Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

I rather see the back of Waghorn than Beckford but who would buy Waghorn no one..

Well possibly Derby i suppose.

They were after him last season, and i`d certainly be happy to sell if they were interested this time around.

I like Waggy, he will always give 100 per cent, but what with all the upheavels we`ve had here since he came back, it just hasn`t worked out for him, and for his own good i think he would be wise to move on.

A replacement for Beckford? We have Vardy, Nooge, Waggy, Schlupp, Futacs, and Knocky prefers playing up front I believe than on the wing...

Nooge - 15 goals a season at best

Vardy - who knows

Futacs - won't make double figures

Waghorn - can't see him scoring regularly if Wednesday night is anything to go by

Schlupp - potential, but not ready at this level IMO

Knockaert - prefer him wide creating chances

We have an abundance of strikers at the club (you could add Hopper, Blyth and Harry P) but the quality is variable.

I agree that the quality is variable but too many players for each position causes dishamony. IMHO you should have 5 forwards max but I also feel that Waggy and Schlupp are not up to standard at all. I think Vardy, Nuge and Knockers are. I haven't seen enough of Futacs but think he'll be a bit of a Sticks (Ormandroyd).

There is no way that another Championship club could afford his wages, likewise with Mills so we'll be making a loss if we get rid of him so bear that in mind before spouting off.

Even with £8 million they'll only pay us about £2 million and offer him £10,000 - £15,000 a week which is massive for Huddersfield anyway. Where's the other £15,000 a week going to come from? He'll not agree to a drop in wages of that much unless we pay a proportion so it's likely we'll get minimal back for him unless a big club comes in for him.

Plus we need a replacement. Who can we get without having to stump up yet more dough? Probably a young player on loan from the Prem, just as unproven then.

We do need a replacement if he goes.

Waghorn looked a shadow of his former self, Schlupp is stil young and erratic (as Vardy might prove to be), not sure about Futacs.

Just hope we have no last minute crazy bidding like last summer.

Been on the cards for a very long time, not a move to huddersfield that at the moment looks like it could happen but leaving this summer.

Can you name/hint any others that are likely to move on this window? (re: 4th official tweet earlier)

Assuming players from Tues night? Gallagher? Waghorn? Danns?

There is no way that another Championship club could afford his wages, likewise with Mills so we'll be making a loss if we get rid of him so bear that in mind before spouting off.

Even with £8 million they'll only pay us about £2 million and offer him £10,000 - £15,000 a week which is massive for Huddersfield anyway. Where's the other £15,000 a week going to come from? He'll not agree to a drop in wages of that much unless we pay a proportion so it's likely we'll get minimal back for him unless a big club comes in for him.

Plus we need a replacement. Who can we get without having to stump up yet more dough? Probably a young player on loan from the Prem, just as unproven then.

Like a certain Mr Waghorn but this time don't advocate to buying him permanently as he will be cack..

That would be a plain stupid thing to do. Firstly you're selling to a rival and secondly who would you replace him with, who is a PROVEN regular goalscorer at this level who wouldn't cost millions ? West Ham probably want to offload Maynard, who we bid crazy money for this time last year, but he hardly set the world on fire there and there is no one else who immediately springs to mind as a replacement.

If we didn't get anyone that leaves us with Futacs, definitely unproven, Schlupp, who's still learning, or, and I scare myself when I say this, Waghorn who was good in League One, what, three years ago.

Stick with what we've got and look at the way we play to get the best out of the strikers we have because we clearly aren't doing that at the moment.

:facepalm:

And I'd take Maynard any day. The boy is a quality striker (maybe not for the 6-7 million Sven wanted to pay)

Hope not, the quality after Nugent and Vardy would be seriously lacking if Beckford goes.

This.

Pearson's not his biggest fan but I think he needs to show a bit of faith in him now, would be very risky to let him go.

Archived