Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmer

Sol Long Bamba

Sad day. Don't care what anyone says he is a very good defender. Was a legend when he first came to us and scored a few goals. Will be remembered for his first touch superman goal (as described by gally) against man city and his crazy runs what always seemed to pay off. Good luck to you sol

I personally think that they have got a good player for 750k.

However, that's another player off the wage bill and if we sell Mills it will go down even further.

The wage bill is and will become more important.

I think Pearson knows what he's doing in this respect.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or two more are shipped out though. Beckford? Peltier? Maybe..

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2815063,00.html

Leicester City can confirm that an agreement has been reached for the transfer of Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old defender has agreed personal terms with the Turkish club, bringing to an end his 17-month spell at King Power Stadium.

Bamba joined City from Scottish club Hibernian in January 2011 and made 55 appearances in all competitions for the Club, scoring four goals.

I personally think that they have got a good player for 750k.

However, that's another player off the wage bill and if we sell Mills it will go down even further.

The wage bill is and will become more important.

I think Pearson knows what he's doing in this respect.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or two more are shipped out though. Beckford? Peltier? Maybe..

Let's hope they get shipped out as soon as possible.

Good luk Sol, I think Turkish football will suit rather than championship.Sadly not an NP sort of player.

No doubt. I think he could have become a Pearson sort of player, but i guess this FFP thing combined with the fact his wages would have been higher than average mean it's fairly comprehendable why Pearson let him go for that sort of fee. We can use the fee and his wages to bring in a suitable 'Championship' defender or put it towards a player of slightly higher calibre; say Chester.

Either way, it's not the worst thing selling Bamba. His ridiculous Cruyff turns and goal against City will be memories for a while, but the Pearson regime continues.

Nigel Pearson isn't an idiot, and he was a solid centre back throughout his career. So if he thinks Bamba, or whoever, isn't good enough, I support that decision.

In my opinion, Bamba was never indispensible to the club, wasn't a goalscoring centre back and he will never be a legend (can't believe I read that). Yes he was sometimes entertaining, but most of the time I never felt safe with him in our defence.

Think this was a pretty poor decision really. One of our best technically gifted players - again some would say got into a head hunt of who to blame for the Chelsea loss. He was entertaining, and passionate but he isn't nicknamed "Bomb-scare" for nothing. I get why the haters hate him, but I thought he was a fantastic player.

No doubt. I think he could have become a Pearson sort of player, but i guess this FFP thing combined with the fact his wages would have been higher than average mean it's fairly comprehendable why Pearson let him go for that sort of fee. We can use the fee and his wages to bring in a suitable 'Championship' defender or put it towards a player of slightly higher calibre; say Chester.

Either way, it's not the worst thing selling Bamba. His ridiculous Cruyff turns and goal against City will be memories for a while, but the Pearson regime continues.

Good post...

Archived