Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The Strikers

The Club has quite a few strikers....

Schlupp, Beckford, Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn, as well as some of the younger lads starting to show promise.

Do people think that the current crop of strikers is good enough to mount a promotion campaign?

Should we sign anyone else? If so, what type of striker would people like to see at the club?

And who would you 'pair' with who?

I'll kick it off by suggesting that we should start with Beckford and Nugent and give them a few games to see whether they can get that partnership thing going.

Opinions please.....

We need a target man in their would send Schlupp out on loan

So a Target Man, Nugent, Beckford, Vardy and Waghorn should be good enough.

Partnership wise in a 4-4-2 Beckford and Nugent cannot play together they need a target man to play alongside

Perhaps Vardy could be utilized as a winger in a 4-4-2? seeing as he cuts in from the left and right.

In a 4-3-3 formation we would need a target man leading the attack with the two wide forwards being Vardy and Nugent.

Yes they are good enough.

We scored enough goals to mount a proper challenge last season but the defence was our downfall. Although, this could be argued by the fact that Beckford's hold up play is extremely poor and so doesn't relieve much pressure off of the defence. If Beckford could be given a confidence boost and he regained that arrogance he had about him when he was at Leeds, I have no doubt that a Nugent-Beckford partnership would yield at least 40 goals next season.

Schlupp has showed that he is capable of doing a job off the bench but I feel that a year out on loan would benefit him much more if Beckford stays. Waghorn is also still a very capable striker - people were quick to forget his first season under NP - give him some time working under NP again, to get properly fit and we could see the old Waggy again.

I've not seen much of Vardy but what I have seen has been impressive and I think that he can also do a job on the wing so I hear, so he will be a useful squad player altogether.

As for Hopper and Panayiotou, I'm pretty sure Panayiotou has 1 year left in the academy and so I can see him staying there. As for Hopper, can see him going out on loan to a League 2 club.

So the answer is yes, they are good enough and we don't need to sign any more strikers!

We need a target man in their would send Schlupp out on loan

So a Target Man, Nugent, Beckford, Vardy and Waghorn should be good enough.

Partnership wise in a 4-4-2 Beckford and Nugent cannot play together they need a target man to play alongside

Perhaps Vardy could be utilized as a winger in a 4-4-2? seeing as he cuts in from the left and right.

In a 4-3-3 formation we would need a target man leading the attack with the two wide forwards being Vardy and Nugent.

I think Schlupp will poss go on loan yes but cant see us keeping 5 x strikers happy..... Beckford, Waggy, Nuge, Vardy and a new one is alot hence why i dont think he'll bring another striker in unless he permanantly sells another.

Wouldnt agree that Beckford and Nugent cant play together, thats nonesense. They proved last season they can

I can see Vardy being played out wide more than through the middle personally. Most of the youtube clips I saw he seemed to score running from deep.

I think Waghorn will get a chance to recapture the form he had previously, at least with the 7 subs coming back in we can keep people happy a bit easier keeping them all involved.

As has been said a big man to mix it up would be useful, but I think that would mean someone having to go.

Who told Col he was allowed to start new topics again? Is his 1 year ban up now? lol

Na seriously I think any team in the league would welcome Nugent and Beckford I think its possible we could even see another striker join yet. If Southampton can go up with David Connolly then we should have no problems midfield and defence is still more of a concern to me right now

I think Schlupp will poss go on loan yes but cant see us keeping 5 x strikers happy..... Beckford, Waggy, Nuge, Vardy and a new one is alot hence why i dont think he'll bring another striker in unless he permanantly sells another.

Wouldnt agree that Beckford and Nugent cant play together, thats nonesense. They proved last season they can

Not to great avail I am afraid it took them along time to finally gel and I am not totally convinced they can, throughout their careers Beckford and Nugent have profited from playing alongside target man so logically if we keep both strikers this would be the type of striker we would need to get.

Not to great avail I am afraid it took them along time to finally gel and I am not totally convinced they can, throughout their careers Beckford and Nugent have profited from playing alongside target man so logically if we keep both strikers this would be the type of striker we would need to get.

I agree a target man may help but in some games they were unplayable..... Maybe a pre-season together will help too

I can see Vardy being played out wide more than through the middle personally. Most of the youtube clips I saw he seemed to score running from deep.

I think Waghorn will get a chance to recapture the form he had previously, at least with the 7 subs coming back in we can keep people happy a bit easier keeping them all involved.

As has been said a big man to mix it up would be useful, but I think that would mean someone having to go.

