Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Matty James- Man U

Preston North End loan

On 17 November 2010, De Laet joined Championship team Preston North End on a 28-day loan after an injury to first-team defender Callum Davidson

Says it all.

Says that Davidson got injured so they loaned De Laet as cover almost 2 years ago - not sure what else?

I'm not exactly jizzing with anticipation at the thought of De Laet joining us but I'll at least reserve judgment until I've seen him play a few games for us!

Preston North End loan

On 17 November 2010, De Laet joined Championship team Preston North End on a 28-day loan after an injury to first-team defender Callum Davidson

Says it all.

Sorry, could you explain what the hidden meaning is? He was loaned to Preston who I think were in this league at the time. Does that mean he's shit or something?

If you'd rather we got someone else then fine, but your arguments against seem based on nothing but random wiki facts.

Love reading the comments about 'we need to sign quality, not young players for the future'.

Well didnt a certain Sven try that? How did that work?? At least £10 million down the drain and no closer to the Premier League.

As Top put it himself in something i read....'instant success in football is seldom', we need to build for the future, what is the point in reaching the premier league with a shocking youth setup, which leads to us having to purchase 5 new signings every year??

If i remember rightly, from what I saw of the previous NP signings of davies, cleverley, spearing and hobbs was not only youth but quality, it is possible to combine the two, and so we must try.

It is also clever by NP to adjust the pressure upon himself and our club. Sven hyped up the transfer saga with claims that he wished to sign beckham. What a ridiculous message that was to other teams, practically declaring that we could near on afford to pay a player £100,000 a week, this is a reason we ovepayed on transfers and wages.

Another positive sign with these youngsters is that they will not expect to play every single week, but if good enough they will. This adds more depth to the squad, unlike last season when I looked at the bench and thought...'isnt this a bit predictable/boring'.

I do not expect promotion next season, but i do expect progress, and from these signings it is clear we are making some.

We all know that consistency is what we have been missing, but if you can create a squad where the majority of players are there for 3 or 4 or 5 years in a row you certainly get this. There are many similarities in the way which NP and Fergie create their squads. Lets give these young players a chance, they came through the same academy as scholes, cleverley, giggs, welbeck etc.

Personally I want 3 to maybe 5 Man U youngsters:

Deffo's:

De Leat- Gives us competion at right back!

Fryers- I reckon Kennedy will want a move so we would need competion at left back

Brady- Talented winger can play either left or right and has a very good left foot on him and also posses quite abit of pace!

Maybe's:

James- if he is that creative spark we need in the middle then im all up for it,not seen him play so can't make a judgement!

King-I've watched this lad about 5 times now and he seems a powerful,Pacey striker/Winger who has a eye for goal too!!

Love reading the comments about 'we need to sign quality, not young players for the future'.

Well didnt a certain Sven try that? How did that work?? At least £10 million down the drain and no closer to the Premier League.

As Top put it himself in something i read....'instant success in football is seldom', we need to build for the future, what is the point in reaching the premier league with a shocking youth setup, which leads to us having to purchase 5 new signings every year??

If i remember rightly, from what I saw of the previous NP signings of davies, cleverley, spearing and hobbs was not only youth but quality, it is possible to combine the two, and so we must try.

It is also clever by NP to adjust the pressure upon himself and our club. Sven hyped up the transfer saga with claims that he wished to sign beckham. What a ridiculous message that was to other teams, practically declaring that we could near on afford to pay a player £100,000 a week, this is a reason we ovepayed on transfers and wages.

Another positive sign with these youngsters is that they will not expect to play every single week, but if good enough they will. This adds more depth to the squad, unlike last season when I looked at the bench and thought...'isnt this a bit predictable/boring'.

I do not expect promotion next season, but i do expect progress, and from these signings it is clear we are making some.

We all know that consistency is what we have been missing, but if you can create a squad where the majority of players are there for 3 or 4 or 5 years in a row you certainly get this. There are many similarities in the way which NP and Fergie create their squads. Lets give these young players a chance, they came through the same academy as scholes, cleverley, giggs, welbeck etc.

But you haven't seen them play for us yet, how can you come to that conclusion? It works both ways.

I don't think people are saying we want to buy over 30s who need to be replaced every season. We can, believe it or not, buy a player who isn't an unproven youth and keep them for 5 years. It's not like we're producing our own youngsters in a 'youth setup' here, we're simply buying 19/20 year olds who haven't cut it at big, well, huge clubs.

Don't think I'm saying this is a shit signing because I'm not, I agree with quite a bit of what you say, but I'm seeing two extremes here - somebody presuming unknowns are going to be crap and you assuming they will be a success. When things are going bad I always read 'these players are shit/don't care, give the kids a chance' and others saying 'the kids would be playing if they were any good' etc.

These kind of transfers could either be a complete **** up, Ok signings or great business, we just don't know. We shouldn't assume getting these youths in is a good move or a bad move, there are arguments both ways and we don't know enough about them in the main.

kingfox.... :crylaugh: Your argument is so flawed, its ridiculous.

Don't know why I copied and pasted it, just showing he has played for a team outside of the Prem.

And that he replaced good old Callum Davidson when injured.

There's no doubt that Drinkwater is a quality player.

:thumbdown::banghead:

Another Man Utd youth reject, seems he is doing it again like he did with Hull signing Man Utd youth products.

Matty James is just another Drinkwater, overrated central midfielder who doesn't fit the mould of a player we should be looking at.

We need strong presence and attacking presence, not some little guy who just passes a ball around the park.

yeah there is nothing like investing in the future... Isnt paul scholes just a little man who passes the ball around?

I agree with kingfox completely, we shouldn't be getting these rubbish academy lads from United. We should be buying proper players like Cameron Stewart, Corry Evans and James Chester. :rolleyes:

I imagine that Pearson might be concentrating his initial transfer efforts on this type of player so they can go on the tour to Thailand/Hong Kong - just a thought :dunno:

Whilst I'm in favour of signing such players ,especially James who I remember Utd fans thought might make it there before his injury, it is slightly concerning that we are looking at so many United boys, Roy Keane and Darren Ferguson esque scouting.

It is however still mid May and these are the easier signings to tie up at this point, the others will take time to unravel due to players being away or clubs not willing to sell so soon. We just have to wait and see.

Oh and Kingfox, you're a muppet.

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/de-laet-matt-james-leicester-fee-agreed-larnell-cole-too-maybe-353313/

Just been reading this Manchester United forum, seems we have signed some good players. Larnell Cole sounds good, but his thread has been locked...

Larnell cole will not be signing. The guy on twitter seen me post his name in the RDL thread and took a gamble on me being right! Bad idea!

you mention that NPis doing what Sven did not...what little do you know about the prospects Sven brought to our club in the youth setup and the fruits it has already beared.

Pearson is filling in the age gap and relative experience now so that the players Sven and NP's team have broughtin can flourish further and make the transition easier into the 1st team eventually when their opportunity arises.

Like he was stupid getting Cleverly, or stupid like getting Stewart and Chester (incidentally already worth 5x at least what he paid). Stupid like Signing Hobbs who was player of the year for us and Stupid like signing Spearing currently starting for Liverpool.

All players you'd probably never seen play, just as you wouldn't have seen these guys other than once or twice.

Someone is definitely stupid, maybe it will be Pearson. But it's definitely already you for writing off players for seemingly being young and from Man U.

Let's stick to spending huge sums of money on "proven" players like Mills and Beckford, they have turned out wonderfully.

Do people not understand what FFP means? Do they not understand how key youth setups and young players are going to be?

Amen to all that!

Archived