Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Modou Sougou - Senegalese winger

Dyer has not been consistent though, what so ever.

On his day, yes, fair play he's fantastic, but my opinion of him really has dropped over the past couple of years.

He's pace and nothing more. He hides in the centre - hug the fvcking touchline man, give us some width, Cameron Stewart, like him or not, is excellent at his positioning, constantly on the touchline.

Hides in the centre, beats players with pace rather than skill (which is alright if you have the pace but intelligent defenders will have you for breakfast), crossing is very average.

I worry he'll be in our first XI. He's an impact sub and nothing more, sadly.

I agree with some of this Dan..

What I can't agree with is that Lloyds final ball is as shite as many make out.

I saw with my own eyes, some of the games last season where Dyer ripped up the full back for arse paper, fizzed in a cross, only to be met by neither of our two strikers. The issue, for me anyway, wasn't the standard of the cross in, but the lack of gambling by anyone to get on the end of stuff. Jermaine was the biggest culprit but by no means the only one. I can't recollect any of our midfielders running in late to connect with an incoming cross.

I think that Dyer, playing alongside a quick 'thinking' pair of strikers can still be a dangerous proposition.

Perhaps his knack of coming inside is because he knows that there is little point hugging the touch line to deliver a cross from deep? Who to?

I can't remember us scoring anything much from deeper crosses as Beckford, and less so Nuge, got their head on anything so few times.

That was the problem for me, not so much Dyer.

And as I said before, I think Gally and Marshall are both super crossers of the ball... But still their final crosses in appeared to be gobbled up by the opposition defenders time after time...

Coincidence?

I don't believe so mate....

I agree with a lot of that to be fair, I know it's only FM lol but an example I'll always get Dyer bomb down the left, drilled in cross, Beckford taps in.

We don't ever do it, how hard can it be?

Maybe he's just mis-used, he just doesn't ever seem to really hug the touchline, I'm aware wingers are inconsistent but... I don't know, he goes missing too often and hiding inside just shows laziness to me.

Bit-part player for me sadly.

I quite like Dyer and actually agree with most of what Col's said. God that was painful to type :P

He is, currently, our only old skool winger, the only man who can pick up the ball on the half way line and beat his man, get to the byline and stretch a defence. Final ball is hit and miss, if he consistently delivered with good efforts on goal or cracking crosses he'd have spent most his career in the PL. you've got to accept that everyone who plays for us will have faults due to us not being that good, basically.

If this new chap signs (who looks a huge amount like Henri Camera, btw), he's not going to be excellent all round. He'll either not be able to cross it, not be able to control a football, be pretty poor positionally, be woeful providing cover leaving defence exposed or not be able to beat his man. Or maybe more than one. Just gotta get the best out of half decent players like Dyer until we get to the position where we can attract genuine quality.

I wish Rahh won games.

If Lloyd could cross and shoot I'd definitely play him on the left.

As it stands I think we are just as well teaching him to jump and entering him down Saffron Lane in the 110m hurdles.

Goal against Reading at home 10/11 season, goal against Hull 11/12 season, goal against Bristol City 11/12 season.

All of these were good shots that flew in. He doesn't do it all the time but he can shoot.

Dyer consistantly goes in to hibernation through the winter. He will have a cracking start to the season, do nothing in the months of Novemver, December and January. Finally gets dropped/rested in Feb and then has a decent end to the season.

When he is decent, although still very one dimensional, he's a good weapon to have. If only he could work on his right foot he'd be a much better player.

FOR F@*K SAKE SHUT UP, this is not a dryer thread and if he's was any good we wouldn't be looking for wingers

Hes good as a backup for a couple of years still

And Sven seemed to half rate him

Unsurpassable Pace

Weve been saying for about 18 months that we need two wingers, and then we got Marshall in :thumbup:

Fatboy - it's a forum and people respond to what is printed, that's why we live in a democracy rather than a dictatorship where the freedom to say and write expressively is surpressed - look at most topics they divert from the thread. I never understand why fellow Leicester fans need to be abusive - but hey ho.

FOR F@*K SAKE SHUT UP, this is not a dryer thread and if he's was any good we wouldn't be looking for wingers

Who said we are looking for wingers ? and if you use a v instead of a u you can spell FVCK a lot easier. Now how about you shutting the Fvck up ?

Its a thread about Sougou who could replace or challenge Dyer for his position if we were to sign him. so Dyer is involved in other words.

Think ScouseFox makes a good point about complete players - we are a Championship side so we'll do ridiculously well to find faultless players.

Dyer I don't think it used to his full advantage, there has got to be a reason he constantly hides in the centre.

I don't think Dyer in his wildest imagination could pull off 15 assists like this Sougou guy, yes he may be playing in a league with weaker quality championship/ league one. But he has played in the Portugal top division under AVB's tutelage and did well their as well, as well as being a Senegal international. Bring him in pronto, this is one of the areas on the pitch that needs quality..

I don't think Dyer in his wildest imagination could pull off 15 assists like this Sougou guy, yes he may be playing in a league with weaker quality championship/ league one. But he has played in the Portugal top division under AVB's tutelage and did well their as well, as well as being a Senegal international. Bring him in pronto, this is one of the areas on the pitch that needs quality..

I think there are areas of the pitch that 'need quality' more than on our left wing.

The central midfield and the right wing are two that spring to mind.

I think there are areas of the pitch that 'need quality' more than on our left wing.

The central midfield and the right wing are two that spring to mind.

I was on about the wing positions as a whole, with regards to centre midfield we need a defensive minded player, but so far we have just bought box to box midfielders.

Archived