Depends what age they are I guess if we are signing some on like Heskey for example you wouldn't expect them to start every game, and least not forget we have the lad Blyth now who is a target man, but is most likely to be part of the development squad.

Yes they are good enough.

We scored enough goals to mount a proper challenge last season but the defence was our downfall. Although, this could be argued by the fact that Beckford's hold up play is extremely poor and so doesn't relieve much pressure off of the defence. If Beckford could be given a confidence boost and he regained that arrogance he had about him when he was at Leeds, I have no doubt that a Nugent-Beckford partnership would yield at least 40 goals next season.

Schlupp has showed that he is capable of doing a job off the bench but I feel that a year out on loan would benefit him much more if Beckford stays. Waghorn is also still a very capable striker - people were quick to forget his first season under NP - give him some time working under NP again, to get properly fit and we could see the old Waggy again.

I've not seen much of Vardy but what I have seen has been impressive and I think that he can also do a job on the wing so I hear, so he will be a useful squad player altogether.

As for Hopper and Panayiotou, I'm pretty sure Panayiotou has 1 year left in the academy and so I can see him staying there. As for Hopper, can see him going out on loan to a League 2 club.

So the answer is yes, they are good enough and we don't need to sign any more strikers!

I concur.

We need a target man. Someone to hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, especially the way we play at times. The ball doesn't stick with Beckford and Nugent, for example, and often last season the ball just come back and the central midfielders were constantly up and down the field chasing the loose ball.

Depends what formation I suppose. If we play 4-3-3, where does Marshall fit in? As one of the three? Can't see it happening, so if that results in the normal 4-4-2, then Nugent has got to start. Who partners him is another question, suppose it depends on pre season and training. I would like to see Vardy in the first few League games though, just to get an idea of what he is like, etc...

<p>

<br />

We need a target man. Someone to hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, especially the way we play at times. The ball doesn't stick with Beckford and Nugent, for example, and often last season the ball just come back and the central midfielders were constantly up and down the field chasing the loose ball.<br />

<br />

Depends what formation I suppose. If we play 4-3-3, where does Marshall fit in? As one of the three? Can't see it happening, so if that results in the normal 4-4-2, then Nugent has got to start. Who partners him is another question, suppose it depends on pre season and training. I would like to see Vardy in the first few League games though, just to get an idea of what he is like, etc...<br />

<br />

</p>

Emile!? Is that you??

Who told Col he was allowed to start new topics again? Is his 1 year ban up now? lol

Na seriously I think any team in the league would welcome Nugent and Beckford I think its possible we could even see another striker join yet. If Southampton can go up with David Connolly then we should have no problems midfield and defence is still more of a concern to me right now

Shut up Jace...

lol

Right, I know sometimes I do stupid posts or mention my sad little penis too often but I'm turning over as new leaf and trying to engane more seriously on this forum.

I think we are fine up front to be honest, I really do not think we need an addition although I would be happy if Big Emile signed. I think an ball winning target man who can create chances but also defend from the front would be a vital addition. I feel we are not too far away I really do. If we defend better as a team we'll be fine.

Actually, trying to be serious is dull and I just realised I have nothing to say so I'm reverting to type.....

My God my d1ck's tiny, I think we should line up like this upfront next season:

Sigporrson To Madeira Maxim Tsigalko

GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mum.

X

at the minuite i would look at Nugent and Waghorn as the top two they are both hard workers and put in a shift i think Beckford will leave. Vardy has played on the wing before and i have a feeling we might use him on the left wing. Schluup needs to go out on loan to improve.

Why does everyone blow smoke up Nugent's arse all the time? Is he REALLY that good? No.

Same with Kasper both very much championship standard players but still the best in their position at the club.

I think we need another 1 striker of quality.

Schlupp, waghorn and vardy are all unproven, hopefully at least one has a good season. Other than that we are relying on the same beckford/nugent pairing that was inadequate last time.

I think if we replace Beckford (Based on his performances compared to Nugent, and wages as well as age compared to Waghorn and Vardy) with a good target man like Heskey we'll be fine in terms of strikers. Really think that Waghorn and Vardy could do a good job for us given first team chances next year. Heskey would be brilliant and get the best out of Nugent, Vardy and Waghorn. I don't think Beckford and Nugent worked as a partnership last year.

I think that we should send Schlupp and waggy out on loan, vardy, nugent and beckford should swap once every 2 or 3 games. So i think that :pearson: should buy a young talented striker. And get the messiah HESKEY :)

Archived