Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Anthony Knockaert

The logic in this thread is hilarious. If Drogba played for that club it must mean Knockaert is equally as good. That's like saying whoever bought Kevin Pressman off us must have thought they were getting a keeper of equal quality to Gordon Banks.

14 pages of complete bumwash. None of you have the slightest fcuking idea who this player is or how good/rubbish he might be. So less of the "I'm so excited I might cream my pants".

what he said :blush:

Never praised the signing I merely said it was unpredictable. Pearsons never really signed a 'flair' player he always signs solid dependable type players, nothing to do with him being from a non-english league so I don't know where you got that from.

I see from calling me pathetic you have issue with other peoples opinions so let me clarify my stance. Pearson in the past has proven that with these 'flair' type players he has little patience for them, Max Gradel being the best example probably one of the most talented players we've developed in recent years but he was too attack minded for old Nige so he got shipped off to Leeds and was absolutely outstanding and we missed out. My point is Pearson doesn't like players that don't put their defensive shift in and this guy has all the attributes of a player that will be a fantastic attack minded player but won't put in the best defensive shifts and well you know Pearsons stance on that.

I might be being a little silly but its been the same old story with Pearson since he's been in charge.

What constitutes a flair player? From what I can work out from people's definitions is that it means someone who doesn't track back but has skill.

Are Koren and Stewart flair? Is Marshall flair? Is Dyer flair without a final ball? Or aren't they because they actually put a shift in as well?

Gradel was a kid, he took quite some time to get into the starting 11 at Leeds and it was a few years down the line before he produced his consistent form. He wasn't that player when we were sat 4th in the league.

Rumours circulating we've paid 4 million euros for him.

doubt it, if their valuation in jan was 3-4 mill.

they're saying 3 years on the radio. but alan young has "never heard of him" and the ligue 1 "isn't too clever" so he must be shit.

What constitutes a flair player? From what I can work out from people's definitions is that it means someone who doesn't track back but has skill.

Are Koren and Stewart flair? Is Marshall flair? Is Dyer flair without a final ball? Or aren't they because they actually put a shift in as well?

Gradel was a kid, he took quite some time to get into the starting 11 at Leeds and it was a few years down the line before he produced his consistent form. He wasn't that player when we were sat 4th in the league.

Quite right.

Spain and Barcelona are full of flair players but chase the ball like a pack of wolves when they lose it. Flair shouldn't be an excuse to be a lazy cnut.

I put it in quote marks because that's what most people seem to definite it on here as yes, a skillful attacking player that prefers to stay forward and fashion out attacking moves rather than running up and down tracking and defending.

I'd count Marshall and Stewart as more 'rounded' wingers. They track back to an extent and get forward to support/assist but they are not as attack minded as Gradel and what I presume this guy to be. Yes is a presumption but his goal record speaks for itself you don't get that many goals tracking back all the time. Korens a center midfielder so he has to track back its a given and well Dyer is an attack minded player more so than most of Pearsons players but I feel he's tolerated due to lack of other options in that area of the pitch.

As for Gradel being a kid. It doesn't matter everyone could see the potential the lad had he was an asset and someone else benefited because of Pearsons mentality of having 11 players running into the ground working hard. Sure it has its merits but the best teams always have 1 or 2 players that are on the pitch for the sole reason of causing mayhem in the oppositions half.

Archived