Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Trouble in Lincoln? Probably Not!

The game was called off because some Forest fans heard about it and planned to go to Lincoln and cause some trouble.

The police heard about it and advised the teams to call it off because a large contingent of Lincolnshire Constabulary is helping out with the Olympics and they haven't got the resources to fully police the game.

It's no fault of lcfc or its fans.

End of conversation.

The game was called off because some Forest fans heard about it and planned to go to Lincoln and cause some trouble.

The police heard about it and advised the teams to call it off because a large contingent of Lincolnshire Constabulary is helping out with the Olympics and they haven't got the resources to fully police the game.

End of conversation.

And how do you know this?

Just got back from watching the Carrebean Carnival Parade. Not a hint of trouble and those taking part were non-white as well as white and other nationalities. This will come as a surprise to some on here.

Anyway turned the radio on for the match and just got music. Thought I had missed the first half.

Why cause trouble at a friendly? That stuffs us now for the season. Every away game involving City will be classed as high risk and the genione fans will suffer Our fans will be branded the bad boys before the season kicks off. Troublemakers at other clubs will see iy as a chance to cause trouble and sit back whille Leicester fans are blamed.

I just do not understand the mentality of these people. Would any of them like to come on here and defend their actions because I am curious as to how they are going to do it.

Just got back from watching the Carrebean Carnival Parade. Not a hint of trouble and those taking part were non-white as well as white and other nationalities. This will come as a surprise to some on here.

Anyway turned the radio on for the match and just got music. Thought I had missed the first half.

Why cause trouble at a friendly? That stuffs us now for the season. Every away game involving City will be classed as high risk and the genione fans will suffer Our fans will be branded the bad boys before the season kicks off. Troublemakers at other clubs will see iy as a chance to cause trouble and sit back whille Leicester fans are blamed.

I just do not understand the mentality of these people. Would any of them like to come on here and defend their actions because I am curious as to how they are going to do it.

They'd just call you ****** and shirters.

I think you have misunderstood . The friendly was called of last night through fear of trouble that as not even taken place yet .

I think you have misunderstood . The friendly was called of last night through fear of trouble that as not even taken place yet .

Sorry. Only read odd posts. Didn't realise it was called off last night. Is the information reliable that they have and not somebody doing it for a 'joke' ? Seems strange for a group to be planning trouble at a game where they will be easily spotted.

Lincolnshire Police have deployed a "robust police presence" in Lincoln city centre.

Lincoln City Football Club was due to play at home against Leicester City in a friendly fixture today.

But the match was cancelled after police received intelligence suggesting it may be disrupted by people travelling to Lincoln with the intention of causing serious disorder in the city.

Despite this, a number of football fans have still arrived unaware of the cancellation.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said that there had been no major incidents and the police presence was a "precautionary measure".

When the match was cancelled, chief inspector Kieran English said: "We understand that fans will be disappointed but it is a friendly fixture rather than a league game and our primary concern is the safety and welfare of the general public.

"We have carefully assessed the plans and preparations we have in place for such events and have concluded, with regret, that the risk to the public is just too great.

"We are very grateful to Lincoln City Football Club for agreeing to cancel this fixture on the grounds of safety of their fans and the public of Lincoln".

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Robust-police-presence-Lincoln-light-cancelled/story-16648455-detail/story.html

End of conversation.

That's crap. Forest were at home to Villa. I must admit I had a guess that The FEC may turn up but that was just a guess you make this sound as though you are ITK. FEC aren't likely to travel to have a fight when they could have it on heir doorsetep with Villa youth.

Archived