Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

When Nigel was asked about more new signings on RL

No, I'm not concerned, but slightly excited now. He doesn't reveal much, we all know that, but 'maybe' is better than a 'no'. Then again, he isn't exactly going to say 'well we want him, him and him', is he?

I'd rather he said that.

If he'd said "we're looking for a lot of players", you'd have thread after thread asking where they are in a few weeks.

Just see what happens. Pearson will have plans and you should know he's not someone who does his talking in the public domain.

What positions does everyone think we need to strengthen in remembering too many players can spoil a team and bring problems.

I don't think we'll be looking at a striker as we have Nugent, Beckford, Vardy (Although I think he'll play out wide quite often), Waggy & Schlupp (I don't see why we'd send both these out on loan as both can be match winners from a bench of 7 subs to bring in another player to sit on the bench in their place) we also have Panayiotou breaking through at a young age.

Midfield looks complete with Danns, Marshall, King, Wellens, James, Gally, & Drinkwater but a little lightweight so I like to see us maybe sign a hard working experienced defensive midfielder.

The defence looks set although we could definitely do with another CB. This might prove a problem as if were still in the market for Chester I'm sure SSL goes to the bench which imo he won't like as he'll want to be playing every week and could then want to leave which would put us back in the same boat were in now, short of a CB.

Just my opinion

What positions does everyone think we need to strengthen in remembering too many players can spoil a team and bring problems.

I don't think we'll be looking at a striker as we have Nugent, Beckford, Vardy (Although I think he'll play out wide quite often), Waggy & Schlupp (I don't see why we'd send both these out on loan as both can be match winners from a bench of 7 subs to bring in another player to sit on the bench in their place) we also have Panayiotou breaking through at a young age.

Midfield looks complete with Danns, Marshall, King, Wellens, James, Gally, & Drinkwater but a little lightweight so I like to see us maybe sign a hard working experienced defensive midfielder.

The defence looks set although we could definitely do with another CB. This might prove a problem as if were still in the market for Chester I'm sure SSL goes to the bench which imo he won't like as he'll want to be playing every week and could then want to leave which would put us back in the same boat were in now, short of a CB.

Just my opinion

New right back - Peltier is going to leeds - unless richie de laets natural position is right back?

New centre half - Mills and Bamba gone

New pacey winger (that can actually cross a ball and play with both feet)- To replace Lloyd Dyer - Cameron Stewart?

Target Man - to replace Howard

anything i missed ? :P

New right back - Peltier is going to leeds

New centre half - Mills and Bamba gone

New pacey winger - To replace Lloyd Dyer - Cameron Stewart?

Target Man - to replace Howard

anything i missed ? :P

I think Marshall & Vardy will play on the wings quite often with Dyer and Gally as back ups?

is Vardy not an out and out striker that plays down the middle? did he not score all his goals for fleetwood in that position? will Nigel push him out wide like he did with Nugent?

who knows!

Maybe is exactly what he always says about transfers, changes to the team etc. Nothing to be concerned about. Anyone with half a brain knows we can't go into a season with just 2 central defenders so you can guarantee there'll be new signings

Maybe is exactly what he always says about transfers, changes to the team etc. Nothing to be concerned about. Anyone with half a brain knows we can't go into a season with just 2 central defenders so you can guarantee there'll be new signings

Vardy played wide of a front 3 for Fleetwood the times I saw him. Has a wicked cross on him. Quick feet to move the ball into a position to get the ball in. He's a bit like Nuge in the fact he likes to get the ball and run at players.

I am surprised to hear vardy can play out wide, his record would suggest he was a poacher!

Many of the goals I've seen him score were coming in from the wider positions, getting in behind last man etc. And not stood tapping them in from a few feet out.

Like this...

Archived