Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Squad Numbers Confirmed

Drinkwater having 4 is an interesting one, quite like it actually.

Vardy number 9, normally your main forward or target man's number, I was expecting that to go to Futacs whilst he has 33.

Knockaert will be 24. He's 24 at Guingamp and that's ironically the lowest number we've not handed out.

To be honest they're no big deal but you can't help but read into things when looking at them, for example Gallagher losing his number 7 shirt to Marshall.

Drinkwater having 4 is an interesting one, quite like it actually.

Vardy number 9, normally your main forward or target man's number, I was expecting that to go to Futacs whilst he has 33.

Knockaert will be 24. He's 24 at Guingamp and that's ironically the lowest number we've not handed out.

To be honest they're no big deal but you can't help but read into things when looking at them, for example Gallagher losing his number 7 shirt to Marshall.

I usually agree with you but its pretty rare that a player gets his number replaced, I think its a pretty strong message from Nige to say what his thinking is regarding selection.

I usually agree with you but its pretty rare that a player gets his number replaced, I think its a pretty strong message from Nige to say what his thinking is regarding selection.

Well that's what I mean. You generally see the more iconic numbers like the first 11 ones handed out to regulars, so for Gallagher to almost be demoted to 17 says something.

Love Marshall having 7 though, love Marshall full stop actually, what a class act.

If numbers are to go by. potential team then of Schmeichel, De laet, morgan, whitbread, konchesky, marshall, danns, drinkwater, dyer, nugent, vardy. In a 4-4-2. Maybe? Quite a strong team, lots of pace. looking forward to seeing Vardy play in the championship. Dont quite know if strong enough for promotion though with blackburn bolton and wolves having strong squads at the moment.

I wonder what the process is? Clearly players are able to pick ones they would like but if two or more want the same number is it just simply handed out by the manager?

Gallagher must be pretty pissed off, I know I would be, the message it sends out is undeniable.

Archived