Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Hull game moved to Sunday.

Guest MattP

Nuisance.

City’s npower Championship fixture against Hull City at King Power Stadium next month will now take place on Sunday 23 September, kick-off 3pm.

The game had originally been due to take place 24 hours earlier, but has been rescheduled due to a clash with Leicester Tigers’ televised fixture against Harlequins at Welford Road on Saturday 22.

All tickets purchased for the original date will be valid for the rearranged fixture. Supporters that have purchased match tickets that can no longer attend can obtain a refund by visiting the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium.

:thumbdown:

Why do we always have to move for the peanut huggers

It's the Leicester City councils rule that we are both not allowed to play on the same day due to traffic. Stupid rule IMO. If we had a 50-60,000 capacity they would still all have to travel in on the same roads.

It's the Leicester City councils rule that we are both not allowed to play on the same day due to traffic. Stupid rule IMO. If we had a 50-60,000 capacity they would still all have to travel in on the same roads.

So why cant the egg chasing ***** ever move for us?!!! :@

The thought of having my Sunday dinner when I get home is the best point about this.

But playing on Sunday's when everyone else has played on the Saturday, I really hate.

But it can't be helped that Leicester Tigers are more successful than City and get more Sky coverage than we do.

You are right and it's feasible that if we get into the premiership we could expand to 43000 which is only a hundred short of our average combined attendance last season. So the volume of foot fall the council fear is a very real possibility.

Its quite simple really. Just like football, in rugby SKY/ESPN have the final say on when matches are to be played. It has nothing to do with Leicester Tigers, if SKY want them on TV on the Saturday, even if Tigers DONT want to play on that day or watever, they have no choice. So all those criticising the Tigers, get your facts right. Just like football the TV companys dictate when matches will be played and the clubs have no option. There has also been several occasions where LCFC have been on TV meaning Tigers have had to move there game day. So don't blame the clubs, blame SKY and also the council who refuse to have 2 matches played on the same day.

But it can't be helped that Leicester Tigers are more successful than City and get more Sky coverage than we do.

Joke, Small league; amateur opposition, think they are the Man U of the Rugby Union, why don't they amalgamate with the Rugby League adjust the rules. and see how good they are.

Joke, Small league; amateur opposition, think they are the Man U of the Rugby Union, why don't they amalgamate with the Rugby League adjust the rules. and see how good they are.

Or they could just play a good sport. :dunno:

This is just pants!!! I HATE the Tigers!!!

This now means that when we play Bristol City at home on 6th October, it will be the first 3pm kick off on Saturday at home since Peterboro 1st game!!!

Well apart from Saturday against Blackpool that is. Do take your point though.

Unless anyone knows differently and I have been away so if already been moved my apologies but the next clash comes on 1st December when we play Derby at home and Tigers are due to play Bath.

Archived