Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

16 years ago today

i love the delayed reaction from our fans as the ball hits the net

I think the majority were still thinking MON! Kalac! WTF!

I think the majority were still thinking MON! Kalac! WTF!

The bloke next to me went into a panic when kalac came on. I told him not to worry as we won't be needing him. Seconds later he had got hold of me screaming 'you were right, you were right' into my face as the tunnel end went into meltdown.

Absolutely fantastic days. I hope those who were to young to remember it or weren't born get to see and experience what a wonderful feeling supporting city was back then and what followed.

I can remember talking to some cov fans at le mans in the sumner that followed and telling them to watch out for us as we were going to suprise people. Fantastic.

NOTHING will match that moment the goal went in! Unless you were there, its hard to explain....

For me, this was the build up of years of frustration watching City, yes we beat Derby at Wembley, but the pain of the Swindon defeat still rankled with the foxes following ( the only time I can remember ever crying in my life!!!). City had started the game slowly, but really got into their stride and deserved to lead.

I was sat right in line with the goal, next to my mum. We were so nervous about penalties, us and several hundred others were moving from our seats to watch from the back of the stand, my mum had just got up there, and I was in the stairwell when claridge scored. I will never forget it, I was watching the game as I walked, and as the ball hit the net the silence was stunning, others have mentioned it, but again, unless you were there its hard to imagine.... the silence seemed endless as everyone was stunned, and then absolute bedlam errupted, a celebration like no other. I ended up several rows down on some blokes back, it was truly amazing.

That moment will never be bettered for me.

I was very young when this happened. I can vaguely remember my dad saying "What the hell has he....YESSSSS!!!!!" as from our angle it looked like it was going to go over. I would give anything to relive this moment as my memory of it is very hazy. Nevertheless, what a day. I remember walking out of the ground, saying to my dad, "Can we come again next year?" ...and if i'm not wrong we did didn't we?

i love the delayed reaction from our fans as the ball hits the net.

we may be shit, but when we do win we win in the best way possible. could anything beat beating derby 2-1 with a late goal? Or the claridge goal? NO!

Gives me goosebumps. The split second when everything just seems to stop, incredible!

I had that piece of commentary and the crowd going wild after that goal as the greetings message on my answer phone for months afterwards ! Used to scare the hell out of people that didn't know what the heck it was ! Most never got round to leaving a message - so a win:win, really !

I am getting gooebumps thinking about that day, which is quite weird as I am sitting in an airless office with the air con on the blink, I am pink from sitting in the sun all day yesterday, and now I have goosebumps, it is kinda cooling me down...

What a fantastic day. My eldest lad, who was only 10 at the time, needed a wee just before the end of the game, I said ok quick lets go before the penalties. We just got back up the steps to see Kalac coming on. "What's he doing that for dad I was asked", then we watched from the steps in amazement as Claridge scored.

I just hope my 18 yr old and 11 yr old lads can taste some of that magic soon.

Great memories, come on city 3 years from the Champions league final, we must shut those Forest History boys up!!!

Archived