Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Nicky Shorey

NP has obviously got a clearly defined blueprint for this season and it appears reducing the wage bill and offloading 'big time charlies' are right up there! PK is solid ish but sometimes a little over enthusiastic :D so let's see what unfolds and enjoy the ride

I'm not the only one then!

I'm sure almost everyone would. Obviously if it happened we wouldn't know the reasons, but with FFP coming in and the wages he was rumoured to be on at 'Pool when he came here, it's highly likely to be financial rather than anything else.

He hasn't had a bloody row with Pearson, he is on high Wages and Pearson wants to slash the wage bill and build his own team, simples.

Not necessarily what Pearson wants.

It's either the FFP framework we have to work towards (So Pearson is juggling his cards... thinking that probably paying Liverpool standard wages in the Champs could be put to better use on a couple of other players... and lets be honest, no matter how good he is a left back isn't going to get you promoted like a solid pair of CBs, CMs or STs), or the owners want to be a bit more sustainable since their attempt to buy the division failed.

Not necessarily what Pearson wants.

It's either the FFP framework we have to work towards (So Pearson is juggling his cards... thinking that probably paying Liverpool standard wages in the Champs could be put to better use on a couple of other players... and lets be honest, no matter how good he is a left back isn't going to get you promoted like a solid pair of CBs, CMs or STs), or the owners want to be a bit more sustainable since their attempt to buy the division failed.

Or that! Pearson is being sensible and Shorey on a free transfer is a good shout! Would you agree?

I'm not too fussed if PK stays or goes. He's a good player but doesn't offer much going forward and prob isn't worth the wages he's getting.

I don't agree with that really, he's often starting attacks with positive balls forward and he's not afraid to get up, and he can deliver decent crosses, and he's scored a couple. OK he's not Kyle Naughton but he's not camped in his own half all game.

Konch was my player of the season - solid throughout and whereas others dropped off he was consistent. This is a shite deal. The left back spot is the onet hat is sorted. If you are buiding a team for promotion you build it on players like Casper, SSL, Konch, Danns, Marshall. You dont let them go. Anyone who says Knoch doesnt offer much going forward try thinking about Pelts....he is the fullback that needs replacing. Konch offers more going forward from that position than we have had for ages.

Konch was my player of the season - solid throughout and whereas others dropped off he was consistent. This is a shite deal. The left back spot is the onet hat is sorted. If you are buiding a team for promotion you build it on players like Casper, SSL, Konch, Danns, Marshall. You dont let them go. Anyone who says Knoch doesnt offer much going forward try thinking about Pelts....he is the fullback that needs replacing. Konch offers more going forward from that position than we have had for ages.

he's a London lad though so may have said if a London prem club came in he's want to go

Lets be honest here, If anybody asked me who would you like to see come in if PK goes, Shorey would be on my list, He is an accomplished defender and was pretty damn good when he was at Forest, so much so they said it effected them when he left!

• 1 month later...

Archived