Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

It has always seemed to be Beckford can be great - But it has to be on his terms and when he can be bothered to be great, but if he is told to do something (He can on occasions be stroppy and not do what is asked of him) also it seems he can be very lazy and not be bothered.

Unfortunately I think you can can on one hand how many time he has been bothered and really added a spark to the team, on a whole he has been poor.

I've always said it doesn't matter how good a player is or can be, Doesn't matter if they are the best player in the world, If they don't show it on a regular basis, consistently, can't be relied upon and don't want to be a club what's the point in having that player?

It's another big ego and arugably disruptive player out of the club, which can only be a good thing really, at times last season I wondered how detrimental Matt Mills and Jermaine Beckford were to the team, sprit, morale, e.t.c.

Beckford hasn't been given a chance though you could argue.

Argue that then, because I'm pretty sure that he was just given a full season playing regularly, he's on £30,000 a week and he's almost in his 30's, how much time can we give him to prove himself?

Thinking it isn't enough, he has never done anything to prove it whilst at Leicester and as he's on about 3x as much and is about 6 years older he really needed to hit the ground running and prove it pretty quickly.

Well he did score 15 goals in 44 games which places him 4 behind Martyn Waghorn's career total from 103 games and level with Nugent.

I don't accept that he is lazy or moody but if for arguments sake I do, I think 15 goals is bloody impressive for someone who doesn't give a shit.

Argue that then, because I'm pretty sure that he was just given a full season playing regularly, he's on £30,000 a week and he's almost in his 30's, how much time can we give him to prove himself?

How much time have we given Wellens, Dyer, Gallagher beyond mediocre championship players and we wonder why we aren't progressing.

How much time have we given Wellens, Dyer, Gallagher beyond mediocre championship players and we wonder why we aren't progressing.

I'm still not seeing much, 'Beckford didn't get a chance' argument.

If they want promotion they should have appointed a manager who can manage players. Players who can make a difference. Just looks like we're going to be stuck with his cronies again.

His cronies who he managed to 5th in the Championship?

God this year is going to be awful.

Wage wise he is on a similar wage to Nugent. Goals wise he scored the same (yes I know some don't count his cup goals). Career wise he's scored more goals, in less games than Nugent (again I recognise that many were at a 'lower level' than Nugent but by the same token he was more prolific at a higher level than Nugent when you examine goals to games).

I'd argue he's proved himself.

I'm still not seeing much, 'Beckford didn't get a chance' argument.

His cronies who he managed to 5th in the Championship?

God this year is going to be awful.

Because he didn't under this new team, we have Futacs now who would have been the perfect foil for Beckford and Nugent in a 4-4-2 as both of them have profited from playing with Target man throughout their careers. Wrong decision to get rid of Beckford imo.

I did think that Beckford and np were getting along! Well if Beckford joins Leeds he'll be in for a big shock with mr punch. Still think hell bang em in for us if he plays alongside Futacs and maybe bucks and nugget alternate.

Getting rid of Beckford isn't the solution, Pearson as nearly got rid of all of sven's signings, so expect Konchesky, St Ledger & Kasper could be leaving the club aswell! Pearson is starting to pis*s me off!

Yeah seeing as Sven's signings did amazing!

Konchesky, St Ledger, Nugent and Kasper are about the only decent signings made (Of the top of my head, may be a few more?), as you say NP has got rid of almost all of Sven's signings, coincidence?

:rolleyes:

I'm not slagging Beckford off and saying i'll be glad to see the back of him like I did Matt Mills because as I said Beckford can at times be a great, crucial player, but he needs to show a hell of alot more consistancy (Like many players from last season).

Getting rid of Beckford isn't the solution, Pearson as nearly got rid of all of sven's signings, so expect Konchesky, St Ledger & Kasper could be leaving the club aswell! Pearson is starting to pis*s me off!

Why would you want St Ledger to stay? He's Irish.

