Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The exodus continues : Konchesky to QPR?

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/06/19/64767-31214526/?

QPR have Paul Konchesky in their sights as the former Fulham defender eyes a move back to London and the Premier League.

The former England international was the one that got away from boss Mark Hughes just as he was lining up his Whites squad for 2010-11.

Sparky thought he had inherited an established left-back, but the 31-year-old was unable to resist the lure of Liverpool and rejoined Roy Hodgson for what turned out to be the manager’s ill-fated reign on Merseyside.

As soon as the current England boss was ousted from Anfield barely 31 games into the shortest stay of any Liverpool manager, Konchesky was also history.

New manager Kenny Dalglish farmed him out first to Nottingham Forest, who at the time stood a realistic chance of promotion to the top flight, and then to Leicester City, ditto, same hopes – only to see neither make the final transition.

Now, with the future of Taye Taiwo uncertain following the Milan defender’s loan spell, and Hughes just as likely to see Armand Traore as a left-sided midfielder, Konchesky is hopeful of finally meeting up with the Rs boss.

A close source said: “Decent left-backs are hard to come by – and Paul is certainly more than a decent left-back.

“He’s not had the rub of the green since joining Liverpool – but a lot of that was down to the preference of others.

“With Premier League sides wanting two players for every position, he could certainly do a job at QPR.”

Konchesky is one season in to a three-year deal with Leicester, and would command a near £1million fee – although Rs supremo Tony Fernandes has promised to make funds available for a raft of new signings after last season’s narrow relegation escape.

near 1 million, sorry but if we make another loss on player who was one of the bright notes of last season, then our owners must be mental.

Maybe there's a limit to what they can spend. They might need to recoup whatever they can, however small.

Sell him for £50 might as well.

Np you new side best come out fighting you may be clearing the wage bill but your giving em all away.

Don't see our owners giving him long at this rate.

He's gotta pull up tree's from day one imo.

Not happy another going who nxt Kasper.

Sell him for £50 might as well.

Np you new side best come out fighting you may be clearing the wage bill but your giving em all away.

Don't see our owners giving him long at this rate.

He's gotta pull up tree's from day one imo.

Not happy another going who nxt Kasper.

lol Oh dear...

near 1 million, sorry but if we make another loss on player who was one of the bright notes of last season, then our owners must be mental.

Or you could say they are now realistic, where as spending big money on players and giving them big contracts (that weren't sustainable) was actually mental.

It's not just a case of only selling for £1m. If you get rid of someone on £25k+ a week and replace them with someone on £10k a week. That's another £1.5m saved over the remainder of his contract.

So if all rumours are true;

Out - Bamba, Mills, Peltier, Konch

Leaves us with - SSL, Morgan, Kennedy, Moore, De Laet

Pearson better have some realistic targets in sight and not spend the summer going for Chester and being denied! Konch was one of the top 3 best players last season, I just hope we get an able replacement.

So if all rumours are true;

Out - Bamba, Mills, Peltier, Konch

Leaves us with - SSL, Morgan, Kennedy, Moore, De Laet

Pearson better have some realistic targets in sight and not spend the summer going for Chester and being denied! Konch was one of the top 3 best players last season, I just hope we get an able replacement.

So am I the only one who thinks, Kennedy - Morgan - SSL - De Laet, would be quite good?

Edit: Obviously though we do need to bring in a LB and CB at least to challenge Kennedy and SSL for a place in the team.

Or you could say they are now realistic, where as spending big money on players and giving them big contracts (that weren't sustainable) was actually mental.

It's not just a case of only selling for £1m. If you get rid of someone on £25k+ a week and replace them with someone on £10k a week. That's another £1.5m saved over the remainder of his contract.

Babs

What kind of slaries do you think the individual players are on?

How many on 2-10k

10-20k

20-30k

I don't believe there's anyone on more than 30k myself.

So am I the only one who thinks, Kennedy - Morgan - SSL - De Laet, would be quite good?

It doesn't look bad but De Laet is more of a CB who can cover RB isn't he? I genuinely think alot of the problems last season came from Pelts and his poor positional sense. SSL and Morgan looked the most solid partnership but is it good enough to challenge at the top?

Babs

What kind of slaries do you think the individual players are on?

How many on 2-10k

10-20k

20-30k

I don't believe there's anyone on more than 30k myself.

Well if rumours are to be believed he was on £60k + at Liverpool. They may well have paid a proportion of his wages during the remainder of his contract, but we would still have needed to stump up a large amount for someone earning that kind of money.

Similarly to get Beckford we'd have needed to pay big money, along with Nugent and maybe Danns at the lower end of those on big money.

I would guess there will be a group of them earning £20k+.

It doesn't look bad but De Laet is more of a CB who can cover RB isn't he? I genuinely think alot of the problems last season came from Pelts and his poor positional sense. SSL and Morgan looked the most solid partnership but is it good enough to challenge at the top?

He can play in all the positions across the back but RB is his preferred position.

He is one of 5 indispensable players imo if we are to have a proper push. The others are Schmeichel, Danns, Marshall and Beckford (if he wants to be here). These are all premiership players and we need them at our club.

He is one of 5 indispensable players imo if we are to have a proper push. The others are Schmeichel, Danns, Marshall and Beckford (if he wants to be here). These are all premiership players and we need them at our club.

Beckford indispensable?

Beckford's indispensable, Nugent's not... wow.

Archived