Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

People calling to sell this bloke are mad

Our only recognised striker with quality would be nugent which is a risk for a promotion chasing team.

Vardy is unproven, waghorn can't shoot and Futacs is a hold up man not an out and out goalscorer..

Schlupp will go on loan.

Need to leave the strikers as it is an utilise them all depending on the opposition..

Don't you realise what is said on Foxestalk by posters is gospel? Scoring goals against lower league sides and in the cup don't count. Beckford is terrible and needs to be sold ASAP. :rolleyes:

Our only recognised striker with quality would be nugent which is a risk for a promotion chasing team.

Vardy is unproven, waghorn can't shoot and Futacs is a hold up man not an out and out goalscorer..

Schlupp will go on loan.

Need to leave the strikers as it is an utilise them all depending on the opposition..

:appl:

Exactly - Beckord and Nugent ARE out top strikers. With Beckford in the squad we have much more of a chance of scoring the goals we need.

Anyone seriously suggesting we offload Beckford must be mad or deluded. He is quality.

Bookies aren't stupid.

Anyone seriously suggesting we offload Beckford must be mad or deluded. He is quality.

He has done nothing to suggest he's any better than Nugent or Waghorn at this level, and his wages are no doubt insane.

Schlupp will go on loan.

Absolutely.

Little beckford is my favourite.

Less than ten miles to the racecourse! One of the last vilages you pass on the way, can't help but get a little excited when ever I drive through haha

At this level, as in the Championship, as in the division in which Waghorn has scored more goals than Beckford.

I must be losing it then, I,m sure Waggy has only scored 19 goals in his career of which 12 were in League 1 and Becks scored 9 league goals last seson for us? Must have missed a couple of waggy hat tricks

I must be losing it then, I,m sure Waggy has only scored 19 goals in his career of which 12 were in League 1 and Becks scored 9 league goals last seson for us? Must have missed a couple of waggy hat tricks

Either you're losing it, or you know as much about football as I thought you did.

Waggy didnt play in league 1 for us, he joined on loan the year after.

im sure NP realises that in Beckford (ok in the right mood) we have potentially the leagues top scorer, a view shared by the bookies who have him clear favourite to finish Championship top scorer Beks/Vardy/Nuge 123=prem

we have potentially the leagues top scorer

Wish people would stop saying this without a scrap of evidence or even a decent arguement for why they think that.

Wish people would stop saying this without a scrap of evidence or even a decent arguement for why they think that.

You're pissing in the wind Mark.

Beckford came to the club with people having made up their minds about how great he was going to be even before he joined.

Essentially he's had one season, playing alongside Becchio when he was literally scoring for fun. His record since has been poor (just look at his stats).

However, and here's the paradox, even I think he can bang em in if given exactly the right sort of service. This isn't really based upon how I've seen him play. Last season, apart from a couple of super performances (against Borough and Forest) he was pretty much pants. But sometimes with a player you get a gut feeling that he can really turn it on. I think many on the forum share that gut feeling. I hope I'm correct... Can so many on here really be wrong? I hope not and I think the first few games, if he plays of course, will indicate the season he has to come.

You're pissing in the wind Mark.

Beckford came to the club with people having made up their minds about how great he was going to be even before he joined.

Essentially he's had one season, playing alongside Becchio when he was literally scoring for fun. His record since has been poor (just look at his stats).

However, and here's the paradox, even I think he can bang em in if given exactly the right sort of service. This isn't really based upon how I've seen him play. Last season, apart from a couple of super performances (against Borough and Forest) he was pretty much pants. But sometimes with a player you get a gut feeling that he can really turn it on. I think many on the forum share that gut feeling. I hope I'm correct... Can so many on here really be wrong? I hope not and I think the first few games, if he plays of course, will indicate the season he has to come.

He is the only player last season to score more than one goal a match on 4 occasions so he that in his locker.

Can so many on here really be wrong?

They have been before :whistle:

I think Nugent can do what people expect of him 'with the right service', so could Vardy given his obvious ability as a finisher, so in my opinion could Fryatt. Beckford was brilliant in League One, so was Matty and people on here don't rate him. I could accept him as a decent/good Championship striker and want him to stay if his wages weren't so, frankly, worryingly high.

Happy Fox, we're talking about if he can do it in the Championship, half of the games you are talking about came in the cup one against League Two Swindon, and one against an awful Forest side who had a CM at CB.

Beckford did a brilliant job for Leeds in League One because they 'Played a style that suited him', but how many seasons did it take them to get out of the third division? I don't think playing a certain way just to accommodate one player is a sensible approach myself, and I certainly didn't see enough last season to be convinced he's a £30,000 a week striker. I'd love to share everyone's optimism and I hope I'm wrong (So long as he remains a Leicester player), obviously he'll get my support but I honestly think some people rate him so highly purely because of his reputation which came as a result of playing for Leeds (Lets face it Fryatt did just as well in League One and he didn't get a move to Everton) and partly as a result of it becoming popular to like players who don't work hard just because they score goals (Yakubu). That's fine if they do score goals at the rate he did, but Beckford didn't do either very well. :/

They have been before :whistle:

I think Nugent can do what people expect of him 'with the right service', so could Vardy given his obvious ability as a finisher, so in my opinion could Fryatt. Beckford was brilliant in League One, so was Matty and people on here don't rate him. I could accept him as a decent/good Championship striker and want him to stay if his wages weren't so, frankly, worryingly high.

Happy Fox, we're talking about if he can do it in the Championship, half of the games you are talking about came in the cup one against League Two Swindon, and one against an awful Forest side who had a CM at CB.

Beckford did a brilliant job for Leeds in League One because they 'Played a style that suited him', but how many seasons did it take them to get out of the third division? I don't think playing a certain way just to accommodate one player is a sensible approach myself, and I certainly didn't see enough last season to be convinced he's a £30,000 a week striker. I'd love to share everyone's optimism and I hope I'm wrong (So long as he remains a Leicester player), obviously he'll get my support but I honestly think some people rate him so highly purely because of his reputation which came as a result of playing for Leeds (Lets face it Fryatt did just as well in League One and he didn't get a move to Everton) and partly as a result of it becoming popular to like players who don't work hard just because they score goals (Yakubu). That's fine if they do score goals at the rate he did, but Beckford didn't do either very well. :/

We need to give him a chance 15 goals in your first season isn't bad, obviously he can do better and I believe he can with the right service and him believing in his own ability because he has it, obviously if all the fans show their support his confidence will grow.

We need to give him a chance 15 goals in your first season isn't bad.

I'm not being drawn into this debate again.

No doubt we did see some glimpses and as I said, he will get my full support as every Leicester player does if he starts next season, and as he did last season.

Archived