Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The Strikers

Our strikers are no good in the air so the ball was quite often played to feet last season. Our inability to hold the ball up front was responsible for our midfield and defence always being under the cosh. Waghorn is the only one who can hold the ball up so i'd start with him and Vardy if we don't get a target man in

Vardy and Waghorn to put pressure on Nugent & Beckford and to deputise with squad rotation for cup games etc.

Schlupp Hopper et al to go out on loan and get some good experience in League 1 if possible

I'd still like a target man who can win everything in the air from Schmeical's kicks rather than hoping the ball will bounce kindly in the path of Beckford........

How about Emile Heskey on a free? :ph34r:

I still think NP might offload Beckford too......... personally I hope he stays.

190612102956.png

I think we may play one upfront

Beckford isn't a left winger and Marshall shouldn't be that deep. If we play that formation then Vardy on the wing, Nugent up front, Marshall in behind the striker and one of Drinkwater/Wellens/King/James in the midfield would work.

The Club has quite a few strikers....

Schlupp, Beckford, Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn, as well as some of the younger lads starting to show promise.

Do people think that the current crop of strikers is good enough to mount a promotion campaign?

Should we sign anyone else? If so, what type of striker would people like to see at the club?

And who would you 'pair' with who?

I'll kick it off by suggesting that we should start with Beckford and Nugent and give them a few games to see whether they can get that partnership thing going.

Opinions please.....

In a word No.

Schlupp: I'm not yet convinced. Yes he's young but he seems lacking in some areas especially awareness of opportunities. Probably needs game time. Question is will he get it here or does he need to go on loan?

Nugent: Fine as long as he can stay fit.

Beckford: Frankly who knows. All depends which Beckford decides to turn up. He's a good finisher but his all round play is poor.

Vardy: A gamble by the club and we don't kow whether he will be any good at this level.

Waghorn: If we get the Waghorn of a couple of seasons ago then fine if we get the guy low on confidence and sufering injuries he's not going to play much of a part.

We need at least one more striker. We have no threat in the air up front so a mobile target man is a necessity for me.

The youngsters are not really going to get a look in a probably need to gain some experience out on loan.

If we get a long term injury to Nugent then I think we're going to struggle big time. There's too much uncertainty for me in our strikers. I'm happy to admit they could turn out to be great but I'm not that cofident.

Nugent, Vardy and maybe Beckford are the strikers we will probably be left with.

Schlupp should be sent out on loan and Waghorn should be sold in my opinion.

Beckford might leave, while Nugent will start, think Vardy will get a slow introduction into the side.

We could do with another striker, wouldn't mind Henderson as a target man or someone like Simon Cox/Simeon Jackson. Both players ain't getting game time at their sides, Norwich and West Brom will more than likely sign a striker or two for themselves. Jackson is out of contract aswell I saw somewhere, always been a fan of his and was capable of scoring in the Prem.

Probably just wishes, but at least these are realistic wishes.

Waghorn could be in the starting eleven more next season, despite scoring against Leeds at the end of the season he's still overated!, he's only here because he's Pearson favourite!

Sousa signed him permanently.

Waghorn could be in the starting eleven more next season, despite scoring against Leeds at the end of the season he's still overated!, he's only here because he's Pearson favourite!

Jesus christ, you really are a typical Villa fan arent you? Moan about absolutely ****ing everything and everyone.

If Waghorn is on the same form as he was in the play-off season, he will feature a lot. Pearson got the best out of him once, I am positive he can do it again. Nugent would still be the first name on the team sheet, with Kasper and Konch. Beckford, who knows which Beckford will turn up next season.

Jesus christ, you really are a typical Villa fan arent you? Moan about absolutely ****ing everything and everyone.

You can criticise Pearson for things, but not for keeping players who he didn't even sign and was injured when he arrived.

Archived