Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Where will Leicester finish at the end of the season?

293 members have voted

1. 1. City's final position (before play-offs)

Bottom half. Our squad is poor and the players that have come in add very little in terms of quality. Another miserable frustrating season awaits. Great job Nige.

Oh god... the season hasn't even started yet, how the hell can you criticise Pearson's performance yet? Because he hasn't bought Messi?

I've voted midtable but I'm really not at all certain and we could just as easily finish higher or lower. There are a lot of things that concern me though and I really don't see a top two finish as being at all likely at the moment.

We have so many unanswered questions. Two of our summer signings have had a dodgy injury history of late. Personally I think a lot depends on us not conceding as we don't have enough attacking/creative options in midfield as the squad stands at the moment. I'm far from convinced that either Morgan or SSL are anywhere near good enough to get us out of this league. I don't see that we have addressed the midfield problems where we are frankly big on numbers but low on quality. Marshall looked good but at the moment he has that novelty value where other teams have not worked him out. When they do and they will the question will be whether he has enough extra quality to stay ahead of the game and here I'm not sure. The main issues for me with the midfield are ball retention and movement off the ball. Last season we were poor at both and unless we sort them out we won't be going up.

The strikers are also an enigma. Nugent is relibale but no one on here knows which Beckford will turn up or even if he will still be here. Vardy remains a gamble at this stage though he may well turn out to be a great signing. Otherwise I don't see our strikers contributing many goals.

However, as anyone who watched the transformation under Brian Little will testify anything can happen though I think the game has moved on since then and though big blokes with big hearts can get you so far the sides that tend to go up have a nucleus of players who could hold their own in the premier league and are in sides who play with pace and quality and who tend to score a lot of goals. Do we have these attributes or even a manger who can deliver them? At the moment the jury is well and truly out for me.

A well written argument rather than just - we're rubbish and so is Pearson.

I often make predictions of the future based on past experience and although this is not always accurate I would argue that there have been a high number of teams that have got promoted recenty who I would not say have a " nucleus of players who could hold their own in the premier league". . . . well, on paper. Look at sides like Norwich, Swansea, Reading, Stoke, Blackpool, Southampton . . . I would have taken our squad over any of theirs at the beginning of last season, but in the end it counted for litte.

I am actually quite excited about our attacking options. Waghorn was superb under Pearson last time and Futacs will be useful when we are struggling to break sides down. I know i'll get slated for this but I also see Gallagher having a good season. Add to that Matty James, Danns, King, Drinkwater and Marshall and I think we have the potential to create a fair few opportunities. I' like to see a new LM, RB and possibly a CB but I still think we have enough quality.

A well written argument rather than just - we're rubbish and so is Pearson.

I often make predictions of the future based on past experience and although this is not always accurate I would argue that there have been a high number of teams that have got promoted recenty who I would not say have a " nucleus of players who could hold their own in the premier league". . . . well, on paper. Look at sides like Norwich, Swansea, Reading, Stoke, Blackpool, Southampton . . . I would have taken our squad over any of theirs at the beginning of last season, but in the end it counted for litte.

I am actually quite excited about our attacking options. Waghorn was superb under Pearson last time and Futacs will be useful when we are struggling to break sides down. I know i'll get slated for this but I also see Gallagher having a good season. Add to that Matty James, Danns, King, Drinkwater and Marshall and I think we have the potential to create a fair few opportunities. I' like to see a new LM, RB and possibly a CB but I still think we have enough quality.

Well said.

I think Gallagher, King and Dyer are potential game winners even if they are not necessarily first choice. All three could have a big part play. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gally score the winner in the playoff final. Players who can score goals from the bench can be a massive help.

I have a good feeling about this season!

A good start to the campaign will shut all the moaners up and then hopefully we can kick on from there.

Top 2 for me, slightly optomistic I know! ;):scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

:pearson:

I voted in the play offs. Might be a bit optomistic but I do believe in Nige. As long as we get off to a decent start (although Reading didn't at all), I believe we have a chance of taking a lot of points in the first two months then why not?

A new season with some new faces, some old faces getting over injuries, based on two friendly matches I have absolutely no idea where we are going to finish, I know where I would like the team to finish the season but in sixty years Ive never yet managed to predict what time I would get to the stadium never mind the score or our league position - but I want to finish in the top 2.

Well said.

I think Gallagher, King and Dyer are potential game winners even if they are not necessarily first choice. All three could have a big part play. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gally score the winner in the playoff final. Players who can score goals from the bench can be a massive help.

imo Gally and King are not good impact players they have good games few and far between lately and neither of them are the type of player to come off the bench and stamp their authority on the game and make an impact. Dyer on the other hand is an excellent option to have on the bench because if you have someone as fast as him running at you for the last 20-25 minutes mistakes are going to be made and opportunities made.

I think we will finish at least 6th now we have options down either flank with the addition of the French guy.

Pace people. All of a sudden we seem to have it in abundance in an attacking sense.

Optimistic. It's the only way...

Good man.

Why dont you push the optimism that little but further and join us in the top two club? You know you want to.

• 6 months later...

Who's complaining?

Thanks for the recap...

I didn't mean you Col, I meant all those who predicted we'd finish outside the play offs and are now moaning that we've lost a couple of matches and dropped out of second place. Moaning about a team that is performing above their own pre-season expectations and has their destiny in their own hands at the moment is a bit ridiculous. Of course, some of the performances could have been better, especially away but on the whole we are doing better than most of us thought and I think people should remember what their expectations were and look at the season as a whole before having a rant about how poor we are and how inept Pearson is.

I didn't mean you Col, I meant all those who predicted we'd finish outside the play offs and are now moaning that we've lost a couple of matches and dropped out of second place. Moaning about a team that is performing above their own pre-season expectations and has their destiny in their own hands at the moment is a bit ridiculous. Of course, some of the performances could have been better, especially away but on the whole we are doing better than most of us thought and I think people should remember what their expectations were and look at the season as a whole before having a rant about how poor we are and how inept Pearson is.

Cheers but, to be fair, I predicted 7th at the start..

Most of the participants said playoffs, a few said 2nd and most of the remainder said unsure, so where your rant was aimed remains unclear!

No way are we going up this coming season. Pearson has recruited youngsters en mass, and that is a MASSIVE mistake, but exactly what I expected from such a pathetic so called manager.

ANYONE, who can state on this site that we will be in the Premiership following this season, is a brain dead pillock.

Under this donkey, we will get nowhere. :nono:

What a willy puller

Archived