Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The exodus continues : Konchesky to QPR?

Beckford indispensable?

In my opinion, yes, I also forgot to mention Nugent tbh.

GOALS GOALS GOALS

If Beckford is full of confidence he is the best striker in this division. I don't get the massive witch hunt with him.

Beckford's indispensable, Nugent's not... wow.

Fair, I've said above I forgot Nugent...

If Beckford is full of confidence he is the best striker in this division. I don't get the massive witch hunt with him.

Do you have even the slightest bit of evidence for suggesting Beckford is the best striker in the division when full of confidence, or is it just fun to say?

GOALS GOALS GOALS

Fair, I've said above I forgot Nugent...

He is lazy and doesn't score enough League goals, cup goals don't count by the way :whistle: , has an attitude problem as well, oh and he is on too much wages. :ph34r:

He is lazy and doesn't score enough League goals, cup goals don't count by the way :whistle: , has an attitude problem as well, oh and he is on too much wages. :ph34r:

It's amazing how you can make all those true statements sound like a good thing, nice work.

Love how one mention of Beckford and the whole thread changes into a mass argument. Konchesky is quality we shouldn't let him go seeing as he was such a consistent performer last season.

This is why I mainly stay away from Transfer Talk, the amount of ****** around is ridiculous. Wellens this, Beckford that...

It's amazing how you can make all those true statements sound like a good thing, nice work.

Sarcasm and jokery, tbh Beckford is dead man walking as far as NP is concerned, he will be off like Konchesky and these are two departures which will make our promotion challenge weaker imo. But NP is the boss so I suppose he knows what he is doing..

Konchesky was without a doubt one of our top 3 most consistent players last season. Seriously hope we don't sell him, or we will struggle to get a left back who is half as good as he is for around £1million. Hopefully just lazy journalism, or as has been said just agent talk.

Which other left backs are there around available for that kind of money who would improve upon Konchesky?

Sarcasm and jokery, tbh Beckford is dead man walking as far as NP is concerned, he will be off like Konchesky and these are two departures which will make our promotion challenge weaker imo. But NP is the boss so I suppose he knows what he is doing..

Where does everyone get this NP hates Beckford thing from? He was the manager that got the best out of him and by all accounts took him under his wing.

...and how do you know this? Has Pearson came and personally told you?

Im not bothered wither way, as long as we get a Million for him it will be ok.

I would say he was a player Pearson wouldnt want to get rid of but he will be in the top 3/4 earners at club so Pearson may have no choice.

Also QPR are a Prem team in London, which happens to be where Paul lives.

Fair play you talk some utter garbage!

...and how do you know this? Has Pearson came and personally told you?

1) Just my opinion as the wages he may be on with FFP coming round the corner and probably doesn't suit NP's style of footie.

Fair play you talk some utter garbage!

I am just pissed off with this whole scenario we are getting rid of good players for peanuts unless we have equally good replacements or better their is no point. FFP doesn't need to be implemented till next season and unless NP doesn't feel he can get this squad of players promoted by then, their is no point in being to hasty and getting rid of Konchesky, Beckford potentially for example.

Is your opinion based on a hunch though? It can't be based on evidence as he's never done it in this league and could well be argued he's never done it in the league above either.

It's no witch hunt, he's just been poor too often. Scoring in something like 7 games out of 46 is pretty poor.

I am just pissed off with this whole scenario we are getting rid of good players for peanuts unless we have equally good replacements or better their is no point. FFP doesn't need to be implemented till next season and unless NP doesn't feel he can get this squad of players promoted by then, their is no point in being to hasty and getting rid of Konchesky, Beckford potentially for example.

I agree to a point. The bottom line is though, defensively we were dreadfull last year so getting rid of the entire back 4, isn't a bad tactic IMO. That being said, a back 4 of Kennedy, Morgan, SSL and De Laet isnt one that makes me think we'll storm the league but then again, One of Berner, Hobbs, Brown and Morrisson didnt either. Time will tell.

First off I believe FFP is this year.

Secondly we're getting rid of average players. We're getting less than we paid, but what we're getting is pretty much market value. People aren't overpaying as we did.

FFP is going to drag down prices in this league for teams who want rid of players, because people know you have to. And people willing to buy don't have as much money.

Exactly, your opinion. Perhaps not in Pearson's.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/7649291/Pearson-to-deal-with-Beckford

First off I believe FFP is this year.

Secondly we're getting rid of average players. We're getting less than we paid, but what we're getting is pretty much market value. People aren't overpaying as we did.

FFP is going to drag down prices in this league for teams who want rid of players, because people know you have to. And people willing to buy don't have as much money.

Mills and Pelts I agree, but getting rid of potentially Konchesky and Beckford I disagree. The other points you make are valid either way NP must know what he is doing, I guess the wages are more so the problem than the players themselves in getting rid.

Is your opinion based on a hunch though? It can't be based on evidence as he's never done it in this league and could well be argued he's never done it in the league above either.

It's no witch hunt, he's just been poor too often. Scoring in something like 7 games out of 46 is pretty poor.

Yes, it's just a gut instinct really. I think he has it there, he showed it with Leeds in League One. If he got that arrogance about him that he had at Leeds he could be so dangerous at this level. His link up play with Nugent also improved as the season went on. I would certainly keep him on until the January transfer window.

Archived