Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Charlton Match Thread

No knee jerk reactions here, I said pre match we wouldn't win, I still don't think we'll win, it's not a game we'll ever win unless we man the fúck up.

Experiment a bit second half, try and nick a point, if not onto the next one.

I seriously hope Pearson gets under the players skin and hammers them, because I know I am not actually at the Valley (and cannot comment that much on the game), but that didn't sound good, and I seem afraid every time Charlton attack.

The thread is everything I expected it to be tonight.

People yesterday being full of optimism, tonight completely the opposite, even before half-time..

Fookin laughable..

2-2...

Luckily the moronic element is a relative minority. For now, at least. :/ The majority are naturally disappointed so far without getting hysterical.

The thread is everything I expected it to be tonight.

People yesterday being full of optimism, tonight completely the opposite, even before half-time..

Fookin laughable..

2-2...

Unbelievable isn't it but I suppose you have to understand peoples concern with just 44.5 games left to play.

Not too fussed that we are losing 2-0 at half time really. We were always going to go behind by a couple at some point. The question is now is whether we HAVE indeed changed since last season. Will we come out in the second half and just fold to a miserable defeat, or will we come out second half fighting and grab something out of nothing.

I seriously hope Pearson gets under the players skin and hammers them, because I know I am not actually at the Valley (and cannot comment that much on the game), but that didn't sound good, and I seem afraid every time Charlton attack.

That's what listening to the radio does for you. Every time the ball passes the halfway line, it seems to be easiest of chances that has us at 6's & 7's

Whereas when we miss a chance the commentator's emotions come across

One of the downsides of having fans for commentator & punditry

This sounds like a typical away performance from us. Wasting chances early and then conceding what sound like utterly pathetic goals out of nothing.

It feels like the hundredth time we've collapsed and surrendered 2 goals in the first half. Once again the game is pretty much over by half time. Maybe it's just in my head, but in seems to be the case so often away.

We have got to sort this out, our weak underbelly and shocking defending away from home has been costing us for 2 seasons.

I can't comment on individuals but we sound far from lethal up front. I'd like to see Nugent on simply because he's our only proven goalscorer at this level.

Archived