Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

I'm not sure it's a question of ability or attitude. he just doesn't seem to work in the team we have. we tried to cater to him towards the end of the season when we got those injuries and the team suffered because of it. i'd guess the wages are also an important factor. as long as NP has a suitable replacement lined up, i wouldn't be too heartbroken if he left. It seems as though NP doesn't know how to work with him. better to try and resolve the situation now than have another season like the last. although there is a part of me that wants to see how he'd perform in the team with a full pre season under NP.

I'm not sure it's a question of ability or attitude. he just doesn't seem to work in the team we have. we tried to cater to him towards the end of the season when we got those injuries and the team suffered because of it. i'd guess the wages are also an important factor. as long as NP has a suitable replacement lined up, i wouldn't be too heartbroken if he left. It seems as though NP doesn't know how to work with him. better to try and resolve the situation now than have another season like the last. although there is a part of me that wants to see how he'd perform in the team with a full pre season under NP.

Its not working for one reason only Mr Outfoxed , he aint trying & he dont give a shit ,

would be nice to trick another club into taking this waste of space off our hands

Fourth Official â€@FourthOfficial_

Jermaine Beckford has been told he can look for another club, no bids for the former Leeds striker yet though #LCFC

Fourth Official â€@FourthOfficial_

Reported at the end of last season Leeds are main contenders to resign Beckford, still monitoring the situation, still need to sell however

Honestly not fussed myself, never cared and still doesnt obviously. Didnt score enough and takes too high a wage packet. Love to see the consensus on what other think?

Sigh. I was so pleased when he signed, but it's never looked like working out. He's showed glimpses of being the complete striker at this level but sadly not often enough.

I hope this is just bollocks tbh, I'd only support him leaving if we used the money to buy a quality winger to replace Dyer. Otherwise, I think it's just rash and pointless. I'd hoped he'd be given the chance to start the season well and prove the point, he looked like he had turned the corner for a bit last season but tailed off a bit at the end.

He's very frustrating but I'm not sure we should be looking to lose someone with such match winning potential when we've brought in a lummox who was in a relegated side (presumably for his height alone) and a player who was playing in the conference at 25.

I think Nigel may have played his hand too quickly.

Doesn't appear to be a wind up. Stringer is tweeting it as well. Edit: so is Walshy

Because Stringer just takes stuff off twitter like most people.

If Waghorn is above Beckford in the pecking order then I despair. I think it's bollocks to be honest and hope it is too.

Well his first season here he scored 3 league goals more in less game time... Soooo.

Pearson really does appear to be Mr. Predictable.

You didn't have to Gypsy Rose Lee to predict this did ya.

For the record, I think Pearson, if true, is making an error. Jermaine was pants last season at times, but that gut feeling of him doing well if given the right service hasn't gone away.

This rumour seems to have some gravitas and I will be disappointed if beckford goes. I do like Nuggent but people see him with rose tinted specs and seem to view Beckford as Dr Evil. For the facts are that Beckford had a better record last season than Nuggent and since January looked stronger and scored more. even over the course of the season Nuggent scored 16 from 46 games of which 1 was as a sub. Beckford scored 15 from 37 of which 7 were as a sub. Beckford marginally better record if anything. The thing is that both players need a target man........... Enter Futacs! Would love to see these two working off Futacs. For those who think Waggy is the answer, well that lad can trap a ball further than I can kick it.

And how many points did those goals get us? The owners want promotion not cup quarter finals.

We aren't going to get consistency in performances if we sell players after one season despite scoring that amount of goals where is the continuity will the same oh the team needs to gel argument being blasted on the high terraces.

If the owners want promotion, well they better hope and pray that NP can deliver because I am not feeling confident with the squad atm.

Jermaine was treated quite shabbily too.

I just think Beckford is considerably better than Waghorn.

Thinking it isn't enough, he has never done anything to prove it whilst at Leicester and as he's on about 3x as much and is about 6 years older he really needed to hit the ground running and prove it pretty quickly.

Pearson really does appear to be Mr. Predictable.

You didn't have to Gypsy Rose Lee to predict this did ya.

For the record, I think Pearson, if true, is making an error. Jermaine was pants last season at times, but that gut feeling of him doing well if given the right service hasn't gone away.

I have to admit I did not see this coming Col. Reason being that I would of thought it would have been done a bit earlier. It was perhaps a case of hoping an offer came in before we listed him in an effort to get a better deal but it has surprised me none the less. I would love to know if it is primarily a financial decision or if it is a just football one by the manager. I don't suppose it really matters though.

I agree with that last sentence. I know he didn't do well enough but I always felt there was something there. It will be interesting to see if we bring in another striker as well.

If the owners want promotion, well they better hope and pray that NP can deliver because I am not feeling confident with the squad atm.

If they want promotion they should have appointed a manager who can manage players. Players who can make a difference. It just looks like we're going to be stuck with his cronies again.

Archived