Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Whats worrying me is that NP seems to be buliding this team on players that are real brave hearts for example, morgan, drinkwater,whitbread,marko,vardy, im not saying thesae players are bad in any way but you wont go up if you dont have flair players as well we need a mixture and beckford is a flair player.

Guest ttfn

Whats worrying me is that NP seems to be buliding this team on players that are real brave hearts for example, morgan, drinkwater,whitbread,marko,vardy, im not saying thesae players are bad in any way but you wont go up if you dont have flair players as well we need a mixture and beckford is a flair player.

Marshall is a flair player. Gallagher is a flair player.

Marshall? Potentially James? Gally? And I doubt you've seen Futacs, Vardy or Whitbread that often.

Anyway half of the players you listed are CB's and those players you don't want to be unpredictable, or flair players.

Whitbread by all accounts is a footballing centre-back, Morgan seems to be able to pass it.

Get in a creative midfielder and we should be a better footballing team.

Peter Whittingham, Koren, Chris Burke, Buzacky their you go any one of them and we may do something this season.

Peter Whittingham, Koren, Chris Burke, Buzacky their you go any one of them and we may do something this season.

Or alternatively we could sign none of those unrealistic players, and we still may do something this season. We don't know that Matt James isn't the next Whittingham/Koren/Burke/Buzacky so lets wait until we've seen them in the League before we judge them. Please?

Says who? Where was it reported that we had to offer an insane amount of money?

Can we stop speculating over the weekly wages of players when we simply don't know. The only player in recent memory who had their wage disclosed was Sol Bamba (pre contract extension) when it emerged in court he earn't 2k a week. That's TWO THOUSAND POUNDS.

Beckford is on 35k basic salary

Bamba signed an improved contract which put him on a basic salary of 15k

Pearson has been given a budget from the owners and is simply freeing up cash so it can be used in other areas.

As soon as Becks and Peltier deal is done expect us to lodge bids on our main targets.

Don't be surprised if there are some loans from the Prem also.

Keep the faith guys

Beckford is on 35k basic salary

Bamba signed an improved contract which put him on a basic salary of 15k

Pearson has been given a budget from the owners and is simply freeing up cash so it can be used in other areas.

As soon as Becks and Peltier deal is done expect us to lodge bids on our main targets.

Don't be surprised if there are some loans from the Prem also.

Keep the faith guys

Sorry how do you know Beckford is on 35k a week?

Or alternatively we could sign none of those unrealistic players, and we still may do something this season. We don't know that Matt James isn't the next Whittingham/Koren/Burke/Buzacky so lets wait until we've seen them in the League before we judge them. Please?

How are they unrealistic? Koren is worth 500K, Busacky is a free agent, Burke has his valuation but Brum need money due to financial situation. Peter Whittingham is probably the most unrealistic but it isn't beyond us. Atm our squad isn't good enough for promotion with a LW of better quality and that playmaker imo.

How are they unrealistic? Koren is worth 500K, Busacky is a free agent, Burke has his valuation but Brum need money due to financial situation. Peter Whittingham is probably the most unrealistic but it isn't beyond us. Atm our squad isn't good enough for promotion with a LW of better quality and that playmaker imo.

We don't know Koren is available for that to a Championship club, Hull aren't keen, and a lot of their fans seem to think that he doesn't like Nigel enough to want to leave. Whittingham wouldn't come, Burke might not come. All would probably be on high wages. Not exactly the main issue I was talking about though.

I agree with you in terms of a LW (Or RW depending on what Nigel plans to do with Marshall), I just don't think it's fair to say we need a playmaker when we've signed a midfielder who you probably haven't seen play before.

I can't disclose that.....but it is true.

That's BASIC salary. Appearance/goal bonuses are additional.

He was on a very good contract at Everton as he was a bosman signing for them. Our offer needed to be as good as his Everton contract for him to drop down to Championship also.

People shouldn't be so naive to the fact that we were throwing silly amounts of money around last season on contracts and transfer fees.

The owners gambled on getting up in one season and it hasn't come off.

Seriously who cares if Beckford leaves. He's lazy and the strikers need to be putting effort in and defending up front aswell. Why do you think berbatov has been forced out at man united. The lazyness rubs off on the rest of the team. If he isn't putting effort in then why should everyone else. I reckon our strikers are good enough without beckford - no replacement needed. I think people forget how good a season Nugent had. And am happy with futacs/waghorn/vardy alternating. Schlupp not good enough for me yet. Send out on loan for a whole season.

Archived