Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Where will Leicester finish at the end of the season?

293 members have voted

1. 1. City's final position (before play-offs)

Relegation scrap with Nigel 'what plan B?' Pearson in charge.

We can spend what we like and collect whoever we want, its going to be the same old chosen men, who haven't been good enough time and again, some of whom are now past it.

Edit:

...Nigel 'predictable, what plan B?' Pearson in charge.

mid table..

too many decent teams in the league..

NP seems to be looking at a hard working defensive team that wont let in many goals with a solid back 4 n kasper but to win you still need to score goals. cant see NP changing from his 4-4-2 and we not got the players for that.. if beckford does go also leave us even more less fire power.

Voted the same as I did last year, 'just outside play-offs'.

I don't think we are any better really than we were last season (which wasn't good enough), and I think the league will be much tougher this year. So I predict around 8th-10th.

can i just ask why do fans think the players that let us down badly last season will magic themselves into good players ? for instance --- gally friday was eating his dinner (at the club ) with a machete , fact ,cutting his beef as it was a bit tough , very funny hilarious ,players in bits laughing all part of the game ? beckford at preseason as commented on here (not serious , messing about) . the problem for me is ,that attitude is ok if we are winners but to me it tells me alot . they're here for a ride , and like at man city when they went through this bigtime charlie period , allegedly we have good players that in fact are jokers ! you lot can shout and tell me how good we are but the last two seasons have been a reality check ,nothings changed for me , we haven't got what it takes ! sorry ! i think we'll finish outside playoffs ,hope i'm wrong !

can i just ask why do fans think the players that let us down badly last season will magic themselves into good players ? for instance --- gally friday was eating his dinner (at the club ) with a machete , fact ,cutting his beef as it was a bit tough , very funny hilarious ,players in bits laughing all part of the game ? beckford at preseason as commented on here (not serious , messing about) . the problem for me is ,that attitude is ok if we are winners but to me it tells me alot . they're here for a ride , and like at man city when they went through this bigtime charlie period , allegedly we have good players that in fact are jokers ! you lot can shout and tell me how good we are but the last two seasons have been a reality check ,nothings changed for me , we haven't got what it takes ! sorry ! i think we'll finish outside playoffs ,hope i'm wrong !

A group of blokes having a laugh together... oooooooooh the scandal.

Have you ever had a laugh once at work in your life? Or do you sit there stone walling everyone so that you aren't distracted from whatever it is you do.

:rolleyes:

Talk about criticising people for any little thing.

Exactly, thankfully we are better than that otherwise we would have mentioned his lack of capital letter and terrible punctuation.

That's right.

Said after editing to cut out his own spelling mistake ;)

The general consensus seems to be we'll finish in the play off positions. my vote ended up in that category also.

I think we'll have a more balanced squad than last season as this one progresses and more harmony between management and players alike now that the egotistical members from last season, who ultimately flopped have gone (Mills and Boon!). We will hopefully become a setttled team in a fairly quick time like Reading were as a unit in the end last term.....although I think we'll miss Bamba at the back and Vassell as a back up attacking player. Those two being moved on were surprising negs in my opinion. Obviously none of us can foresee injuries that may happen to key players over the course of the season at this stage and there might even be one or two casualties in the pre season friendlies that still rmain, perish the thought. I'm confident of us finishing in the top six this coming season (as opposed to just hoping we'd "sneak" 6th place last season) and that the team and management alike will hopefully have learned more from last season's pretty disjointed time of it when finishing a respectable but ultimately disappointing 9th.

It's crystal ball gazing given that so much can change and often does at Leicester. But I'll join the spirit of the thing and say that while the team has the ability to reach the play offs I don't believe they'll win promotion. Fifth at best but 7th quite probably.

The reason is simple. I don't believe they have the right philosophy or the right ingredients as a team. Pearson has always been a cautious manager to me and, while I've hoped he might change, I see no signs of it.

Yes, Vardy/Nugent seem a potentially exciting strikeforce. But as a team I just don't see us pressing forward as a unit and getting numbers into the box consistently. Did we give more than two or three 90-minute efforts through all last season?

And where are the people who refuse to contemplate defeat and won't let their teammates entertain defeat either? The guys who would make a teammate weep sooner than put up with losing.

Think back to the last time you saw Leicester midfielders and full-backs really busting a gut to get into the penalty box and offer support. Not once in a while but all the time - yet we need that attitude and the goals that woud come with it.

When do you see half the Leicester team making selfless, off-the-ball runs to create space for colleagues.

When do you see Leicester players picking loose balls up on the edge of the box and queueing up to prey on any ball that flashes across the penalty area.

It's not about hoping to get there or hoping to get a break it's about being there and getting there the next time too.

The instinct to be ruthless can't be over-emphasised. From corners, from free-kicks, from loose balls out of defense, from individual errors we need to be alert enough to pounce on every opportunity.

But how many goals did our centre-backs and full-backs score last season? How many shots did they have? How many goals did we score from corners? How many goals did we create from free-kicks? Not nearly enough.

Will Pearson correct those failings and more I could mention? Hope springs eternal but where's the evidence?

here was it at the end of last season when, with nothing to lose, there was no risk toW having a go? We so rarely looked wholehearted nor did we show any indication that we knew what was wrong and were determined to work on the details of putting it right. The same failings showed time and again.

If we don't correct our failings it doesn't matter who we sign or what we pay em. All-for-one-and-one-for-all is the vital ingredient of any team set on winning a championship but we hardly ever moved back and forward as one unit last season. We were like separate bits of the same machine - disjointed, disorganised and uninspired.

If Pearson does tear his chains off and demand what's needed I'll be as loud in praising him as any. But there's so much he needs to do and so many minuses that must be changed to pluses.

tl;dr

Archived