Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Matty James- Man U

Another Man Utd youth reject, seems he is doing it again like he did with Hull signing Man Utd youth products.

Matty James is just another Drinkwater, overrated central midfielder who doesn't fit the mould of a player we should be looking at.

We need strong presence and attacking presence, not some little guy who just passes a ball around the park.

Another Man Utd youth reject, seems he is doing it again like he did with Hull signing Man Utd youth products.

Matty James is just another Drinkwater, overrated central midfielder who doesn't fit the mould of a player we should be looking at.

We need strong presence and attacking presence, not some little guy who just passes a ball around the park.

I'm presuming that the young guys we are signing such as Blyth and this lad are purely for the future and he will be signing a few players who will be ready for the first team now.

As long as this is the case then I think it's great that we are trying to find a few promising youngsters to try to develop into good players for the club in the long term (with very little outlay).

1. Drinkwater is NOT overrated.

2. He keeps hold of the ball and tracks back, better than giving it away!!

3. Matty James is an attacking right midfielder, not a central midfielder.

4. How can you comment on a player you have never seen?

Mmmm..... struggling to get enthusiastic about this link. From what I've seen of Ritchie De Laet he doesn't look much cop and I know zilch about Matty James. Still, our squad looked thin last year so at least that's being addressed.

Would like to see some quality tried & tested players come in as well at some point! Still, it is only May after all!

Drinkwater is overrated, and he does give the ball away. James can play right wing or central midfielder, not a player we should be looking at.

Im sure the likes of De Laet and James will oust the likes of Peltier and Danns.

Might aswell get Fryers now to oust Konchesky, or maybe Amos because Schmeichel isn't good enough.

What about Pogba, Brady on the wing with Joshua King also cutting in.

Pearson is stupid signing all Man Utd youth players, we need quality not a team full of youngsters who have years to progress instead of doing a job instantly.

Drinkwater is overrated, and he does give the ball away. James can play right wing or central midfielder, not a player we should be looking at.

Im sure the likes of De Laet and James will oust the likes of Peltier and Danns.

Might aswell get Fryers now to oust Konchesky, or maybe Amos because Schmeichel isn't good enough.

Pearson is stupid signing all Man Utd youth players, we need quality not a team full of youngsters who have years to progress instead of doing a job instantly.

Bit of an over-reaction there maybe? We've signed one player so far who's clearly one for the future so why get all stressy when it's still only May? Jeez.

Like he was stupid getting Cleverly, or stupid like getting Stewart and Chester (incidentally already worth 5x at least what he paid). Stupid like Signing Hobbs who was player of the year for us and Stupid like signing Spearing currently starting for Liverpool.

All players you'd probably never seen play, just as you wouldn't have seen these guys other than once or twice.

Someone is definitely stupid, maybe it will be Pearson. But it's definitely already you for writing off players for seemingly being young and from Man U.

Let's stick to spending huge sums of money on "proven" players like Mills and Beckford, they have turned out wonderfully.

Do people not understand what FFP means? Do they not understand how key youth setups and young players are going to be?

1. Drinkwater is NOT overrated.

I think he is. Decent midfielder who can pass the ball reasonably well. But on the creative side of things he doesn't offer and awful lot, capable of the odd killer pass but not frequently enough, he's not a great dribbler either. He'd fit in to a lot of Championship sides nicely, and he's probably as good as any central midfielder we've got at the moment, but he's not promotion material from what I've seen.

People talk about him as if he's the key to next season's success, the next Izzet or something.

That's a stupid thing to say. We're having an u-21s team next season. What makes you think these young players will be going straight into the first team? Wouldn't it be more likely they'll be part of the new expanded youth set up?

The transfer window isn't even open yet, and already, people are slagging the manager off. Jesus.

Ever considered that some signings will be for the first team next season, and some will be for the future?

So every player we're linked to, in your mind, is a ready-made replacement for one of our most established senior first team regulars? Relax! There's no point getting stressed out by things you've imagined! That's ridiculous.

Like he was stupid getting Cleverly, or stupid like getting Stewart and Chester (incidentally already worth 5x at least what he paid). Stupid like Signing Hobbs who was player of the year for us and Stupid like signing Spearing currently starting for Liverpool.

