Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Where will Leicester finish at the end of the season?

293 members have voted

1. 1. City's final position (before play-offs)

Midtable.

Pearson as much good as he's done for us in the past, he is still a predictable and boring manager. He favors a type of playing style and type of player that just isn't good enough to challenge for promotion. This hold what we have, keep it simple mentality won't really get us up to the top end of the table but i don't think it will put us in any real danger either. Also his inability to drop his favorites when they clearly hinder the team due to lack of form or whatever is frustrating (Gally, Wellens, King, Dyer being the main culprits.)

The activity this summer has been predictable Pearson. Solid yet unspectacular signings and the shipping out of talented yet temperamental players.

I think City will be lucky to break top half this season.

Ive got us down to finish top. Call me the optimist - but I had us down for 7th last year and was slated. Not claiming to be some psychic like.

I havent read every post but the general jist I am getting is - we will finish play-offs/just outside because we dont have player x,y or z and player a, b or c isnt good enough. For me, the squad is very important and probably determines the section of the league you will end up in - i.e. bottom half, mid table, top half but I think the manager makes the difference when it comes down to it.

I had Southampton down to finish second to WHU last year. This had got very little to do with the playing squad. It was the manager.

I know people complain about Pearson but that league one season and subsequent championship playoff season have shown me enough to say hes good enough to win the league with this group. Forget the standard of league one for a moment, and just look at how he got us into the habit of consistently winning, whether it be by 3 or 4 goals or by the skin of our teeth, we ground out results, both home and away. Granted Micky Adams was not exactly Mourinho and did the same in the championship . . and the argument would be the squad was THAT good the teletubbies could have got them promoted so my point in manager being the difference is weakened in that example.

You can see in Pearsons eyes when he has lost a game how personally he takes it. As stupid as it sounds the 5-1 defeat against Forest actually warmed me to him by the fact at how sick he sounded after the game and the battering we handed out in the return leg. I find like SAF you actually find that what sets them apart is how they react when they've lost a game rather than how they react when they have won.

Look at what has happened to our momentum since he left. With more a less the same squad Sousa had us bottom of the league.

If he can get that squad into 5th then I dont see how he cant go 4 places better with this team. I understand that he didnt do the business last season but I think there was alot more to sort out then we and himself realised. I trust Pearson more than I ever could with Sven. I have full faith in him and thats why I see us winning the league with him at the helm.

And as for the "boring" football I was very rarely bored in the last full season he had in charge. Lets just win and everything else will take care of itself.

So top two for me. I struggle to think of a good reason why not.

Ive got us down to finish top. Call me the optimist - but I had us down for 7th last year and was slated. Not claiming to be some psychic like.

I havent read every post but the general jist I am getting is - we will finish play-offs/just outside because we dont have player x,y or z and player a, b or c isnt good enough. For me, the squad is very important and probably determines the section of the league you will end up in - i.e. bottom half, mid table, top half but I think the manager makes the difference when it comes down to it.

I had Southampton down to finish second to WHU last year. This had got very little to do with the playing squad. It was the manager.

I know people complain about Pearson but that league one season and subsequent championship playoff season have shown me enough to say hes good enough to win the league with this group. Forget the standard of league one for a moment, and just look at how he got us into the habit of consistently winning, whether it be by 3 or 4 goals or by the skin of our teeth, we ground out results, both home and away. Granted Micky Adams was not exactly Mourinho and did the same in the championship . . and the argument would be the squad was THAT good the teletubbies could have got them promoted so my point in manager being the difference is weakened in that example.

You can see in Pearsons eyes when he has lost a game how personally he takes it. As stupid as it sounds the 5-1 defeat against Forest actually warmed me to him by the fact at how sick he sounded after the game and the battering we handed out in the return leg. I find like SAF you actually find that what sets them apart is how they react when they've lost a game rather than how they react when they have won.

Look at what has happened to our momentum since he left. With more a less the same squad Sousa had us bottom of the league.

