Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The exodus continues : Konchesky to QPR?

Toffee Fox@FoxToffee

After Mills, the Leicester board have still told NP he has to cut a few more before signing 'big' players

Probably the main reason why commodities i.e Konchesy and Beckford are being moved on while we cannot get rid of the deadwood i.e Gally, Dyer, Wellens because their would be no takers?

Fookin great.

At least it's a Prem team he is linked with and not a Championship side.

Would be gutted if Konchesky leaves, along with Bruno Berner he is probably the best left-back we have had for a good 20 years.

i.e Gally, Dyer, Wellens because their would be no takers?

Gallagher is going through family stuff, hardly likely to want to move. Wellens is injured, and there is no way we will sell one of only two wingers we have.

Yes, it's just a gut instinct really. I think he has it there, he showed it with Leeds in League One. If he got that arrogance about him that he had at Leeds he could be so dangerous at this level. His link up play with Nugent also improved as the season went on. I would certainly keep him on until the January transfer window.

I would also, it's all about the £££££'s though. If we aren't getting value for money NP may decide to deal now rather than wait. I wouldn't be fussed if he went.

FFP is one thing, but I believe Pearson has had his mind up on a few of these exits for a long time. Pearson has long been known to have well organised teams and a tight knit defence. The frustration in Pearson was clear to see when game after game the players would let him down with such basic errors or ill discipline. Players on potentialy premier wages not able to transfer his tactics onto the field of play, whether it be down to egos or just lack of a decent footballing brain, i'm sure he'd made his mind up about who he could work with or not for the coming season.

Edit* feck wrong thread! moved to right thread...lol

ps...I like Konch but if he's on prem wages its just not sustainable.

I would be puzzled if we sold him for less than we paid. We only paid £1.5m and he was one of the few to come out of last season with any credit. I can understand others going for less as they have been either found a little short of enough quality in this division or have made their position untenable after arguements.

FFP is one thing, but I believe Pearson has had his mind up on a few of these exits for a long time. Pearson has long been known to have well organised teams and a tight knit defence. The frustration in Pearson was clear to see when game after game the players would let him down with such basic errors or ill discipline. Players on potentialy premier wages not able to transfer his tactics onto the field of play, whether it be down to egos or just lack of a decent footballing brain, i'm sure he'd made his mind up about who he could work with or not for the coming season.

I think you are right!

1) Just my opinion as the wages he may be on with FFP coming round the corner and probably doesn't suit NP's style of footie.

So the poor guy gets slagged down for nothing more than your opinion a probably and no facts.

Like fvck would I want you on a jury if ever I'm in court.

N thank Fvck they don't hang any more.

Gallagher is going through family stuff, hardly likely to want to move. Wellens is injured, and there is no way we will sell one of only two wingers we have.

Billy Sharp went through the same nigtmare and moved to Southampton, Gallagher seems as impresssed with the fans as we are with him so it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

Dyer is dogshit and can easily be replaced so let's sell the fooker as quick as we can.

Billy Sharp went through the same nigtmare and moved to Southampton

Very true, although I can't see a top of the league team with the premier league on the horizon being after him.

Dyer is dogshit and can easily be replaced so let's sell the fooker as quick as we can.

Absolutely nothing wrong with having Dyer around, his pace causes problems. He's more than good enough as a squad player here. Pace off the bench with 20 to go if you need it.

I must not come into the Transfer Bollocks section of the forum :frusty:

I agree to a point. The bottom line is though, defensively we were dreadfull last year so getting rid of the entire back 4, isn't a bad tactic IMO. That being said, a back 4 of Kennedy, Morgan, SSL and De Laet isnt one that makes me think we'll storm the league but then again, One of Berner, Hobbs, Brown and Morrisson didnt either. Time will tell.

We didn't exactly storm the league though.

Pace and no product, play him as a sub for 20 games and he may change 2 of them.

I just want a new midfield both on the pitch and bench.

More chance of world peace though with NFP in charge.

Well since he has been here he has signed two centre mids, one right winger and a striker/left winger. With rumours of interest in Stewart still an with Danns obviously still here.

That's probably the same amount if not more midfielders than Sven signed in his year here.