All players you'd probably never seen play, just as you wouldn't have seen these guys other than once or twice.

Someone is definitely stupid, maybe it will be Pearson. But it's definitely already you for writing off players for seemingly being young and from Man U.

Let's stick to spending huge sums of money on "proven" players like Mills and Beckford, they have turned out wonderfully.

Do people not understand what FFP means? Do they not understand how key youth setups and young players are going to be?

At Hull he signed Cameron Stewart, Corry Evans, James Chester, Robbie Brady, Joe Dudgeon, all from Manchester United, most of which have paid off.

Now he has started that trend here, but with Drinkwater and now probably Cole, James and De Laet.

Drinkwater has had some shocking loan spells prior us, and of what I have seen of Drinkwater so far, all home games he has played in that is, I don't rate him. De Laet failed at Norwich, was even loaned to Pompey at one stage, and I didn't think he made much of an impact there. James will have to ask Preston fans about him, one loan spell at them and had an injury plagued season in 11/12.

Least Spearing and Cleverley were rated highly by there clubs and more of our fans had heard of them prior, Cole if signed has hardly played for Man Utd, James not many have heard or seen him, De Laet has failed at numerous clubs. Drinkwater and I knew before he joined us, that he had some awful loan spells, Watford being one because I have a Watford supporter in my family and take a look at there progress and results.

Just a question of will they pay off, but if they oust the likes of King, Wellens, Danns etc... many fans won't be happy.

I think he is. Decent midfielder who can pass the ball reasonably well. But on the creative side of things he doesn't offer and awful lot, capable of the odd killer pass but not frequently enough, he's not a great dribbler either. He'd fit in to a lot of Championship sides nicely, and he's probably as good as any central midfielder we've got at the moment, but he's not promotion material from what I've seen.

People talk about him as if he's the key to next season's success, the next Izzet or something.

I'd agree with all you've said there. It'll be interesting to see if having a full preseason etc with City makes a big difference to DD but, from what I've seen, he doesn't have that ability to really impose himself and dominate in CM. He's very neat & tidy and all that but I think we need someone with physicality & a bit of pace as well. I'm not sure DD has all the qualities to be a driving force in a promotion chasing side.

Do people honestly think that these players will go from Manchester Uniteds reserves to come to play for our u21 team? We iz massive!!

Who would have thought that Man Utd would be our feeder club. Perhaps we can give them Wellens just to tide them over as they will be struggling now they have let such a future star go to the mighty LCFC. :)

At Hull he signed Cameron Stewart, Corry Evans, James Chester, Robbie Brady, Joe Dudgeon, all from Manchester United, most of which have paid off.

Now he has started that trend here, but with Drinkwater and now probably Cole, James and De Laet.

Drinkwater has had some shocking loan spells prior us, and of what I have seen of Drinkwater so far, all home games he has played in that is, I don't rate him. De Laet failed at Norwich, was even loaned to Pompey at one stage, and I didn't think he made much of an impact there. James will have to ask Preston fans about him, one loan spell at them and had an injury plagued season in 11/12.

Least Spearing and Cleverley were rated highly by there clubs and more of our fans had heard of them prior, Cole if signed has hardly played for Man Utd, James not many have heard or seen him, De Laet has failed at numerous clubs. Drinkwater and I knew before he joined us, that he had some awful loan spells, Watford being one because I have a Watford supporter in my family and take a look at there progress and results.

Just a question of will they pay off, but if they oust the likes of King, Wellens, Danns etc... many fans won't be happy.

So basically you are writing them all off because Drinkwater hasn't been instantly amazing, and De Laet wasn't brilliant instantly in the league above the one we are in.

Man U fans think he is a talent could of made their first team squad if it weren't for injuries, I am hoping he is in the Mark Davies esque has the ability to glide past players and pick out passes for the strikers.

So basically you are writing them all off because Drinkwater hasn't been instantly amazing, and De Laet wasn't brilliant instantly in the league above the one we are in.

Preston North End loan

On 17 November 2010, De Laet joined Championship team Preston North End on a 28-day loan after an injury to first-team defender Callum Davidson

Says it all.

Archived