Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Animal rights

Excellent rebuttal, try your best to ignore the facts and make an irrelevant comment, still it usually works for you, go with it.

Well it seems to me you were implying that because we once treated other humans poorly, we will one day also realise the error of our ways with eating livestock.?

If not, what are you saying?

Well it seems to me you were implying that because we once treated other humans poorly, we will one day also realise the error of our ways with eating livestock.?

If not, what are you saying?

You are correct, That is what i was saying.

Guest MattP

People will never stop eating meat, it's a completely natural part of the food chain and to compare it to something like the Holocaust is lol

Oz when did you become a veggie? What put you onto it? What meats have you tried?

How do you intend stopping animals such as crocodiles and that eating us Oz if we stop eating them ?

After all, "respect is a 2 way street"

( book of jeremy the kylite chapter 3 ) :)

Also what is going to stop their numbers growing, if we stop hunting, killing and eating animals there will be more for the aggressive predators to feed on, their numbers will grow and just as many animals will die, then we will end up having to kill the predators to control their population and stop them taking our place as king of the jungle.

I didn't know I was the king of the jungle :o no fooker thought to tell me that before.

Where''s my jungle kingdom ?

It is a real proper title isn't it with all the money and wives and riches etc isn't it ?

not just some honorary title ?

Don't disappoint me now !!

I didn't know I was the king of the jungle :o no fooker thought to tell me that before.

It is a real proper title isn't it with all the money and wives and riches etc isn't it ?

Yes, you have lots of wives,

The-Sexy-Animals---.jpg

funny+sexy+animals+0.jpg

The-Sexy-Animals--.jpg

And here is your jungle money:

deerdrop.jpg

Edit: note to self, probably shouldn't search for sexy animals on my work laptop.

• Like 2

Also what is going to stop their numbers growing, if we stop hunting, killing and eating animals there will be more for the aggressive predators to feed on, their numbers will grow and just as many animals will die, then we will end up having to kill the predators to control their population and stop them taking our place as king of the jungle.

Most big predators number in the thousands (if they're lucky). We number an obscene 7 billion and rising fast.

They've got a bit of catching up to do

• Like 1

Most big predators number in the thousands (if they're lucky). We number an obscene 7 billion and rising fast.

They've got a bit of catching up to do

But that is thousands of lions, thousands of tigers and thousands of bears, oh my!

Not to mention sharks, crocs, hyenas, etc.

If Man evolve into vegitarians, we have to expect some species of animals to become extinct like farm animals. They will have outlived their usefulness. There will still be wild animals but others will mutate to adapt to conditions as they have done for millions of years. We may even adapt and change as more and more of us stop eating meat. We may grow rabbit teeth suitable for eating carrots.

It won't be for a while yet though.

If Man evolve into vegitarians, we have to expect some species of animals to become extinct like farm animals. They will have outlived their usefulness. There will still be wild animals but others will mutate to adapt to conditions as they have done for millions of years. We may even adapt and change as more and more of us stop eating meat. We may grow rabbit teeth suitable for eating carrots.

It won't be for a while yet though.

Esther Rantzen has had them for years

Been eating a lot more raw beef lately. Great taste, great texture. Tonight I'm gonna buy 500g mince and make a couple of massive burgers. Looking forward to fish and chips tomorrow, and I like to decorate my weekends with plenty of chicken wings and legs. I seriously can't understand why anyone would want to be vegetarian. Eating meat is one of life's great pleasures, and can even be a finer pleasure if your wife knows how to cook.

Guest MattP

Been eating a lot more raw beef lately. Great taste, great texture. Tonight I'm gonna buy 500g mince and make a couple of massive burgers. Looking forward to fish and chips tomorrow, and I like to decorate my weekends with plenty of chicken wings and legs. I seriously can't understand why anyone would want to be vegetarian. Eating meat is one of life's great pleasures, and can even be a finer pleasure if your wife knows how to cook.

:thumbup: Absolutely,this is why I'm intrigued to hear what meat the Veggies have actually tried? How can you eat a beautifully cooked Lamb Shank or a Beef joint and go veggie? It would be like shagging Jessica Alba and then deciding on celibacy.

Completely with you on the beef, whatever form its in it has to be rare, overcooked beef is a real sticky point for me, may as well eat charcoal.

:thumbup: Absolutely,this is why I'm intrigued to hear what meat the Veggies have actually tried? How can you eat a beautifully cooked Lamb Shank or a Beef joint and go veggie? It would be like shagging Jessica Alba and then deciding on celibacy.

Completely with you on the beef, whatever form its in it has to be rare, overcooked beef is a real sticky point for me, may as well eat charcoal.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought you should both get together for some sort of meatfest/sausage party.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought you should both get together for some sort of meatfest/sausage party.

Meatfest no problem, I only have sausage when there no other meat option.

From what we were told the other day beef in a lump you have to cook the outside to seal it. With mince all the bacteria is spread about so it has to be cooked well. The nasty bugs go to the middle and bottom.

A million bacteria can be found on a needle pin head.

How do you intend stopping animals such as crocodiles and that eating us Oz if we stop eating them ?

After all, "respect is a 2 way street"

( book of jeremy the kylite chapter 3 ) :)

OK Folks... a few to get through, so apologies if i bore you, I will seperate the quotes so as to not have one thats too long (thats what she said)

Re Mr Kyle, in the first instance i would suggest that the back stage area of Jeremy is entirely filled with crocs etc... think that would solve two problems :thumbup:

In truth, i think as the most dominant...and (as everyone seems so pleased to point out) intelligent, evolved creatures on the planet, i think we would be capable of working out how to manage the problem.

People will never stop eating meat, it's a completely natural part of the food chain and to compare it to something like the Holocaust is lol

Oz when did you become a veggie? What put you onto it? What meats have you tried?

You are entitled to your opinion, however there were people who believed the world was flat, or that slavery was reasonable, or that we would never get to the moon ( ;) ) so in my opinion, evolution will see a vegetarian human world. Infact it is not completely natural, we began eating meat during times when we were unable to obtain our usual food sources (fruit, nuts, vegetables) due to climatic conditions.

I became a veggie in the last 10 years or so.

I decided after seeing a number of reports and documentaries about our treatment of animals and the horrific abuse and then after researching realised that it was..not natural, not healthy and barbaric.

I was a meat eater for 30+ years, ive eaten many many meats, from the typical, to some of the "extreme/unusual" etc.

Comparing to the holocaust is quite reasonable, as ive stated, at that time people (some not all) believed that the Jews were of little or no value and that their extermination was no big deal. This is similar to how (some not all) people view the current abuse of animals.

Given our amazing superiority and world leading intellect, im sure if we put 1/10th of the money we spend on how to make fatter cows, or how to make chickens grow faster, then working out a way to manage our and other populations in a less barbaric fashion shouldnt prove to difficult...

oh and if one of the evil cows is charging toward you, its teeth bared, blood dripping from its lips its hoof curled around an assault rifle, with a murderous look in its eye... then i think its reasonable to defend onesself.

Your not fooling me Zing.... ive seen you down at the local woods, dancing around to "if i were king of the forest"... at least, i thought thats what you were doing?? ;)