Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

They have been before :whistle:

I think Nugent can do what people expect of him 'with the right service', so could Vardy given his obvious ability as a finisher, so in my opinion could Fryatt. Beckford was brilliant in League One, so was Matty and people on here don't rate him. I could accept him as a decent/good Championship striker and want him to stay if his wages weren't so, frankly, worryingly high.

Happy Fox, we're talking about if he can do it in the Championship, half of the games you are talking about came in the cup one against League Two Swindon, and one against an awful Forest side who had a CM at CB.

Beckford did a brilliant job for Leeds in League One because they 'Played a style that suited him', but how many seasons did it take them to get out of the third division? I don't think playing a certain way just to accommodate one player is a sensible approach myself, and I certainly didn't see enough last season to be convinced he's a £30,000 a week striker. I'd love to share everyone's optimism and I hope I'm wrong (So long as he remains a Leicester player), obviously he'll get my support but I honestly think some people rate him so highly purely because of his reputation which came as a result of playing for Leeds (Lets face it Fryatt did just as well in League One and he didn't get a move to Everton) and partly as a result of it becoming popular to like players who don't work hard just because they score goals (Yakubu). That's fine if they do score goals at the rate he did, but Beckford didn't do either very well. :/

Put it this way, if my 'gut feeling' is wrong and Beckford has another season like he did last, I'll hold my hands up.

However, will 75.11% of those who voted?

It'll be interesting. I'm a City fan, I'd love to see the bookies were right.

Why is the expectancy on Beckford so high it isn't as if we are relying on him solely it is a team game isn't it?

If your 2 strikers are scoring 30 goals between them and the midfield chips in that is good enough for promotion imo, scoring goals wasn't our downfall last season..

Mystery illness.. :whistle: tbf NP did say in his post match interview that JB may not make this game and he would be ready for Burton Albion.

No, it has to be something more sinister.

Can't take it at face value.

So NP is a liar now is he?

Cant believe how many c*nts we have trolling this forum.

If it was up to some people we'd have howard and hume up top based on effort and endeavour.

Get a grip - we have the perfect combo of strikers - if nugent or vardy got inured and we sold beckford could Waggy or Schlupp step up? Answers no I'm afraid.

Everyone creaming over Vardy aswell - dont get it, did 3.500 people turn away when he missed that 1 on 1 at HU? It was a terrible miss, and if Nugent had been selfish he wouldnt of scored the goal he did?

So blinkered it's unreal

So NP is a liar now is he?

Cant believe how many c*nts we have trolling this forum.

If it was up to some people we'd have howard and hume up top based on effort and endeavour.

Get a grip - we have the perfect combo of strikers - if nugent or vardy got inured and we sold beckford could Waggy or Schlupp step up? Answers no I'm afraid.

Everyone creaming over Vardy aswell - dont get it, did 3.500 people turn away when he missed that 1 on 1 at HU? It was a terrible miss, and if Nugent had been selfish he wouldnt of scored the goal he did?

So blinkered it's unreal

Here is a bit of this Blinkering...

Beckford is shite, 15 goals is shite he has to score 30 goals you betcha they have to be all league goals, cup goals don't count, doesn't run like a headless chicken, he is no Steeeve Howard who shows passsssshun to the extreme.

You're the bloke who thinks Waghorn's a superstar

No I'm not. I wouldn't even have him starting, as you would see if you checked the 'Formation for Next Season' thread. So stop talking out your arse.

I am a beckford fan - would damage our promotion potential if he goes to a club in same division.

NP has to deal with his own ego and play him, build the team around him and nugent and we'll be up - that simple.

We leaked silly goals last year and scored plenty, think we need to adress other area's and not single out players and try and foce them out the club

build the team around him and nugent and we'll be up - that simple.

Like we did last season?

NP has to deal with his own ego and play him

lol

He played him last season, and we have no reason to think he doesn't like him. Certainly it doesn't have anything to do with Nigel's ego, don't know what you're on about here TBH.

Let's make it simple...... :thumbup:

Option 1. Turn City into a swift passing side who get forward quickly and play Beckford in with sharp passes between the defenders.

Option 2. Let Beckford go and play our 'normal' game and try and improve in the areas that let us down so badly last season.

Much as I would love us to try the first option, it would take a whole bunch of new players, a massive change in attitude and intent and probably a new manager to even get started...... :P

More likely we will offload Beckford and NFP will continue to 'do his thing'..... :(

Nugent - Excellent forward but poor in the air and a tendency to run himself into the ground early on.

Beckford - Flashes of brilliance last year but can appear lazy and disinterested. Poor in the air and runs for passes which we don't/can't provide.

Futacs - Couldn't see much due to the sun on Tuesday but I would expect him to be a more mobile Steve Howard

Vardy - Massive pace and enthusiasm but a big step up to make and wasteful in front of goal on Tuesday.

Waghorn - Seriously gone backwards since signing permanently. I would not be confident with him started Championship games.

Schlupp - Pace and composure but still learning. Not a starter for me and may be loaned out.

Hopper - Not seen enough of him to judge but I doubt he is a starter.

Panioutou - One for the future and scored a legendary but fluky goal against Leeds. Not a starter this season.

The reason I speculated on him going to Leeds is because I fear him leaving. Maybe Person will sell him and has an able replacement up his sleeve but I doubt we will see any more strikers arriving.

Out of the above list, only the top four are starters for me. All have faults and different strengths and weaknesses but this gives us options. I don't know why some people put all their hopes on academy products with a lot to prove and dismiss an experienced player like Beckford. For me Vardy has more to prove than Beckford.

Hope he stays.

neil danns â€@dannzy1

Just doing the photoshoot for the away kit with @nuge101235 big wes and Kasper

I'm quite surprised he's not modelling any of our new kit, maybe his future is uncertain.

Neither is King, Waghorn, Gallagher their futures aren't uncertain.

Futacs -'couldnt see much for the sun'

Hes tall granted but not that tall

Serious point Logan had no cap first half not very thorough by the management.Top get pearson in the office for a word

I meant I couldn't see much of Futacs because of the sun! lol

On the cap for Conrad front, one of the coaching team ran round just after kickoff and gave him a cap. People in the crowd behind the goal were offering him their caps too. He wore it for 2 minutes then took it off again.

Good call Conrad. :rolleyes:

And

Exactly - Beckord and Nugent ARE out top strikers. With Beckford in the squad we have much more of a chance of scoring the goals we need.

Anyone seriously suggesting we offload Beckford must be mad or deluded. He is quality.

Bookies aren't stupid.

Are these the same bookies that had us as favourites to go up last season?

I do not think he is anything special and the excuses of a poor team around him do not hold weight with me. A quality striker will show more than the few glimpses JB did for us ...example Billy Sharpe when at v poor Doncaster Rovers side showed quality frequently. made space and scored for fun surrounded by no real quality .I do re-iterate though every player that pulls on our shirt I will fully support, never ever boo!

Archived