Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Schlupp Injured

Got torn cartilage so i will have surgery next week probably tweeps...hopefully il make it back for pre-season!#FingersCrossed

Damn it, we just can't get a break

If the people on Premiership wages are to be shown the door through financial fairplay (and their under achievement) then Schlupp would be a key member of the squad in the coming season, so I hope he is back for pre-season, we've got a lot of work to do.

Sounds like a bad injury, at a bad time as well because the season is over. Hope he, and all of the squad, are fit when pre season is upon us.

I'm going to look on the bright side - maybe we'll be forced to bring in more options up front.

We were forced into it due to bad performances ages ago, but nothing happened :whistle:

Sounds like a bad injury, at a bad time as well because the season is over. Hope he, and all of the squad, are fit when pre season is upon us.

Why is it a bad time? If a player's going to get injured, then just after we have nothing left in the season to play for is great timing. If you knew that Schlupp was going to be injured, but you got to choose when it occurred, now is when you'd choose, isn't it? Sad that he's injured, but glad it's now, rather than during the season.

No biggie imo could you really see him featuring next season? not for me. I appreciate he is young and talented but he still has a lot to do imo to convince me he should be a first team regular, I think the best option would be to loan him out to a championship club someone like Charlton?

get him fit and loan him to Charlton for the season then, get him actually playing more then 15 mins a game again

If anywhere, somewhere like Peterborough, Charlton will probably be around the playoffs..

Something like a 3 month deal & if he's finding his groove we can slot him back in.

Such a shame we've not given him the extended run that other forward has benefited from but still failed to convince... & through that a bit of belief, that is so often needed

• 1 month later...

Merc

Richard Smith has urged Leicester City striker Jeff Schlupp to stay positive as he battles back from knee surgery.

Like Schlupp, Smith was a product of the City academy and went on to make 120 appearances for the club before a spate of injuries disrupted his career. He was eventually forced to retire on medical advice aged 30.

Schlupp has now undergone surgery on both knees before his 20th birthday, and Smith said the Ghana international had to show his determination to get back to full fitness.

"It is a very difficult time for him, especially at a young age," he said. "It is about determination and how much he wants to be a professional footballer.

"The medical side of the game is very different from when I was playing. Things have moved on so much.

"If he listens to the right advice there is no reason why he can't be doing what he has been doing next season.

"I can't see any reason why he can't move on from this if he keeps his feet on the ground and works hard. He will do all right, I am sure."

Smith believes City will return to the Premier League with Nigel Pearson in charge, but warned the City boss still faces a big task to mould his squad in his own image.

"I think they will do better next season," said 41-year-old Smith, who now runs a skip hire company in Broughton Astley.

"They have the right man in charge. I have no doubt he will get them into the Premier League again, whether that is this season or the season after, who knows.

"He seems to get the right blend eventually, but he has a lot of work to do to get it his way. I can see them there or thereabouts next season."

Archived