Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Matty James- Man U

Absolutely superb post....

It is col your right and so is babs.

But some on here clearly don't understand FFP or understand finance full stop.

Is nice the owners lending us money and making us big spenders.

But so many on here don't understand the term Lend or Loan.

To all those that are condescending people for not understanding FFP, could you summarise the details of it for me please. I understand the concept of not being able to over spend, but what are the details and numbers behind it???

Thanks.

People probably know more about it than me but here's what has stuck in my mind.

Basically, clubs can only make a loss of £6 million this year, £5 million then next and then £3 million from then on. The idea is that squads cannot be funded by debt. Clubs can still borrow money for infrastructure though, such as developing academies, improving the training ground and the stadium.

That's the gist of it although I suspect it's more complicated than that.

To all those that are condescending people for not understanding FFP, could you summarise the details of it for me please. I understand the concept of not being able to over spend, but what are the details and numbers behind it???

Thanks.

I may be wrong and won't hit you with complexity.

How I see it is the money spent both on transfer fees and on wages needs to reflect the clubs income from gate receipts, merchandising etc.

This will stop any club simply being bank rolled by rich owners and therefore being 'in debt'...

Therefore, players need to reflect 'value for money'.... To pay any player big wages will eat into the wage bill big time, which is effectively regulated by the clubs income.

The wages that Mills and Beckford are on could therefore, allegedly, be used to pay for three/four/five other players?

That's how I see it anyway.. I'm sure I'll be pulled up if this is wrong.

Just another Danny Drinkwater, highly rated blah blah blah.

Drinkwater was supposedly highly rated, and he hasn't done well enough in my liking.

If Drinkwater and James oust the likes of Danns next season, I will go nuts.

Drinkwater was supposedly highly rated, and he hasn't done well enough in my liking.

Has Danns really been THAT much better than Drinkwater though? Really?

As for the FFP, they're lowering the losses? Surely they should work to scrap losses completely? It's totally unsustainable.

I was expecting FFP to be something along the lines of not spending more than 90% of turnover. Isn't this the rule in the lower leagues?

Following FFP, in three years time a Championship club could still be in £14 million worth of debt.

Messi wouldn't cut it for Leicester. He'd encourage hoofball and he wouldn't hack it on a Tuesday at Middlesbrough.

Eden Hazard wouldn't do it here, he's too old, we need to be signing more for the next 10 years not the next 8.

Del Piero wouldn't hack the Championship, he's too inexperienced.

I'm just trying to fit in with some of the geniuses here.

Perhaps Nigel needs to come on here and say he has won championship manager 2012 or whatever its called playing 11 goalies to get respect from some of our fans. We have been linked with about 20 players already so it doesnt mean they are all coming. NP and his team has a very good record of spotting young talent so why dont we let them get on with it. At Newcastle didnt Walshie snr find a couple of decent africans they chose not to follow up on.

Messi wouldn't cut it for Leicester. He'd encourage hoofball and he wouldn't hack it on a Tuesday at Middlesbrough.

Eden Hazard wouldn't do it here, he's too old, we need to be signing more for the next 10 years not the next 8.

clearly all awful players :ph34r:lol

why are we judging a player before hes even played for us?....Love to see the faces of some of our fans if proven wrong. :rolleyes:

just give the players pearson gets in a chance....regardless of experience etc.

The lad has also only been here for half a season.

Give him a break and let's hope he kicks on after a full pre-season with us!

From what the Utd fans have said, I am looking forward to seeing him play, should he sign. However I can't see us signing anymore centre midfielders after this, We'd have James, Drinkwater, Danns and King with Wellens to come back when fit. Still missing the modern defensive midfielder IMO, unless he sees Bamba has that option.

Your holier than thou is starting to do my head in. If I went back through your posts a couple of years ago you were coming up with the most ridiculous names around so get off your high horse. :rolleyes:

Your holier than thou is starting to do my head in. If I went back through your posts a couple of years ago you were coming up with the most ridiculous names around so get off your high horse. :rolleyes:

God, I remember you.

I'll admit I made some more naive posts when I was younger but so what? Loads of people back then never held back in giving these style of posts, so whilst I realise how stupid some are, I'll happily dispute them.

Sure you'd have gone through the stage, although I can't be too sure of your age.

As for the FFP, they're lowering the losses? Surely they should work to scrap losses completely? It's totally unsustainable.

