Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The exodus continues : Konchesky to QPR?

Toffee Fox on another thread has stated that the owners have said that even after Mills cuts will still have to be made.I fail to see how selling our better players like Konch etc will ensure a better position than 9th..To blame NP when this is being driven by the need to trim costs is unfair,but it does look depressing,

I ask again, why do costs have to be 'trimmed' to such an extent?

Even with FFP, I thought we had money?

Yes I am sorry :thumbup:

Agree on the second point , but how can he learn to play a different way I just think playing to his advantages would be far beneficial would it not?

Yeah same, we have to play to the whole team's strengths. If somebody doesn't fit in - then time to find somebody who does fit.

Anyways, Konch shouldn't be sold!

Beckford is on 40,000 a week, that kind of money to a championship club is crippling, even of how good he is still want him gone!

No he's not stop making up figures. He is on 30K/week and Sharp wouldn't join us because he thought that he should be on more than Beckford.

I ask again, why do costs have to be 'trimmed' to such an extent?

Even with FFP, I thought we had money?

We do have money.. But at the moment we have something like 50million debt to investors, and, when FFP comes in and you have debt after a certain time you will be fined for it... We need to reduce our arrears so that we are making a profit to start wiping that debt away.

As decent as Konchesky has been, and I mean decent (he was nothing more IMO) he is not somebody that is irreplaceable. If we got Nicky Shorey for example then I don't think we've done too bad out it.

I'm going to criticise Pearson for selling anyone at this moment in time, you need to assess the transfer dealings when the season begins. Then we can see whether players have replaced or not. It's clear that Pearson doesn't want to sign players until he has sold some, whether that is because of cost or just simply because he doesn't want to be stuck with these players after he's already brought new ones. Which is sensible.

One of the more outstanding players last season. If we'd sell him, I think it'd be a great loss to the club.

Always put in 110%, doesn't seem to be complaining when things aren't going the right way. A true professional and an example to everybody else (alongside Nugent and, to a lesser extent, Schmeichel).

Another decision that will prove very unpopular amongst the support if so, I am a Konchesky fan but...

As good as he is, there's no denying the fact he was almost ever-present in a pretty shoddy defence, I'm not blaming him but maybe there are little things he does that go un-noticed by us and noticed by Pearson, that do cost us.

Not that I'm criticising him, going forward he's excellent, and I'm not saying he's bad defensively but you can't rule out him making unspotted mistakes every now and then.

Add to that you've got him on at least £20k a week (don't try and tell me "U DNT NO THA FIGURZZZ M8" because there's simply no way he's on less), he's 31/32, I don't know, I'd be disappointed to see him go a lot more than Bamba, Mills or Peltier but if we can line up a younger replacement on less money who is good at this level (Pearson is more than capable of landing us this) then maybe it's for the best. Would be a shame though.

We do have money.. But at the moment we have something like 50million debt to investors, and, when FFP comes in and you have debt after a certain time you will be fined for it... We need to reduce our arrears so that we are making a profit to start wiping that debt away.

Sorry we don't have money and the sooner people realise this the better.

We have owners that are happy to lend us money @ 8% intrest.

They are not giving it to us just lending it as a bank would for financial gain. That is what the FFP is set up to stop so clubs like us don't join pompey.

We have nothing and if Top n co walk tomorrow we are finished.

Unless someone serriously rich comes in and happy to wave good bye 2 about 100Mill.

Why do you think the game plan is to hit the prem ASAP and once we do this long hall stay may then be short term n sell.

They would then get top dollar for us plus be getting 8% on the loans.

Also the 8% they charge the club means once paid back they got the club for nxt to nothing.

Archived