Where in that does it say he's going to sell him though? This was after Beckford stood on the half-way line and refused to go up for a corner/free kick.

http://www.thisislei...tail/story.html - touche.

I was making the point that since that point in time NP was considering selling him with also with the newspaper rumblings about the departure of certain players i.e Mills, Beckford, Peltier since January time, it adds credence whether you want to believe it or not.

I thought FFP rules (so the actual penalties applied to clubs and what not) were being implemented 2013/2014 season?? And we've still got to wipe the debt to ensure we don't get fined so this is probably why the likes of Konchesky (who has done nothing wrong) are being linked with moves away (and probably sold)

I was making the point that since that point in time NP was considering selling him with also with the newspaper rumblings about the departure of certain players i.e Mills, Beckford, Peltier since January time, it adds credence whether you want to believe it or not.

But he hasn't said "I am considering selling Beckford" has he? You're speculating that he is thinking that. I for one don't mind what happens to Beckford, I think with a good pre-season he will be an excellent forward. But we need to play to his advantages, and he has to learn to also play a different way - there needs to be a compromise.

But he hasn't said "I am considering selling Beckford" has he? You're speculating that he is thinking that. I for one don't mind what happens to Beckford, I think with a good pre-season he will be an excellent forward. But we need to play to his advantages, and he has to learn to also play a different way - there needs to be a compromise.

Yes I am sorry :thumbup:

Agree on the second point , but how can he learn to play a different way I just think playing to his advantages would be far beneficial would it not?

I do hope this is all crap.

Konch is a good player at this level.

Is it me or does Pearson appear to be getting rid, or allegedly contemplating offers for players that were only signed by Sven?

As Welly stated earlier, who's gonna be next?

Kasper?

There's loyalty Nige, but this appears to be going a little far... Bamba, Mills, Peltier? Now Konch.

I'm getting a little worried...

lol

PS... This also appears to have become a Beckford thread.. lol

If we do replace Konchesky with Shorey then I will really begin to lose faith in Pearson's plans for this season. Not been impressed with some of the departures at all, but it is early days yet.

Hopefully it's bollocks with PK because as someone has already mentioned; they should be lining up much better targets than a left-back who wasn't even player of the season for a Championship team that finished 9th.

To be fair, Mills was on a high contract, and Konchesky probably is as well. Bamba wasn't good enough, and there are questions over Peltier. I don't think it's a case of Nigel getting rid of all Sven's players, he's just getting rid of the wages, and the players who arn't good enough.

I'm ok with it all so far, but I wouldn't like Shorey as a replacement to Konchesky. Konchesky is steady, he isn't fantastic, but he is decent at this level. If we replace him, it needs to be for someone younger who is just as good, or better, in my opinion.

To be fair, Mills was on a high contract, and Konchesky probably is as well. Bamba wasn't good enough, and there are questions over Peltier. I don't think it's a case of Nigel getting rid of all Sven's players, he's just getting rid of the wages, and the players who arn't good enough.

I'm ok with it all so far, but I wouldn't like Shorey as a replacement to Konchesky. Konchesky is steady, he isn't fantastic, but he is decent at this level. If we replace him, it needs to be for someone younger who is just as good, or better, in my opinion.

I just reckon there's players I'd far more readily want to offload than Konch, or Peltier IMO.

Again, Wellens, King, Gally....

Konchesky is a superior player to any of these three mentioned.

Does this 'offloading' imply some sort of financial issues/problems at City?

I don't know, but say Konch is on 25k per week? So what? I thought we could afford this sort of salary. I am aware FFP is coming in, but does this imply we are gonna get rid of nearly ALL of our higher paid players?

Konch was one of City's best players last season, without a doubt in my mind. I'd never want to replace him with Kennedy or Shorey for example.

It also again shows maybe just what a fookin Pigs ear Sven and the board made at the start of last season. It would appear that they both fully expected to gain promotion within a year.

Hmmmmm.

Toffee Fox on another thread has stated that the owners have said that even after Mills cuts will still have to be made.I fail to see how selling our better players like Konch etc will ensure a better position than 9th..To blame NP when this is being driven by the need to trim costs is unfair,but it does look depressing,

Archived