Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The exodus continues : Konchesky to QPR?

'arry is looking for a left-back and his limited imagination landed on Wayne Bridge who looks like he's going to Reading so it should be a matter of time before the twitchy one looks at Paul Konchesky.

:fc:

I would much rather have Wayne Bridge than "Konch".

Whilst he's not been as good this season as last, his fellow professionals rated him highly voting him in the top three players at the club - perhaps they are in a better position to judge than us. Nobody questioned Berner's lack of pace and I'd say Konch is very much of the same mould - he's astute defensively and does get up and down the flank pretty well.

I'd be happy for Konchesky to stay, seems to divide opinion hugely but shows himself to be a reliable if not spectacular performer.

I'm just concerned about his wages, surely he's well paid and I wonder if it may be worth replacing him for the sake of the club's finances.

I'm not fussed if Konchesky goes or not. He seems to be a mixed bag and I think Schlupp can definitely top him with a bit more experience. Let's face it, Konchesky isn't the player he was a few years ago and is getting older, slower and less reliable as the years go on. Don't get me wrong, he could do a job for us next year if we keep him but i'd rather get his wages off our bill this year and move forward with Schlupp from day one.

I personally think that Schlupp played better at LB than Konchesky did last season.

Apart from Forest at home, I thought Schlupp was shit at LB last season. I thought he and Wood look a good proposition up front and would prefer to see that blossom and us sign another LB.

Apart from Forest at home, I thought Schlupp was shit at LB last season. I thought he and Wood look a good proposition up front and would prefer to see that blossom and us sign another LB.

You might be right with that one....

If we struggle to get some of the old heads out like Wellens, Gallagher and it could be argued Konch too, then I wonder if Pearson would accept money for Nuge knowing that Schluup and Wood could potentially be a big handful for any team this year... Although I think Nuge has a lot to offer, he IS a pretty big earner and could command a fee that would , especially with Pearsons usual style of signing players stretch quite far...

I personally think that Schlupp played better at LB than Konchesky did last season.

Better? maybe.. Different.. definitely... and not in a bad way either. Good bit of pace and attacking strength in a full back is not a bad thing at all... I personally like an experienced defence... better platform for the midfield to do their thing!

Wouldn't be upset to see him leave for a million, considering his age and probably 20k+ wage.

Don't think he's been as bad as some have made out this season though.

Not much chance of getting a million for him is there?

I'd snatch their hand off for that.

Well I'm only saying that as it's in the OP......

And it is QPR after all.

That was last year though unfortunately when Sparky was in charge. 'Arry isn't suite as stupid as him.

That was last year though unfortunately when Sparky was in charge. 'Arry isn't suite as stupid as him.

I think he is. He was definitely looking to Wayne Bridge and Konchesky has a similar profile to Bridge.

Archived