Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fan Confidence

Fan Confidence  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Are you more confident of achieving promotion this year, than this time last season?

• More confident than last season
    • Less confident than last season
    • Same confidence

More confident, We've managed to keep hold of 4 of the better performers from last season, Kasper, Nugent, Marshall & Konchesky.

We've also added strength to the back line in Whitbread and De Laet, Signed what looks like a decent winger in Knockaert and added an unproven but exciting striker in Vardy.

Yeah we had a stronger team last year, but let's face it i'd rather have a team of decent players who'll play for each other over good players who don't gel and get paid way to much

More this season that last. I started off last pre-season ridiculously excited, but did get a bit worried the closer we got to the season starting. This year NP has added to the squad where we needed to, trimmed the fat where we had too much, and bought in some young pacey players.

The 'strong' team we had last year were permanently hyped up and couldn't come up with the goods, versus someone like Reading or Southampton who quietly went about their business, and they went up while we struggled against teams we should have been pounding, partly because everyone, including the players, believed their own hype and thought we would walk the league. Different mentality this season, and I cannot wait to see it in action.

BRING IT ON!

I'm more confident.

Went into last season knowing we had an unbalanced side, only one natural winger (Dyer). It's more balanced this year, we should be better in defence and we have a smaller squad. Pleased with everything we've done so far.

I have more confidence in Nigel Pearson than I ever was with Sven in charge.

I've voted less confident not because I think we are worse this year, but because I was sucked in by the hype last season.

There were reasons to be confident last season though. Apart from all the money spent, Sven had created an attacking and fluid team the season before which had charged from bottom of the table to the fringe of the play-offs. We probably say this about someone every year, but just think what Sven could achieve if he had a summer to prepare? Unfortunately, Sven's purchases could not match up to his loanees and the rest is history.

This season, we look like having the makings of a solid defence (when fit), a manageable squad and flair in all forward positions.

So I am confident, but it's confidence tempered by a bit of realism.

More confident, We've managed to keep hold of 4 of the better performers from last season, Kasper, Nugent, Marshall & Konchesky.

We've also added strength to the back line in Whitbread and De Laet, Signed what looks like a decent winger in Knockaert and added an unproven but exciting striker in Vardy.

Yeah we had a stronger team last year, but let's face it i'd rather have a team of decent players who'll play for each other over good players who don't gel and get paid way to much

Did we? I can't think of a player we've lost that I'd rather have kept (maybe Bamba, but he was a liability at times last season).

Most of us thought we had a strong team at the start of last season but it became clear it was average.

I'm less confident than I was at the start of last season but in hindsight we've probably got a better chance of promotion this season. Having said that, I don't think we'll go up.

Archived