Well he did score 15 goals in 44 games which places him 4 behind Martyn Waghorn's career total from 103 games and level with Nugent.

I don't accept that he is lazy or moody but if for arguments sake I do, I think 15 goals is bloody impressive for someone who doesn't give a shit.

I never said he was lazy or moody, I just don't think he has been value for money, if you think 9 championship goals in a season is value for money then fine. But Waggy still has a better record than Beckford in the one year he got playing as regularly as Beckford up front and he isn't on £30,000 a week. I'd love to know why you think a player who scored 9 championship goals last season was worth £30,000 a week.

Frankly people who feel the need to add cup goals in the first place, are in my opinion clutching at straws when trying to argue he's good enough to be on those wages in the Championship.

Get that morale up in the dressing room. That joker mills has gone and now this wanabe ganster has also been told to feck off. 30k a week. What a joke

I'm no body-language expert, but he was laughing and joking with a lot of players and Pearson, making him seem quite popular. I'm not saying the players need him but I doubt they'd see it as a boost that he's left. There's a video on youtube of him and Danns laughing and dancing.

I thought you were for giving Becks another go Babs?

lol

If the manager sees fit for him to have another shot I am more than happy. I'm also happy if he decides to get rid. Why? Because its only a hunch that he might do better next year, but it's fact that he's been exceptionally poor value for money.

Because he didn't under this new team, we have Futacs now who would have been the perfect foil for Beckford and Nugent in a 4-4-2 as both of them have profited from playing with Target man throughout their careers. Wrong decision to get rid of Beckford imo.

I imagine Waggy and Vardy will benefit from that, they need to be given their opportunity as well. If Beckford had outperformed Nugent then he'd be the one getting the chance to play along Futacs, he has had an opportunity. If it was Fryatt in this situation you and all your other overly pro-Beckford buddies would be demanding we got rid of him, even though their records are very, very similar. (With Fryatt's being slightly better.)

Why would you want St Ledger to stay? He's Irish.

lol

Pearson is going to make enemies at this club! :unsure:

Are you ****ing kidding me? How on earth has Beckford done more for this club than Pearson?

If the manager sees fit for him to have another shot I am more than happy. I'm also happy if he decides to get rid. Why? Because its only a hunch that he might do better next year, but it's fact that he's been exceptionally poor value for money.

Ah!

ie you're doing your 'back the managerial decision whatever' thing again perhaps?

You should be in politics mate.

Or work at City?

What is YOUR view on Beckford mate? Yes or no?

It would be so refreshing to know.

lol

Ah!

ie you're doing your 'back the managerial decision whatever' thing again perhaps?

Or work at City?

lol

Are you doing your 'Even though I hated Beckford, now that he's leaving I'll say I didn't so that everyone will like me' thing?

I never said he was lazy or moody, I just don't think he has been value for money, if you think 9 championship goals in a season is value for money then fine. But Waggy still has a better record than Beckford in the one year he got playing as regularly as Beckford up front and he isn't on £30,000 a week. I'd love to know why you think a player who scored 9 championship goals last season was worth £30,000 a week.

Frankly people who feel the need to add cup goals in the first place, are in my opinion clutching at straws when trying to argue he's good enough to be on those wages in the Championship.

I wasn't aware I claimed that he was worth £30,000 a week. One could ask why you believe a striker with 5 goals in 41 games is worth £3m? After all that is the potential fee for Waghorn but I don't believe that is what you think. Quite frankly his weekly wage is imaterial as no one actually knows what he is earning, it's been guestimated and turned into fact.

What I am fairly certain of is that Beckford is a better striker/forward than Waghorn, Fuctas and Schlupp.

However one can only assume Nugent deliberately chose not to score that many in the cup as he was aware that folks would only clutch at straws and count them in his tally.

Ah!

Or work at City?

What is YOUR view on Beckford mate? Yes or no?

It would be so refreshing to know.

lol

No, because I gave my reasoning mr flip flop!!

Archived