Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Matty James- Man U

Thats good to hear.....Pearson seems to like Man utd trainees and seems to get the best out of them.. so I have faith we will do well next season.

Commiserations on not winning the Prem.

Haha, yeh cheers... lets not go there!!

No seriously, you have landed yourself a cracking player with Matty James.

Hope you dont mind a Man U fan posting on here, but lets put one thing right.... James is not injury prone, he has played 30 games in the championship while on loan at Preston NE and scored 3, one being on his debut and due to an unfortunate injury - yes just one injury while playing for Preston at Burnley he has been out of action since http://en.wikipedia....mes_(footballer)

He has also played for England U16/U17/U19.

If it wasnt for this injury there isnt a doubt in my mind that he would of played in Man Utd first team by now, he is that good. - People are making it out that he is injured all the time and THIS is not the case.

He will be a great asset to you and all those that are in two minds about him (mostly because he is not a big name) will be eating their words BELIEVE ME - Let his football do the talking and get behind the lad rather than knock him before he has even kicked a ball for you!

Good luck for next season.

I think a few of our fans need to read this bit, repeat it out loud, then read it again and maybe repeat that process for a long time until it sinks in.

Seriously guys come on. You moan if we sign a "has been" and you moan if we sign a "young unknown". Just don't bother trying to spread you bile yeah? I bet you're the kind of people who like a good moan about ANYTHING eh? These players may turn out to be great and they may turn out to be awful but give them a fvcking chance first. None of us had really heard of Lennon, Izzet or Savage when they signed had we? Anyway, like I said they might be pants but I like to judge people on what I see of them myself and not just make up my mind without knowing anything. I think that is the definition of ignorance?

Good luck guys if you do come and don't listen to some of the nobs on here. Hopefully you end up being more of a Guppy that a Lewis but who knows? Most of us actually want you to be good rather than praying that you will be sh1t just so we can moan and say I told you so.

In Nigel we trust.

X

Perhaps it's just me but I enjoy signing relatively unknown players. It's probably because I remember the signings under MON. Other teams manage to do it, and I think

Pearson has a decent record on bringing in young players. Give them a chance! As long as we sign a few players with championship experience, to give us balance

I for one shall be happy.

Perhaps it's just me but I enjoy signing relatively unknown players. It's probably because I remember the signings under MON. Other teams manage to do it, and I think

Pearson has a decent record on bringing in young players. Give them a chance! As long as we sign a few players with championship experience, to give us balance

I for one shall be happy.

Agreed. Reading is a perfect example too looking back at the likes of Doyle and Long.

An unknown player always gets me excited. Expectation levels are about 0 for most, so if you find a quality one then its a bonus. Pretty sure all the unknowns he bought for Hull are now worth 10 times what he paid for them? At the minute thats exactly what we need as I'm fairly sure last seasons acquisitions have gone down in value.

An unknown player always gets me excited. Expectation levels are about 0 for most, so if you find a quality one then its a bonus. Pretty sure all the unknowns he bought for Hull are now worth 10 times what he paid for them? At the minute thats exactly what we need as I'm fairly sure last seasons acquisitions have gone down in value.

Kasper, Nugent, Konchesky, St Ledger?

Hope you dont mind a Man U fan posting on here, but lets put one thing right.... James is not injury prone, he has played 30 games in the championship while on loan at Preston NE and scored 3, one being on his debut and due to an unfortunate injury - yes just one injury while playing for Preston at Burnley he has been out of action since http://en.wikipedia....mes_(footballer)

If it wasnt for this injury there isnt a doubt in my mind that he would of played in Man Utd first team by now, he is that good. - People are making it out that he is injured all the time and THIS is not the case.

He will be a great asset to you and all those that are in two minds about him (mostly because he is not a big name) will be eating their words BELIEVE ME - Let his football do the talking and get behind the lad rather than knock him before he has even kicked a ball for you!

Have you actually signed then Matty? :whistle:

A lot of people rate this lad, so good luck to him

looks like pearson wants to build a youngish squad

which is good as i think the time of the "old" journeymen must come to an end for us

dont want Koren either

Cheers for that. I for one am practically jizzing my pants with excitement. If we can get a decent young player who can pass the ball, getting JBecks scoring consistantly then we will be AMAZING next season

I hate the fact that there seems to be so many Leicester fans that dont give the poor lads a chance. Signing relatively unknown players is a risk but just look at some of the players we have signed in the past couple of years who were not well known - Bamba, Drinkwater, Marshall, Tunchev (ok always injured but looked pure class when he first arrived) to name but a few.

Give them a chance lads, surely its better spending smaller amounts on the unkowns and IF the signings dont work atleast its not such a waste.

Beckford cost a lot and is a well known known player, did it really work??? No not really (hopefully next season will be different)

The same cant be said about Ben Marshall, the lad looks quality.

I also follow the Man Utd Reserves and I also think, that the long term injury stoped him from getting in the first team. Such a shame. :(

Will be a good addition to the squad and if he settles in quickly I think he will play an important part in our quest for promotion. :scarf:

Was really good for PNE where he was with Danny Welbeck, scored some good goals and is a good passer. Hope he plays like he did there and gets back on track, time will tell.

Edit: Is it only confirmed on Twitter?

Live with three Manc lads at my uni halls - all United fans, seem to think De Laet would be the business for us if he were to get a consistent run of games, very good tackler apparently.

None of them knew too much about Matty James, apart from the fact he seems highly rated by the coaching staff at United and has had a long, long spell on the sidelines.

Live with three Manc lads at my uni halls - all United fans, seem to think De Laet would be the business for us if he were to get a consistent run of games, very good tackler apparently.

None of them knew too much about Matty James, apart from the fact he seems highly rated by the coaching staff at United and has had a long, long spell on the sidelines.

You know 3 Manc lads, and all support united??? Well I never!!!

Hi, I've been watching united reserves, youth and u16 for the last 10-11 years and over the last 5 Matty James has always been one to watch, his fitness is box to box, he can hold, press on and dictate a game from centre midfield. He was the first winning captain at the new wembley with the england u16s. If this move is true and goes ahead I will be devastated. Leicester city will be grabbing a bargain and a very good player. Sad to see him going but I'd like to wish him all the best for the future and hopefully see him back in a red shirt in the not so distant future.

Like he was stupid getting Cleverly, or stupid like getting Stewart and Chester (incidentally already worth 5x at least what he paid). Stupid like Signing Hobbs who was player of the year for us and Stupid like signing Spearing currently starting for Liverpool.

All players you'd probably never seen play, just as you wouldn't have seen these guys other than once or twice.

Someone is definitely stupid, maybe it will be Pearson. But it's definitely already you for writing off players for seemingly being young and from Man U.

Let's stick to spending huge sums of money on "proven" players like Mills and Beckford, they have turned out wonderfully.

Do people not understand what FFP means? Do they not understand how key youth setups and young players are going to be?

Absolutely superb post....

Archived