saying he doesn't think foodbanks are part of the welfare state and has never visited one.

The minister for social reform not having visited a foodbank since 2011.

At least we Brits have a sense of humour. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Isn't it also great that 200 cleaners are to lose their jobs in order that MP's can give themself a rise which totals a year of those 200 income from unemployment pay.

I love this country.

Mr Osborne saying he doesn't think foodbanks are part of the welfare state and has never visited one.

The minister for social reform not having visited a foodbank since 2011.

At least we Brits have a sense of humour. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Isn't it also great that 200 cleaners are to lose their jobs in order that MP's can give themself a rise which totals a year of those 200 income from unemployment pay.

I love this country.

From what I've heard, the MP pay rise is actually the opposite - it should save money from all the expenses that they'll no longer be able to claim. So I doubt the MP pay rise is anything to do with cleaners losing their jobs.

Guest MattP

From what I've heard, the MP pay rise is actually the opposite - it should save money from all the expenses that they'll no longer be able to claim. So I doubt the MP pay rise is anything to do with cleaners losing their jobs.

Fascist banking corrupt greedy tory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sticking on the topic though, I'm back in the UK for the first time in a while and seriously, how good are pork pies? And stilton. And real beer...

Edit to say: and queuing. I know we get a bit of stick for our queuing obsession but if you queue properly everybody gets served quicker.

Sticking on the topic though, I'm back in the UK for the first time in a while and seriously, how good are pork pies? And stilton. And real beer...

Edit to say: and queuing. I know we get a bit of stick for our queuing obsession but if you queue properly everybody gets served quicker.

Except at the bar, is and always has been a melee

The BBC itself.

I think it's fantastic that we can provide ourselves with such an impartial news source, relatively unfiltered by government or corporate bias. It's existence shows a great willingness by Great Britain to adhere to democracy by letting the people decide what they think of the facts rather than tell them what they should think. The principle of it is a truly great monument to civilisation IMO, very proud to have it.

Comes with some great entertainment too! :D

The BBC itself.

I think it's fantastic that we can provide ourselves with such an impartial news source, relatively unfiltered by government or corporate bias. It's existence shows a great willingness by Great Britain to adhere to democracy by letting the people decide what they think of the facts rather than tell them what they should think. The principle of it is a truly great monument to civilisation IMO, very proud to have it.

Comes with some great entertainment too! :D

post-3550-0-50106800-1378583651.gif

Archived