Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Matty James- Man U

James, Danns, Drinkwater, King and what will happen when Wellens comes back.

Plus if we sign other players aswell, which of them will get ousted out, is there really any point in signing James?

That's what im getting at, just don't think he is the type of player we need in midfield, we have enough players in that position like him already, we don't need another.

Plus if we sign other players aswell, which of them will get ousted out, is there really any point in signing James?

That's what im getting at, just don't think he is the type of player we need in midfield, we have enough players in that position like him already, we don't need another.

yeah your opinion is all well and good but......................................you haven't seen him play!

I think your Barmy for mocking him before you see him play. He's a better midfielder than drinkwater but ever so.. He's a very good midfielder. Players need a little time to adapt. Your opinionating him after half a season. Look at the likes of welbeck and cleverly. It's taken them 4 or 5 years to finally be noticed and do somthing. I can honestly say that come this time in 4-5 years time James will be playing in the premiership either with Leicester or with another team in which Leicester will have made alot of money. It's a win win situation for u. He pulled the strings at Preston out on loan and I'm sure he will take control for your team!

Just for clarity..... has anyone actually seen him play?

YouTube clips do not count

I've watched him for the last 5 or 6 years and I believe he's a top footballer with a massive career ahead. Leicster city should be grateful that a play of his ability wants to sing and play football for that club.

But we could be throwing away the chance to sign a top player, in 2009 based on what I've seen on United forums they were calling him the 'Next Paul Scholes' and talking about him at that time as being on par with Cleverley. Why pass up the chance to sign an obviously talented young player from Manchester United, who you've never seen play, because you've got a hunch that he won't be better than what we currently have. He'd almost certainly still be at the side who finished 2nd in the Premier League if he hadn't had a few injury hit seasons, so not signing him while we've got the chance seems ridiculous to me. Worst case scenario if we sign him he isn't that good and we sell in January, worst case scenario if we don't sign him is he becomes a top player somehwere else and we'll always regret turning down this kid. Sign him up.

Perhaps some of them will not come back, perhaps we'll play 3 in the middle, perhaps we'll play with an extra CM wide to sure up the midfield, perhaps he's for the future. Perhaps we just want more midfielders... There were people on here slating Pearson for only have four CM's last year.

Even if he's better than them?

I've watched him for the last 5 or 6 years and I believe he's a top footballer with a massive career ahead. Leicster city should be grateful that a play of his ability wants to sing and play football for that club.

Thanks, someone who talks sense and actually knows a bit about the player

Perhaps some of them will not come back, perhaps we'll play 3 in the middle, perhaps we'll play with an extra CM wide to sure up the midfield, perhaps he's for the future. Perhaps we just want more midfielders... There were people on here slating Pearson for only have four CM's last year.

Exactly. As soon as Danns got suspended we were down to the bare bones in midfield. With signings like this we will haev a squad of talented, young and hopefully hungry players to fight for places, rather than chucking the loveable but unpredictable Bamba in and hoping he's a closet Claude Makelele

Are people seriously still holding onto Wellens and King? lol bless.

You're right 23/24 (Whatever) is far too old for a footballer to improve, and it's not like he's ever been our top goalscorer in the Championship and scored 15 goals in a season before. He's deffinetly crap based on an entire mediocre season, so is Richie Wellens. Who cares if they were are top scorer and player of the year a season ago.

Wellens is out for 6 months so is not worth considering, but what if we play 4-5-1/4-3-3? If we only have 4 central midfield players we would struggle with injury and suspensions.

Our main problem in our team this season has been ball retention, whether we are winning, drawing or losing, so until we add some quality lets forget about the tough defensive midfielder.

And for god sake wait until he plays. He may even bring out the best in drinkwater as they have played together.

Have you seen this James play much then?

He is just like Drinkwater, same type of player.

He is not a goalscoring midfielder, he is not a strong defensive midfielder, he is just like Wellens and Drinkwater, a player who can get forward and pass a ball around the field.

We need players like Trotter and Koren, they are what we need if he keep signing players who just pass around and play the ball out wide and chip hopeless balls into the box, we won't get anywhere.

We need players who dominate midfield and can tackle, and a midfielder who get forward and score goals and isn't afraid to shoot outside the box.

Way to avoid directly answering a question, kingfox.

2 points i'd make to this....

1. Drinkwater is quality. Just because he hasnt hit the dizzy heights as yet doesnt mean he isnt good enough. After we played Barnsley, most of our fans said he's just the sort of player we need....

