Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesvardy

Vardy signs today

cant see us keeping nuge becks waggy schulpp vassell and now vardy happy.

hope this isnt our becks replacement

Vassell's contract runs out at the end of the month, can't see him being offered a new one if Vardy signs

the defending can be shit in the champ but the standard in that vid was appalling. not the cleanest finishes either. 500k would have done me but obviously there's lots of interest in him.

Watching that video shows he has good bit of pace and good feet although I thought the defending and goalkeeping was awful.

I fvcking love the expectation and excitement of pre season!!! Let's not get miserable or start questioning the validity of the sourse let's just roll with it and enjoy the ride!

Vardy! Vardy! Vardy!

Not sure what to make of the youtube clip to be honest - (of course normally I'd base my entire mortgage on such evidence) Now although I realise he can't help the standard of football he's been playing at, he won't get anything like the time and space on those clips due to terrible goalkeeping and clueless defending and I doubt he'll look as fast either. Perhaps I need to see a different youtube clip before I am certain he's our new 20 goal a season striker.......

Whatever, pal. I just assumed wiki had his birthdate right. Besides, that only further emphasizes my point.

Yeah that's why I said it, I agree with what you said. Wiki has 2 different dates for his birthday lol

I got his age off the Fleetwood website

Fvcking cheer up you misers. I wager the same people moaning now are the same that moaned when Sven signed "big names here for one last pay cheque" and urged him to sign "hungry, lower league players". Let's just be positive eh? If he's shit, he's shit but let's give him a chance first!

Vardy! Vardy! Vardy!

X

Grant Holt...

Are we signing him too?!

Grant Holt worked his way up over a number of years, playing League 1 with Forest, League 2 with Shrewsbury, League 1 with Norwich, Championship with Norwich before finally having a crack at the Prem. Bit different to jumping 3 leagues at once to a level nothing even close to anything you've experienced before...

A million quid for a player close to the peak of his career who's done nothing but score a few in non league.

Woo hoo!

I wasn't aware the peak of a strikers career was 25!!

Are we signing him too?!

Grant Holt worked his way up over a number of years, playing League 1 with Forest, League 2 with Shrewsbury, League 1 with Norwich, Championship with Norwich before finally having a crack at the Prem. Bit different to jumping 3 leagues at once to a level nothing even close to anything you've experienced before...

Alan Smith

I know a Fleetwood fan at work and he has been raving about him all season, and is gutted that I have just told him we're signing him but he did expect him to leave. There is no guarantee he will step up but he seems to think he'll have no problem, gues we'll just have to wait and see.

Apparently he had personal problems when he was a bit younger, allegedly around drink etc so never really fulfilled potential but he now is settled down wih a kid etc so maybe he's staring to show his talents.

Fvcking cheer up you misers. I wager the same people moaning now are the same that moaned when Sven signed "big names here for one last pay cheque" and urged him to sign "hungry, lower league players". Let's just be positive eh? If he's shit, he's shit but let's give him a chance first!

Vardy! Vardy! Vardy!

X

I wasn't writing him off at all. It just strikes me as expensive for a player like Vardy. I guess I'm just frightened by the expensive flops of Mills, Paintsil, Beckford etc etc...

Are we signing him too?!

Morison then?

I go and watch the stags a bit living on the notts /derby border, and ive seen him play twice this year at mansfield and i'm not sure why we are interested in him,he has a bit of pace and makes some decent runs , but in my opinion he is not any better than waggy or schlupp, some of the defending in the conferance is shocking [you know abit like our defence this year]think hes scored 31 goals and matt green for mansfield has scored 30. So its a no for me i'm afraid a nothing buy.our fringe strikers would score 30 plus in the bsq/ prem...........

It's a 'risk' but its hardly breaking the bank, I'd rather see them discover a gem who will put 100% effort into every game in an attempt to prove themselves than pay over the odds for a player who thinks they are too good for a club therefore look uninterested.

I wasn't writing him off at all. It just strikes me as expensive for a player like Vardy. I guess I'm just frightened by the expensive flops of Mills, Paintsil, Beckford etc etc...

I see what you mean, but if it's any consolation, someone said it was a £750k with add-ons deal. If that's true, then there's less risk. It'll only be £1m if he turns out to be as good as the clubs think, in which case, £1m might look like a bargain. Also, you can bet he'll be on relatively sensible wages, for various reasons, such as FFP rules, NP's track record and lessons learnt from Sven's reign. There will have been other clubs after him, bumping the price up, as well. He might not be as young as we'd like, but some players are late starters, like Ian Wright, for example.

None of us can know how good a deal this is until he's played for us for a while, so there's not much point in anybody being gutted or jizzing their pants just yet.

Archived