Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Svens outcasts poised to leave

I would suggest that this comes down to money more than anything else...

If these players are earning big wages which it can be interpreted from many sources that they are then it distorts the wage structure. Regardless of how good they are if we have a business model which isn't in line with FFP then it needs to be changed. Let's be honest; if you were being touted by a club and they offered you £10k a week you might be happy... but then you might find out that certain people in the changing room are earning £30k a week. Then you are aren't happy.

Until there is a homogenisation of the wages throughout the squad it will make it really hard to bring players in.

So in my opinion it is for this reason in the main why the likes of Konch, Peltier and Beckford would go. Not necessarily a talent issue.

I would suggest that this comes down to money more than anything else...

If these players are earning big wages which it can be interpreted from many sources that they are then it distorts the wage structure. Regardless of how good they are if we have a business model which isn't in line with FFP then it needs to be changed. Let's be honest; if you were being touted by a club and they offered you £10k a week you might be happy... but then you might find out that certain people in the changing room are earning £30k a week. Then you are aren't happy.

Until there is a homogenisation of the wages throughout the squad it will make it really hard to bring players in.

So in my opinion it is for this reason in the main why the likes of Konch, Peltier and Beckford would go. Not necessarily a talent issue.

Well im pretty sure peltier wont be on anything like the wages of beckford and koncheskey, so i dont think that applies to him.

konchesky is a head case. excellent at getting up and down the line but his defending is average. pelter is average. we need better. better than bamba too. just defend no frills.

Maybe a new defence then according to you!

People like you live in dreamworld seriously. Are you aware we're a mid table Championship club and we cant just go and buy the best players, its not football manager!

Whilst true enough, I think Peltier's decline in form is largely a confidence issue, inexperienced at this level he would have benefited from being part of a solid back 4 and having some decent cover in front of him.

He was often required to provide an attacking threat down the right but routinely given no cover, either from midfield or from centerback.

Hardly surprising he was run ragged and flagged towards the end of the season.

Just my view, but I think he would be fine at this level in a settled, better organised side.

Absolutely right IMO.

He's had NO cover in front of him and the team has been exposed down that right hand side time after time after time.

Peltier, like the rest of the defence have been let down by the paper thin midfield

• 2 weeks later...

Says in this mornings Mercury that Leeds are about to make an offer of around £500k for Lee Peltier.

Also says that Pearson wants Rosenoir to replace him.

No thanks.

ok, just seems odd to me we'd be linked with someone like Rosenior. also...didnt he bad mouth us aswell. i cant remember.

"Why would I join a smaller club like Leicester" Also broke Cunningham's leg. I'd rather sign fvcking Kaebi.

Back in the day David speedie dived at wembley vs us for Blackburn .

We signed him , the next season and paired him up top with the man who wanted to kill him that day at wembley in 92.

Rosenior is class...!

I seen players kiss many different badges during there career .

I see the lemmings have started ?

lol

Says in this mornings Mercury that Leeds are about to make an offer of around £500k for Lee Peltier.

Also says that Pearson wants Rosenoir to replace him.

Not sure Leeds can afford £500K for Peltier.

Listen to the last 10 seconds of this BBC Warnock interview. He says if he gets £1 million to spend all summer he'll be happy. So I doubt he would blow half of it on one player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18179230

So unless Leeds get taken over, not sure this will happen.

Not sure Leeds can afford £500K for Peltier.

Listen to the last 10 seconds of this BBC Warnock interview. He says if he gets £1 million to spend all summer he'll be happy. So I doubt he would blow half of it on one player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18179230

So unless Leeds get taken over, not sure this will happen.

They are going to be taken over, 3 parties are interested One from Dubai, One from USA and one from England.

Archived