Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Where will Leicester finish at the end of the season?

293 members have voted

1. 1. City's final position (before play-offs)

The squad is now starting to take shape and we have had a couple of pre-season friendlies, with some more to come. The start of the season is just 3 weeks off. However, after yesterday's game, some people seem to be all doom and gloom already, whilst some are remaining more optimistic. So I've decided to do another poll.

Given the squad that we have now, where do people think that City are going to be placed by the end of the 46 games.

As importantly, please state why you gave the answer you did.

I'll kick it off with 'just outside play-offs', because I think we'll be more organised, more disciplined and more 'together' this season, but may not have the quality to sneak into the play-offs.

I also think there are some pretty good teams in the division this year.

Vote if you want to, don't if you dont'.

CCF.

If we aren't signing a playmaker and a LW than Top 2 is out of the equation.

The squad at present is Top 10- playoff material so therefore just outside the playoffs at this moment in time, I am hoping NP addresses this issue and signs those players in those positions I alluded to.

Someone asked me this yesterday evening and I said 4th, his reply was "what 4th from bottom". To be fair to him that's just how difficult and evenly matched most teams in the league are but I thing we have the players to do well if we achieve a regular solid back four.

By the way I've never right with my predictions.

The squad at present is Top 10- playoff material so therefore just outside the playoffs at this moment in time, I am hoping NP addresses this issue and signs those players in those positions I alluded to.

Pretty much this and there being a lot of strong teams this season

15th. Like others have said unless we get that midfield player who can command that area then it will be some old same old for me. And that is why we are still in this division, if we had that player last season then things would have been different.

The squad is now starting to take shape and we have had a couple of pre-season friendlies, with some more to come. The start of the season is just 3 weeks off. However, after yesterday's game, some people seem to be all doom and gloom already, whilst some are remaining more optimistic. So I've decided to do another poll.

Given the squad that we have now, where do people think that City are going to be placed by the end of the 46 games.

As importantly, please state why you gave the answer you did.

I'll kick it off with 'just outside play-offs', because I think we'll be more organised, more disciplined and more 'together' this season, but may not have the quality to sneak into the play-offs.

I also think there are some pretty good teams in the division this year.

Vote if you want to, don't if you dont'.

CCF.

I would agree Col, I also think that the pressure will play a part. A few naff results and the pressure could become overwhelming for a few of the players. It was interesting to hear how disappointed Pearson sounded at yesterdays performance, echoing the same descriptions of last years team, in calling them lacklustre - except this is his own squad. I always felt that last year he was describing some of the players he got rid of, so it doesn't bode well if he is still being surprised by application of the current squad.

If anyone went to the friendlies, How did Matty James play?

Upper mid table...... :(

But them I am pretty fed up after yesterdays game. Not the result mind, more the fact that NFP does not appear to have learned a thing.

4-4-fooking-2 again, outnumbered and pressurised in midfield, so as usual we hoof.

Turned over by a newly promoted league 1 side, not a good look!

I think we will make the playoffs. I'm sure the defence will be better this season, and the team will be more organised.

Maybe the division is slightly tougher this season, but it wasn't the better teams that we struggled with last time. It could possibly work in our favour that there are fewer teams our players expect to walk all over. I doubt it myself, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think you better change your name mate

The latter of course

lol

I just think we are a couple of players short of being serious automatic promotion contenders. (left winger, playmaker)

If somebody offered you play-offs now would u take it or would you expect that as the bare minimum that we should achieve this season?

Just outside play-offs, I've been a City fan long enough to know not to expect too much!

Miserable sod

lol

I just think we are a couple of players short of being serious automatic promotion contenders. (left winger, playmaker)

If somebody offered you play-offs now would u take it or would you expect that as the bare minimum that we should achieve this season?

Miserable sod

lol

That's an easy one. If offered play offs now I'd definitely take it.

Regarding your couple of players off serious contenders, I've been saying this for weeks.

Depends on Pearson ( he always seems a stubborn sod) and money ( have we got any to spend?)

If money is available I'd push the boat out now and sign Spearing (if available) as the midfield stopper and Koren (as the playmaker).

Yes, we have many central midfielders, but these two are better than anything we currently have and could make a huge difference. Just pipe dreams though probably.

We'll be strong at home, it's away where the difference will be shown.

Currently we look a side that will finish outside the top six, but it's tough to really say after two friendlies.

I worry about us away from home and that's why, at the moment, I don't see us in the top six.

Archived