Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

When Nigel was asked about more new signings on RL

I would expect a centre back and maybe a wide man - depending what tactics np is looking to employ - should be on the radar. Can see him using young players as back up in a number of positions like rb.

For me he needs to stop chasing Hull players, they wont sell to us unless the deal is a complete rip off.

I agree, although i can't believe for a second that he has no other targets in mind.

Plus the fact that just because the media are still linking us with Hull players doesn't mean that we're still after them

For me he needs to stop chasing Hull players, they wont sell to us unless the deal is a complete rip off.

We don't know that he is, Nigel hasn't said anything, Bruce has said he hasn't had any contact with Pearson, all we know is that a manager is being linked with his old players in the press, it's an easy story.

We don't know that he is, Nigel hasn't said anything, Bruce has said he hasn't had any contact with Pearson, all we know is that a manager is being linked with his old players in the press, it's an easy story.

Fire Smoke no without!

I think we all know there are 2/3 players there that he would snap up in a blink of an eye if the chance arose.

I fear he is holding out too long on that faint chance.

Do we actually know any bids have been made for their players this preseason, all bid rumours have been dismissed as incorrect by Hull so far.

Or he's had to wait for players to move on before bringing any more in. He'll have a list of players he wants, he's not gonna sit there pinning his hopes on them alone.

Or he's had to wait for players to move on before bringing any more in. He'll have a list of players he wants, he's not gonna sit there pinning his hopes on them alone.

While I am sure Walsh and Pearson have a target list, I would also wager at the top are 2/3 Hull players.

All I am saying is I hope he doesn't pin his hopes on them and miss out on other possibilities.

"Maybe" is a typical pearson answere. It basically means **** off and you'll find out when a deal is done. It means nothing. I expect NP has targets both outbound and inbound and I expect another two faces in and 2 to go. Pelts will be off and I expect 1 defender and 1 midfielder in. Once Danns is back we'll have a decent midfield with the addition of one more (would have loved Danny Murphy).

Fire Smoke no without!

So you don't think a false story is possible? You don't think it's possible for a paper to make up a transfer rumour to fill the back pages?

I think we all know there are 2/3 players there that he would snap up in a blink of an eye if the chance arose.

Every manager should have a list of targets, with their favourites at the top.

Have no fear! As far as we know, that problem is imaginary!

While I am sure Walsh and Pearson have a target list, I would also wager at the top are 2/3 Hull players.

All I am saying is I hope he doesn't pin his hopes on them and miss out on other possibilities.

What makes you think they won't realise it's a possibility they could miss out? They will be keeping an eye on plenty of other players as well as their top targets.

I've heard if they haven't already left Hull and their not a fringe player, they will be staying put unless a ridiculous offer is made that can't be turned down, also no offer had been made since Bruce's arrival, not to say there wasn't anything before.

This info is just from someone I know who has some connections to Hull, I know it's not much but they never really say much as they know I'm likely to tell everyone :P

"Maybe" just means "**** off, I'm an arrogant tw*t that doesn't care that fans are interested in what's going on - it's nothing to do with them, it's my business and noone else's - i don't owe them entertainment, they'll pay their money like they always do because they are stupid".

Or it may mean that he doesn't know.

"Maybe" just means "**** off, I'm an arrogant tw*t that doesn't care that fans are interested in what's going on - it's nothing to do with them, it's my business and noone else's - i don't owe them entertainment, they'll pay their money like they always do because they are stupid".

Great post - like it !

I've got to be completely honest. I'm worried, really worried. NP is not filling me with any confidence and I feel we may struggle to get into the play-offs again. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

Why is everyone panicking? Just because np prefers to do his business privately and quietly rather than the way sven did it doesn't mean there is any crisis. Our season will come down to whether he can get a cb to work alongside Morgan and whether James and drinkwater can form an effective unit capable of running the midfield. If they can, we'll be there or there abouts. I think we'll be fine.

Great post - like it !

I've got to be completely honest. I'm worried, really worried. NP is not filling me with any confidence and I feel we may struggle to get into the play-offs again. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

Jesus Christ, the ****** are out in force today aren't they?

You're right - NP doesn't owe you a single thing. He's paid to manage the football club and to secure his top targets he has to play his cards close to his chest, if he came out and named them all in the papers, their value and wages would go straight through the roof. He's be doing a piss poor job if he did that. Morons. Let him get on with his job.

Prat.

Jesus Christ, the ****** are out in force today aren't they?

You're right - NP doesn't owe you a single thing. He's paid to manage the football club and to secure his top targets he has to play his cards close to his chest, if he came out and named them all in the papers, their value and wages would go straight through the roof. He's be doing a piss poor job if he did that. Morons. Let him get on with his job.

Yes, both a "disabled" and a "moron" clearly the humour went over your head. You however are clearly an articulate and intelligent valuable addition to any forum with such rational and non-confrontational repartee.

At what point did me expressing my point, that his arrogance makes following LCFC less entertaining, stop him doing his job???

Archived