2. Whilst i'd like to see a tough tackling centre mid, its not the be all and end all. West Ham didnt have one this season and neither did Southampton

1. Drinkwater is quality. Just because he hasnt hit the dizzy heights as yet doesnt mean he isnt good enough. After we played Barnsley, most of our fans said he's just the sort of player we need....

2. Whilst i'd like to see a tough tackling centre mid, its not the be all and end all. West Ham didnt have one this season and neither did Southampton

True, at defensive midfield you either need a battering ram, or someone who can read the game and play for territory. But as of yet, we have neither,

I don't see why we are getting all these youngsters from Premier League youth set ups for.

We need players from the Championship, and types of players which don't fit the mould of Matthew James.

We need a goalscoring midfielder, and a tough tackling tall defensive midfielder who puts a shift in midfield, James and Drinkwater don't fit any of those.

If James and Drinkwater start together next season, I doubt we will get anywhere with them pulling the strings in midfield, they would get mauled in a midfield battle.

Kingfox - you are a complete muppet..... how on earth can you comment when you not seen the lad play??????

Get a life, stop being so negative and get behind your team and manager.

Kingfox - you are a complete muppet..... how on earth can you comment when you not seen the lad play??????

Couldn't give a monkeys how highly rated he is, Drinkwater, Corry Evans and Matthew James are exactly like one another, same style same type of player.

I've tried telling him this in the De Laet thread, he wont listen.

Unless we sign more players at £4 million each, and on 40k a week he will not be happy.

I've tried telling him this in the De Laet thread, he wont listen.

Unless we sign more players at £4 million each, and on 40k a week he will not be happy.

That's not right at all Grewks, im happy with Nugent, St Ledger, Schmeichel, Danns and a few others and some of them cost free.

Im just saying James is similar to the players we already have in midfield, and I think we shouldn't be buying that type of player because it's pointless to what we actually need to acquire.

And like I keep saying, we need Championship players one defensive and strong the other attacking and capable of scoring a fair few goals.

And that's where I come to Trotter, Butterfield, Jackson, Koren, those four would be on the top of my list and wouldn't cost 4 MILLION!!!

People who want us to sign James Chester, Cameroen Stewart, Robbie Brady remember where they came from originally. NP paid £300,000 for Chester and now he's probably with x10 that.

So if NP can go back to Man Utd and unearth another couple of players like Chester and Stewart I'd be more than happy with that.

I have faith in NP finding decent young prospects how many of us had heard of Hobbs, Spearing, Davies, Cleverley? If only Pearson had the funds back then to what he has now, how many of them could he have turned into permanent moves.

I definitely read this as fizzy at first and thought you were being humorous.

People who want us to sign James Chester, Cameroen Stewart, Robbie Brady remember where they came from originally. NP paid £300,000 for Chester and now he's probably with x10 that.

So if NP can go back to Man Utd and unearth another couple of players like Chester and Stewart I'd be more than happy with that.

I have faith in NP finding decent young prospects how many of us had heard of Hobbs, Spearing, Davies, Cleverley? If only Pearson had the funds back then to what he has now, how many of them could he have turned into permanent moves.

I think its your namesake that's doing most of the spotting pal

I saw that exact same point a day or two ago, and its true, but some of our fans will always moan

We are Leicester !

Couldn't give a monkeys how highly rated he is, Drinkwater, Corry Evans and Matthew James are exactly like one another, same style same type of player.

And your in a possition to comment on what type a player he is HOW?????

Are you a secret Man Utd fan, who has MUTV and watches him every week........ dont think so.

Until you have and have some knowledge of the player, get off his back and crawl back under that rock.

You are obviously one of those people who moans for the sake of moaning, more than likely under the thumb at home and come on here to p*ss everyone off with your negativity.

If the rumours are true and he has signed, i will come back once the season is up and running and you my miserable friend will be eating humble pie when he is controlling your midfield.... and you nodoubt will have moved onto something else to moan about.

And your in a possition to comment on what type a player he is HOW?????

Are you a secret Man Utd fan, who has MUTV and watches him every week........ dont think so.

Until you have and have some knowledge of the player, get off his back and crawl back under that rock.

You are obviously one of those people who moans for the sake of moaning, more than likely under the thumb at home and come on here to p*ss everyone off with your negativity.

If the rumours are true and he has signed, i will come back once the season is up and running and you my miserable friend will be eating humble pie when he is controlling your midfield.... and you nodoubt will have moved onto something else to moan about.

I wouldn't waste your time mate. Kingfox started slagging off and already was calling Matt Mills after only his 2nd game.

Archived