Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

I think you should put wonder kids in spoiler tags or something. Some of us like finding them ourselves and it's hard to avoid them in topics like these.

The Dzagoev shout is a good one though.

I also reckon some people just use fmrte or similar and then post the best players up as if they've found them

I also reckon some people just use fmrte or similar and then post the best players up as if they've found them

I don't see the point in third party software for scouting, the game is thorough enough and there are guides all over the internet. I've never used RTE or Genie Scout and I've never understood the likes of DB11 who do. But as he points out, he's free to enjoy the game however he wishes.

There's ultimately no way to know for sure, the wider FM community is quite an incestuous one and most people know who the best players are within a few weeks of release.

That said, the best way to find hidden gems like Fierro pre-release is to keep your eye on FIFA and UEFA under 19 and 20 tournaments through blogs and football nerd sites throughout the year. Fierro and Ademilson both enjoyed good international youth success imminently before being created as wonderkids by SI.

Ademilson is also a pretty easy find if you're instantly scouting Brazil for under 19s which you should be in the first turn.

I tend to scout 10-15 Brazilian youngsters when i start a game, anyone of them that has 4-5 star ratings are usually good enough, so i keep an eye on them

Seriously, whoever sets the PAs for Brazil and France is ridiculously generous. Ridiculous amount of future world class talents in both.

Every year there's a Sanogo, Niang, Ongenda, Saivet, etc. The lad at Lyon this year whose name escapes me looks like he could be one of the best players in the game if you can afford him in season one. Yassine something.

My scouts hearts basically stopped. Shame I don't have twenty odd mill without flogging Gotze.

What the **** have they done to training? It's nice being able to hire staff for more specific roles but training itself seems very dumbed down. Am I missing something obvious or have they ridiculously simplified training schedules?

It looks like you just tell it what role you want the player in and it assumes attribute levels for you. Not keen on that, is there a screen somewhere I've overlooked?

Good to have more feedback but not at the cost of input.

Started as Dortmund which is a buck in trend for me because I rarely play with a club that starts as a favourite but I wanted to have Reus, Gotze and Lewandowski and I figured it'd give me a chance to sign a few good wonderkids.

Little did I realize I'd get a 2.8m budget. Still, I've managed to squeeze Kara Mbodj out of it as well as two big, big tips for this season - Ademilson from Sao Paolo and Oskar Hiljemark who looks a stunning prospect.

Heads up to all, by the way, Alan Dzagoev starts the game with an expiring contract. If CSKA don't tie him down by July you can pick up one of the best free signings you'll find on this version.

Training was a mess in the last game, players just moaned constantly and it got very annoying

Training was a mess in the last game, players just moaned constantly and it got very annoying

Players only moaned if you didn't take the time to address why they were moaning. I accept feedback was always poor, so a more evolved training screen is nice.

But they seem to have taken away customization and simplified it.

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING, OZ.

Just found Viktor Fischer in Ajax' squad and signed him up, my head scout (19/19) loving the look of him and I agree. Similar attribute spread to Ongenda and Fierro last year but with a few extra points here and there to offset his age compared to theirs.

Stuck him in to a Google search and seems to be a fair bit of buzz around him (in real life, that is, not the FM community - all quiet on that front currently) - know much about him, Shen?

lol lol lol it is absolutely amazing how many times the following has happened to me over the years playing this game.

<Winning by a goal with five minutes to go>

"... ugh, I should probably put time wasting on."

"... ugh... I can't be arsed..."

"... oh it'll be fine, these are crap."

"..... FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!"

lol lol lol it is absolutely amazing how many times the following has happened to me over the years playing this game.

<Winning by a goal with five minutes to go>

"... ugh, I should probably put time wasting on."

"... ugh... I can't be arsed..."

"... oh it'll be fine, these are crap."

"..... FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!"

I can Defiantly relate to this!! soo F**king annoying! lol

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING, OZ.

Just found Viktor Fischer in Ajax' squad and signed him up, my head scout (19/19) loving the look of him and I agree. Similar attribute spread to Ongenda and Fierro last year but with a few extra points here and there to offset his age compared to theirs.

Stuck him in to a Google search and seems to be a fair bit of buzz around him (in real life, that is, not the FM community - all quiet on that front currently) - know much about him, Shen?

Yeah, he was already a talent in the last FM. Man City would regularly poach him even though he would hardly develop into anything noteworthy. Surprised you haven't heard of him before, considering your extensive knowledge of up and coming stars. He's been starring in the NextGen cup last season (Including a hattrick and a brace against Barcelona and Liverpool, I think) which prompted ambitious calls to include him in the senior squad despite him never even having appeared for the U21s. The videos of said performances have been put on 101greatgoals as well among others. He also starred in a pre-season friendly this season where Ajax tore apart Celtic and he just scored his first senior goal yesterday in the cup. He also played in the U17 World Cup last year where he scored against the Ivory Coast and was generally the team's standout performer. High hopes for this lad along with Lucas Andersen, who plays more or less the same position. Hopefully they'll get chances for the Ajax first XI soon :)

I know Lucas Andersen, I know a lad off another forum that's an AaB fan who's convinced he'll be a better prospect than Eriksen in a few years time but I suspect there's more than a pinch of bias there.

Seems like Ajax are hell bent on signing half your under 21s mind!

And I don't know if you're being glib but I'd not call trawling a few blogs and streaming a few U20 streams an 'extensive knowledge!'

Might get some sort of challenge for myself going where I try and win as many top leagues as possible on the game. I started as Anderlecht the other night, finished 2nd in the main season and then won the league in the retarded "Championship Play-off" league format they have. Club Brugge won the league outright and then finished 4th in the play off 10 game shoot out. I think they then went on to a play off final for the last European place and lost that :/)

I got bored of that quite easily so after just one season, I started a new game in the Czech Republic in Sparta Prague. Started that off quite well and the league looks like it's going to be a piece of piss. Hopefully gonna be able to make more of my chance in Europe than I did with Anderlecht too.

Might seem quite easy and obvious just picking the dominant team in the division but it's quite a fun challenge personally having to get to know players from countries i'm barely aware of

I know Lucas Andersen, I know a lad off another forum that's an AaB fan who's convinced he'll be a better prospect than Eriksen in a few years time but I suspect there's more than a pinch of bias there.

Seems like Ajax are hell bent on signing half your under 21s mind!

And I don't know if you're being glib but I'd not call trawling a few blogs and streaming a few U20 streams an 'extensive knowledge!'

Extensive might've been overstating it. Surprised nonetheless as he has been in the media quite a bit and was already a prospect in last year's version ;) And Lucas Andersen has looked fantastic for AaB, running rings around the best right backs in this country at the tender age of 17. He's a different type of player to Eriksen, but I'd be more than astonished if he turns out better.

Archived