Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The exodus continues : Konchesky to QPR?

probaly just on too much wages, plus he gets slower by the day

Slower by the day? He's one of our quickest players. He gets forward far more than Peltier and always gets back in when he has gone forward. Really odd criticism.

I wouldn't mind tbh. Massively overrated and only getting older. Would totally sell him for 1M.

Name a time when you can remember him having more than one or two bad games in the entire season.

I can't think of really any wingers that tore him apart or noticeably got the better of him, can you? He is by far our best full back, and touchwood still will be next season. Think about Peltier, Pantsil who have both played right back. They got torn a new arsehole by Lallana, Mcanuff, Stewart to name a few.

Slower by the day? He's one of our quickest players. He gets forward far more than Peltier and always gets back in when he has gone forward. Really odd criticism.

Name a time when you can remember him having more than one or two bad games in the entire season.

I can't think of really any wingers that tore him apart or noticeably got the better of him, can you? He is by far our best full back, and touchwood still will be next season. Think about Peltier, Pantsil who have both played right back. They got torn a new arsehole by Lallana, Mcanuff, Stewart to name a few.

Spot on with this. he was head and shoulders above all our defenders last season. in fact the only class act we had and it showed. To lose him would be a step back and no mistake.

This...

Just look back at the 'player of the season' thread..

Are the same people making out that Konch is maybe not really that good, the ones who were signing his praises on numerous occasions throughout last season?

I thought he was really consistent and really solid.

Can't really think of many bad games he had.

This must purely be about money surely?

Beckford is on 40,000 a week, that kind of money to a championship club is crippling, even of how good he is still want him gone!

How do people know this? Not saying you're wrong just questioning how credible this info is, a lot of people seem to 'know' despite not really giving any evidence. If Beckford is on this much we should shift him, he simply is not worth that much.

How do people know this? Not saying you're wrong just questioning how credible this info is, a lot of people seem to 'know' despite not really giving any evidence. If Beckford is on this much we should shift him, he simply is not worth that much.

He's on 30K a week... I'm 99% sure of this as my dad has a friend who is mates with people in the finance bit of leicester.

Surely anyone who works in finance at Leicester are not allowed to discuss personal details to any Tom, Dick or Harry - it's more than their job is worth. Someone's financial contract is a private and confidential document.

Surely anyone who works in finance at Leicester are not allowed to discuss personal details to any Tom, Dick or Harry - it's more than their job is worth. Someone's financial contract is a private and confidential document.

I've been told that the reason that Sharp didn't join us was because he wanted more than Beckford who is on 30K and Pearson didn't think he was worth it so fvcked him off.

He's on 30K a week... I'm 99% sure of this as my dad has a friend who is mates with people in the finance bit of leicester.

I'd pay him 20K at most tbh, I imagine 30K is pretty much the top wage in the championship - if you get paid that much you should be banging them in. He isn't :/

I'd pay him 20K at most tbh, I imagine 30K is pretty much the top wage in the championship - if you get paid that much you should be banging them in. He isn't :/

I'd agree with that but he was playing at a premier league club - Everton before, and was probably on a fairly high wage there, and the wage that we offered him was probably the main reason he came to us in fairness.

If you can download the moan in after Barnsley away, people were saying it was a mistake to buy him. He had a shocking start to the season, a good middle and an average end. I wouldnt be disappointed if he stayed, but I wouldnt cry like a bitch if he left.

If you can download the moan in after Barnsley away, people were saying it was a mistake to buy him. He had a shocking start to the season, a good middle and an average end. I wouldnt be disappointed if he stayed, but I wouldnt cry like a bitch if he left.

The Barnsley game whereby Bamba and Mills were torn to pieces by the big lump that is Andy Gray, and the goal that we conceded that came from our right hand side yet again. I was there for all home games this year and 5/6 away and genuinely cannot remember a particularly bad game he's had.

I understand some don't necessarily feel he's as consistent and reliable as i do, but i can't understand that people wouldn't be disappointed if he left. He was without a doubt in my top 3 players of the season. And if people want to get rid of the few who actually performed well last year then we'd be lucky to improve on mid-table.

The Barnsley game whereby Bamba and Mills were torn to pieces by the big lump that is Andy Gray, and the goal that we conceded that came from our right hand side yet again. I was there for all home games this year and 5/6 away and genuinely cannot remember a particularly bad game he's had.

I understand some don't necessarily feel he's as consistent and reliable as i do, but i can't understand that people wouldn't be disappointed if he left. He was without a doubt in my top 3 players of the season. And if people want to get rid of the few who actually performed well last year then we'd be lucky to improve on mid-table.

If you rate him that highly then fair enough. Personally, I look at the defence and Pearsons handling of it like this, when we were relegated to league 1, we had statistically a good defence, at the start of the League 1 season, none of that back 4 started the game.

Pearson knows how to build a back 4 and if that means getting rid of 4 individuals (Mills, Bamba, Pelts and Konch) in order to build a more solid unit, fine.

If you rate him that highly then fair enough. Personally, I look at the defence and Pearsons handling of it like this, when we were relegated to league 1, we had statistically a good defence, at the start of the League 1 season, none of that back 4 started the game.

Pearson knows how to build a back 4 and if that means getting rid of 4 individuals (Mills, Bamba, Pelts and Konch) in order to build a more solid unit, fine.

I agree wholeheartedly with that idea. I trust Pearson to sort it and i'm sure he will do, and that is for sure that for the majority of last season we didn't have a solid unit at the back. Touchwood Kasper and Konchesky are still there at the beginning of this campaign and hopefully by that first game we'll have a new more solid unit at the back joining them.

It's no surprise to me that Pearson is clearing out the defensive squad, we leaked soft goals again and again last season.

Once the outs are sorted expect the ins to commence. And they'll be younger, cheaper and keener to learn and easier for Pearson to mould into his usual mean defensive unit.

Most of this will be money driven. The board gambled but failed to go up. Now they still are backing Pearson but want to do it on a lower budget. Konchesky was one of our better player last year but guess he is also one of the highest earners.

A

Why are people even discussing getting rid of Konchesky? are you people crazy or what? he was one of our best players last season?!?

Agree with this. Apart from a couple of dodgy games, he was up there as one of the best players of the season. His experience and know how are very important for us.

Because he has been linked with moving?

I can understand people talking about him being linked with a move, i'm more baffled by the people who think he'l be easy to replace and claiming he wasnt that great last season. Why would anybody actually want him to leave?

I can understand people talking about him being linked with a move, i'm more baffled by the people who think he'l be easy to replace and claiming he wasnt that great last season. Why would anybody actually want him to leave?

Because people on this forum are fickle as fook.

I guarantee that if Kasper was linked to another club the usual half wits would come on here and say "meh, he wasn't that good".

I understand the "deadwood" needs shipping out before Pearson can start to build his own team but getting rid of the players who have proven their worth isn't the way to do it, otherwise we will have the usual merry go round of players that need to gel..etc..etc.

We should be fighting to keep players like Konch, not use it as an excuse to berate him.

Archived