If he can get that squad into 5th then I dont see how he cant go 4 places better with this team. I understand that he didnt do the business last season but I think there was alot more to sort out then we and himself realised. I trust Pearson more than I ever could with Sven. I have full faith in him and thats why I see us winning the league with him at the helm.

And as for the "boring" football I was very rarely bored in the last full season he had in charge. Lets just win and everything else will take care of itself.

You say Adams had a good squad, but I think the squad Pearson had in League 1 was far too good for that level of football

About eight or ninth hope we finish higher but lets be realistic. It'll be the same as last season have so many chances to gain on fifth and sixth place but we'll fail to do so.

Please prove me wrong Leicester!

The activity this summer has been predictable Pearson. Solid yet unspectacular signings and the shipping out of talented yet temperamental players.

That's ridiculous. Bamba and Mills both flattered to decieve and both were very average. St. Ledger earned a reprieve which suggests either Mills was stubborn or NP didn't think the situation was worth saving. Last season, we played some of the best teams off the park but were too inconsistent which would suggest the problem is pyschological. That's why I welcome the departure of the 'temperamental' (read: weak-minded) Matt Mills and the lazy, narcissistic Bamba.

You say Adams had a good squad, but I think the squad Pearson had in League 1 was far too good for that level of football

Yeah thats a fair point but then I think the same could be said of a host of managers who were managing the likes of Forest, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Charlton etc - and they didnt bounce straight back up top of the league.

Theres always an argument against though I agree I mean look what Holloway has done at Blackpool and how poor he did here. Some managers do badly at some places and others well at others but for me, I dont see a good reason to be negative about Pearson. Like I said I dont even find his game boring like 90% of others seem to.

Anyway I guess we'll find out.

Whilst I think automatic promotion is probably a little out of our reach, it's nice to see someone who isn't downbeat about our chances like most on here seem to be. Pearson has a great track record in the Championship, and that's generally with clubs who have a fraction of the amount we have to spend. I think he has the potential to be a really good Premier League manager one day, and like you I personally enjoyed the football we played under him first time round.

Whilst I think automatic promotion is probably a little out of our reach, it's nice to see someone who isn't downbeat about our chances like most on here seem to be. Pearson has a great track record in the Championship, and that's generally with clubs who have a fraction of the amount we have to spend. I think he has the potential to be a really good Premier League manager one day, and like you I personally enjoyed the football we played under him first time round.

how many teams has he took up ?

I've voted midtable but I'm really not at all certain and we could just as easily finish higher or lower. There are a lot of things that concern me though and I really don't see a top two finish as being at all likely at the moment.

We have so many unanswered questions. Two of our summer signings have had a dodgy injury history of late. Personally I think a lot depends on us not conceding as we don't have enough attacking/creative options in midfield as the squad stands at the moment. I'm far from convinced that either Morgan or SSL are anywhere near good enough to get us out of this league. I don't see that we have addressed the midfield problems where we are frankly big on numbers but low on quality. Marshall looked good but at the moment he has that novelty value where other teams have not worked him out. When they do and they will the question will be whether he has enough extra quality to stay ahead of the game and here I'm not sure. The main issues for me with the midfield are ball retention and movement off the ball. Last season we were poor at both and unless we sort them out we won't be going up.

The strikers are also an enigma. Nugent is relibale but no one on here knows which Beckford will turn up or even if he will still be here. Vardy remains a gamble at this stage though he may well turn out to be a great signing. Otherwise I don't see our strikers contributing many goals.

However, as anyone who watched the transformation under Brian Little will testify anything can happen though I think the game has moved on since then and though big blokes with big hearts can get you so far the sides that tend to go up have a nucleus of players who could hold their own in the premier league and are in sides who play with pace and quality and who tend to score a lot of goals. Do we have these attributes or even a manger who can deliver them? At the moment the jury is well and truly out for me.

Archived