True, but given the level of debt most clubs are running at (e.g. reported £100m at Cardiff City), it would be unrealistic to try and wipe it out in one season, hence the phased reductions

From the looks of the Championship FFP model (http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html), FFP excludes:

• investment in youth development
  • profit from fixed assets e.g. land / stadium sale, purchase, depreciation
  • community schemes
  • promotion based bonuses

i.e. a club can improve infrastructure, invest in youth & the community and incentivise promotion, but has to gradually restrict losses from the playing side i.e. player purchases and wages

So you are suggesting we don't sign any more highly rated players, because once upon a time we signed Danny Drinkwater and he wasn't instantly amazing.

Brilliant logic, brilliant.

So you are suggesting we don't sign any more highly rated players, because once upon a time we signed Danny Drinkwater and he wasn't instantly amazing.

Remember Babs, once you hit 22 you can no longer improve and its all downhill from there..........

True, but given the level of debt most clubs are running at (e.g. reported £100m at Cardiff City), it would be unrealistic to try and wipe it out in one season, hence the phased reductions

From the looks of the Championship FFP model (http://www.football-...2748246,00.html), FFP excludes:

• investment in youth development
  • profit from fixed assets e.g. land / stadium sale, purchase, depreciation
  • community schemes
  • promotion based bonuses

i.e. a club can improve infrastructure, invest in youth & the community and incentivise promotion, but has to gradually restrict losses from the playing side i.e. player purchases and wages

No I agree with you, you can't cut it to zero in one year as that's nigh-on impossible, but I mean to cap the losses at £3mil? So clubs are still allowed to lose £3mil a year even with these rules fully kicked in? Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't see why we are getting all these youngsters from Premier League youth set ups for.

We need players from the Championship, and types of players which don't fit the mould of Matthew James.

We need a goalscoring midfielder, and a tough tackling tall defensive midfielder who puts a shift in midfield, James and Drinkwater don't fit any of those.

If James and Drinkwater start together next season, I doubt we will get anywhere with them pulling the strings in midfield, they would get mauled in a midfield battle.

I don't see why we are getting all these youngsters from Premier League youth set ups for.

We need players from the Championship, and types of players which don't fit the mould of Matthew James.

We need a goalscoring midfielder, and a tough tackling tall defensive midfielder who puts a shift in midfield, James and Drinkwater don't fit any of those.

If James and Drinkwater start together next season, I doubt we will get anywhere with them pulling the strings in midfield, they would get mauled in a midfield battle.

Have you seen this James play much then?

Have you seen this James play much then?

He is just like Drinkwater, same type of player.

He is not a goalscoring midfielder, he is not a strong defensive midfielder, he is just like Wellens and Drinkwater, a player who can get forward and pass a ball around the field.

We need players like Trotter and Koren, they are what we need if he keep signing players who just pass around and play the ball out wide and chip hopeless balls into the box, we won't get anywhere.

We need players who dominate midfield and can tackle, and a midfielder who get forward and score goals and isn't afraid to shoot outside the box.

He is not a goalscoring midfielder, he is not a strong defensive midfielder, he is just like Wellens and Drinkwater, a player who can get forward and pass a ball around the field.

We need players like Trotter and Koren, they are what we need if he keep signing players who just pass around and play the ball out wide and chip hopeless balls into the box, we won't get anywhere.

We need players who dominate midfield and can tackle, and a midfielder who get forward and score goals and isn't afraid to shoot outside the box.

Even though James can play at centre back and yet you think he's an attacking midfielder?

You make no sense to me, it just seems like you're doing your best to nitpick at anything Pearson does that might not be 100% right.

You do realise we can sign players as well as James, right? How do you know he's not intended to use James, Drinkwater, Danns and someone else? If your comments on James are true.

Side step the question have you seen him play?

I can remember thinking the same thing when we sign a young player called Mustafa Izzet, a young player who hadn’t even made a start for Chelsea, Muzzy didn't turn out to bad.

I can just about understand your point about the type of player we need, but you've never seen the lad play so I don't know how you can even comment really. Also, as someone else has mentioned we can sign other players you know. We aren't just limited to buying James and nobody else.

As for not knowing why we are signing premier league youth player, what does it matter? You seem to be suggesting all championship players are better than youth players. Hobbs won player of the year for us coming from Liverpools youth and we swapped him for a £3.5m championship defender who was worse than him.

Archived