Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

2 New Signings Soon?

Who cares if he is on higher wages than other players.

He deserves to be on higher wages, due to his past experience at Premier League sides and being a top player for Fulham etc...

At least he performs to his higher wages, unlike players like Beckford and Mills who haven't performed to there standards.

Konchesky was probably our most consistent performers last season, and one of our best left-backs for some time.

Who cares if he is on high wages, at least he performs for our club unlike other players.

Would be a pathetic decision to let him go, he has done nothing wrong and is a top performer.

The accountants.

The accountants.

IF any of this is true then its very surprising. We don't need any more left backs, we have Konch and Kennedy as backup.

Agree with this, I find nothing wrong with Kennedy is great to have as back-up.

He showed little glimpses last season, when Pearson put him back in that he is actually a very good player.

When he came on as sub, can't remember who against now, he played two fantastic long balls which set up two goals, great left foot on him, plus he is at a decent age still.

Who cares what he's earning? Are you serious?

Yep what has he got to do with the fans.

At least Konchesky performs to his standards, yes we may have to cut players due to high wages, but don't think Konchesky should be one of them.

Get rid of Mills and Beckford for that.

Fact of the matter is, Konchesky is consistent, is a top performer and has been our best left-back for some time(Surely a fair few will agree with me on this)

At least Konchesky performs to his standards, yes we may have to cut players due to high wages, but don't think Konchesky should be one of them.

Fact of the matter is, Konchesky is consistent, is a top performer and has been our best left-back for some time(Surely a fair few will agree with me on this)

I can see where Babylon is coming from. I'd love to keep hold of Konchesky and get rid of others before him, but we need interest in these other players first.

Agree with this, I find nothing wrong with Kennedy is great to have as back-up.

He showed little glimpses last season, when Pearson put him back in that he is actually a very good player.

When he came on as sub, can't remember who against now, he played two fantastic long balls which set up two goals, great left foot on him, plus he is at a decent age still.

Quite. Kennedy looked sharp and solid when he came on. Perfectly fine back up and I agree with Konch being on high wages. He probably is on decent wages but he is also well worth them. We are a rich club in the championship and the whole point of that is being able to attract and keep good players by paying them big wages.

Quite. Kennedy looked sharp and solid when he came on. Perfectly fine back up and I agree with Konch being on high wages. He probably is on decent wages but he is also well worth them. We are a rich club in the championship and the whole point of that is being able to attract and keep good players by paying them big wages.

Not when we will have to rely on earned income rather than loans.

The truth often is some people are just incapable of accepting it.

I accepted a long time ago that football is a business, run like a business and the people in charge of whichever club know infinitely more about running them and making sure they are koshur than absolutely anyone on an internet forum. With this in mind, simplistic comments about one snipet of the cobweb that is FFP are quite frankly.....boring.

Now ****ing well sign Heskey!!!!!

2 players= Heskey & Shorey?

Got to be. Didn't someone ITK, say that Birch was showing 2 "old" players around ? Well, Shorey is 31 and EIH is 34 - both would be 'old' through a young guys eyes ?!

I see Bert has confirmed that Emil was shown around - and offered a 1 year deal, with a possible 1 year extension if he warrants it. Bert also implies, that he's considering it !

Well if rumours are true we are trying to get rid of them all, if Konch goes first it doesn't mean others won't follow.

FFP means sacrifices, people need to start getting used to it. Days of us paying ridiculous wages ended last year.

I accepted a long time ago that football is a business, run like a business and the people in charge of whichever club know infinitely more about running them and making sure they are koshur than absolutely anyone on an internet forum. With this in mind, simplistic comments about one snipet of the cobweb that is FFP are quite frankly.....boring.

Now ****ing well sign Heskey!!!!!

If they are so good at running them how come so many have ended up in administration?

If they are so good at running them how come so many have ended up in administration?

The amount that end up in administration compared to the amount that dont, are far more favourable numbers compared to any other type of business.

They are the exception rather than the rule.

The amount that end up in administration compared to the amount that dont, are far more favourable numbers compared to any other type of business.

They are the exception rather than the rule.

A hell of a lot of exceptions then have you got the figures to prove that and those businesses generally don't have a captive audience like football clubs.

A hell of a lot of exceptions then have you got the figures to prove that and those businesses generally don't have a captive audience like football clubs.

Name me 10 clubs that have gone into administration and i'll name you 250 that havent.

Not sure what difference the viewing figures makes to either yours or my point to be honest.

My original point stands. Neither you or I have any the first idea of the ins and outs of running a football club and nor does anybody on this forum I would guess, so this conversation is basically a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we sign Alan Judge and Kelvin Wilson. But I wouldn't mind Chester and Stewart but that'll lead to more conflict with Hull, adding petrol to the fire.

Archived