Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Trouble in Lincoln? Probably Not!

I was actually pondering whether to put that line tbh.

Still though no need for trouble, at a pre season friendly we have much bigger rivalries aswell with Coventry etc...

Just chavs on a free day off, probably most of them from the L1 block.

:doh:

>_<

Some people use our football club as an excuse to get drunk, some people use our football club as an excuse to sing songs, some people use our football club as an excuse to shout and swear at complete strangers wearing different coloured clothing. The list goes on.

They are fans. They might well be dickheads too but they are still fans. Just because someone doesn't behave the same way I or you do doesn't make them more or less of a fan.

Usually at the ones on the pitch in blue and white shirts !!!!

Bit sweeping. Not everyone in L1 is a chav, including me!

Well most at the top of the stand are.

Didn't say the whole of L1, my friends had a season ticket at the bottom of it and they were alright.

But majority of these fans probably are from the top of L1 or just don't go to Leicester matches at all.

Until anything is reported on local or central news I will take this with a very large pinch of salt.Anyone chinese whispering this sort of behaviour or giving it exposure with posting ancient you tube links ought to be very ashamed of themselves. Those days are gone thankfully and glorification and posting are, I would guess, coming from people who were not there when it was more the norm.

Not if they are doing things that are damaging the reputation of the club and don't care about it. Not if they are breaking the law as 'Leicester fans'. They damage the reputation of the club, I wouldn't call them supporters myself. What they are doing isn't helping the club at all, it's damaging it, that's not my definition of a fan. Getting drunk, shouting, swearing and singing aren't really comparable.

I would say shouting offensive epithets would damage the reputation of the club, as would being drunk.

Do you hold supporter who persistently stand at home and away games in similarly low regard?

I am in no way defending their actions but I am not willing to believe that they are not fans because they choose to behave differently from me.

Anyone involved today (if anything is happening) is more likely to go in the family stand with their kids.

I wonder whether this was going to happen anyway or is caused by the game being cancelled?

(once again, if anything is actually happening)

I live in Lincoln and I've heard nothing from anyone about any trouble. Certainly nothing in the city centre, although those of you that know Lincoln it may be near the Brayford water. I'm not promising anything but from what I know there has been no trouble.

Well most at the top of the stand are.

Didn't say the whole of L1, my friends had a season ticket at the bottom of it and they were alright.

But majority of these fans probably are from the top of L1 or just don't go to Leicester matches at all.

Well considering the top of L1 is made up of mostly teenagers I doubt it's them.

These probably won't go to football anymore

I would say shouting offensive epithets would damage the reputation of the club, as would being drunk.

Do you hold supporter who persistently stand at home and away games in similarly low regard?

I am in no way defending their actions but I am not willing to believe that they are not fans because they choose to behave differently from me.

I am willing to believe they are not true fans. Why? Because if Leicester City didn't exist they would still find an excuse to portray this anti-social behaviour. They go to away games and arrive 5 minutes after kick off because they've stayed in the pub consuming loads of alchohol, leave early if Leicester are loosing to presumably return to the pub. This is not a true supporter in my eyes.

A bloody disgrace, by thugs, hiding behind our club, and bringing us into disrepute.

I just don't understand the mentality of people who go looking for fights. What the hell is their problem?

If these oafish thugs and bullying cowards, want to punch each others lights out, then they should have the balls to stop damaging our game and clubs, by pretending to represent something that they are not. True fans would never contemplate such irresponsible actions.

I am willing to believe they are not true fans. Why? Because if Leicester City didn't exist they would still find an excuse to portray this anti-social behaviour. They go to away games and arrive 5 minutes after kick off because they've stayed in the pub consuming loads of alchohol, leave early if Leicester are loosing to presumably return to the pub. This is not a true supporter in my eyes.

And if Leicester didn't exist I'd imagine you or I would follow another team or another sport and behave much in the same way that we do at Leicester matches.

Are people who arrive late but aren't drunk not true fans? What about those who slope off early for a pie? How about those who leave early to avoid traffic? What time precisely should we all arrive in order to ensure that we are true fans?

Lots of people now saying there wasn't any trouble, sorry If i posted before I could find concrete evidence.....

So turns out that those claiming they weren't real fans were correct because the whole didn't exist in the first place. I ****ing hate those not real fans.

I live in Lincoln and I've heard nothing from anyone about any trouble. Certainly nothing in the city centre, although those of you that know Lincoln it may be near the Brayford water. I'm not promising anything but from what I know there has been no trouble.

Think Jerwayne I would be inclined to believe your version, I hate all this chinese whispers BS.

And if Leicester didn't exist I'd imagine you or I would follow another team or another sport and behave much in the same way that we do at Leicester matches.

Are people who arrive late but aren't drunk not true fans? What about those who slope off early for a pie? How about those who leave early to avoid traffic? What time precisely should we all arrive in order to ensure that we are true fans?

No doubt I would, but I still wouldn't go and behave like a thug.

I really don't understand people who are trying to defend yobs as people they want associated with our club. Ultimately it's the law abiding fans that suffer when ticket allocations get reduced.

No doubt I would, but I still wouldn't go and behave like a thug.

I really don't understand people who are trying to defend yobs as people they want associated with our club. Ultimately it's the law abiding fans that suffer when ticket allocations get reduced.

How do these 'yobs' get tickets so easily? It couldn't be that they go to lots of away games (despite having zero interest in football) and therefore have a high priority could it?

Archived