Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesvardy

Vardy signs today

Enthusiastic about this. Just for the love of God give him chance to settle, I don't see him being in double figures before Christmas and that's fine, I think he'll be blooded in from the bench and on the wing.

It's a 'risk' but its hardly breaking the bank, I'd rather see them discover a gem who will put 100% effort into every game in an attempt to prove themselves than pay over the odds for a player who thinks they are too good for a club therefore look uninterested.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I was just about to write about why I prefer to see the club sign players from the lower leagues, rather than established players on their way down the league to us, but I wasn't sure why. There's the cost, of course. There's less risk of losing a lot of money, and there's far more potential of finding a bargain that the club can make a big profit on.

I think the main reason is, as you say, lower league players are usually looking to prove themselves at a higher level when they join us, whereas PL players making the step down often don't seem to think they have to put much effort in.

Moyes does it, and it works, them type of players work for the team, they have to prove a point, everyone mumbled when we paid £5million for 'Championship injury prone defender' Joleon Lescott, risky £4million on Jagielka, £2million on the unknown Tim Cahill who was playing for Millwall reserves at the time of buying him.

I'd rather someone who wants to prove themselves, who will throw their bodies on the line etc than some ego's who expect everything to be given to them.

Sorry to relate it to Everton!

The thing about Vardy is he creates a lot of his own goals, which is something we seem to lack. We need a player who will pick up the ball and run at the defence, that's what Vardy gives you, he's not the kind of stiker that's scored 30 goals by grabbing a load of tap ins, or the loose ball in the box.

Moyes does it, and it works, them type of players work for the team, they have to prove a point, everyone mumbled when we paid £5million for 'Championship injury prone defender' Joleon Lescott, risky £4million on Jagielka, £2million on the unknown Tim Cahill who was playing for Millwall reserves at the time of buying him.

I'd rather someone who wants to prove themselves, who will throw their bodies on the line etc than some ego's who expect everything to be given to them.

and on the flip side we got Royston Drenthe from Real Madrid, who quite frankly does as he pleases, no doubting his ability, but he turns up to training when he wants at what time he wants, he refuses to play in reserve games to improve his fitness, he goes out clubbing every night more or less, he sits and sulks if hes on the bench and when he might score or create a goal but then does nothing for the rest of the game to more or less say "well look what I can do", what does it say to the rest of the squad? since he's been dropped and suspended by the club we've turned ourselves a round, we're based on spirit and ego's kill it at our club, he disrupted us on the semi-final day by turning up drunk, therefore was dropped from the starting 11 and suspended whilst also holding contract talks with other clubs, kind of disrespectful.

Exactly

The season just ended we generally had a matchday squad who seemed to assume their proven talent was enough on its own, and that they didn't need to go the extra mile, put their bodies on the line etc

Then when they did realise hardwork was actually required, they became rather petulant and silly red cards were dished out, the atmosphere in the squad broke down, the manager was sacked another manager came in and found the place full of people with delusions of grandeur (although that included the fans as well as the majority of the team) and struggled to hit the ground running.

Teams are made out of people with things to prove who play for each other, someone coming from this background has it all to do, so he's better off doing that for us, rather than against us.

Fleetwood Town fan here in peace, Jamie Vardy is signing for you today for just over a million quid. Vardy is a great player with plenty of pace who beats defenders for fun and he knows where the back of the net is. Goodluck next season.

Very excited about this and hope it is true. Aren't you in the league now too - sorry for being ignorant??

Good luck and thanks for the info.

I love signings like this, Michael Morrison springs to mind and he was decent. Beckford was another (I think) and I'm sure there's one or two more who came from non league and done well.

Less pressure this way.

Michael Kightly, and Steve Morison, Chris Smalling

I'd rather see us signing players like this with a point to prove than overpaid pampered prima donnas.

Agree completely, plus also this why I like the policy of 'sniffing' around the reserves of your Man U/Chelski and signing someone you've never heard of - they've got to have been good in the first place to be considered by them; plus if they come to your club, they have something to prove to show what their previous club is missing out on

Beckford was expected to be so people should expect him to be too...

Beckford was expected to be because he'd been there & bought the t-shirt in the 3rd division for Leeds, not done too badly in the Premiership and we bought him for around £2.5m+ and at least £25k/wk

In other words we bought the 20 league goal a season man, the finished article to fire us into the promised land.

At £750k fee and something way below £1m/year wages it's an entirely different proposition, however... reading about him & his all-round game I think he certainly could be the 20 league goal a season man we need.

Pearson knows exactly what our fans are about, if you look over the years who the fans favourites have been, they have never been world beaters before they come to Leicester.

No pressure on the lad play his own game and you watch the Leicester fans get behind him.

Nice..... Hold up, arnt fleetwood in the non league, surely he won't be good enough for a premiership chasing team???

Yep, that Ian Wright really struggled with the transition.

Yep, that Ian Wright really struggled with the transition.

Chris Smalling has hardly had a look in at United as well!!

Archived