Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

I think some of you set your expectation very high.

If Beckford goes, we will do well to get in another striker thats any good and happy with a bit part role or 'backup' to Vardy/Nugent.

Im not saying Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs are the answers but i think we have some of the best striking options in the league!

If Beckford goes, we will do well to get in another striker thats any good and happy with a bit part role or 'backup' to Vardy/Nugent.

Im not saying Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs are the answers but i think we have some of the best striking options in the league!

Beckford hasn't been the answer either!

If another club want him we should give him a free transfer.

We can't afford to pay £30k a week to a sub, and nobody else will pay the sorts of wages we're supposedly paying.

Good luck to him if he goes.

It's not really back-up though, Beckford's started more than Nugent has this season.

I honestly think he'll rotate between Nugent, Vardy, a new forward and then often bring on Futacs as well.

Truth be told even without Beckford I actually think we have one of the strongest forward lines in this division and I seriously don't think a replacement is vital. That said, I think knowing Leicester's luck this season we'll opt against a replacement and watch Vardy/Nugent both get injured on Saturday.

It's not really back-up though, Beckford's started more than Nugent has this season.

I honestly think he'll rotate between Nugent, Vardy, a new forward and then often bring on Futacs as well.

Truth be told even without Beckford I actually think we have one of the strongest forward lines in this division and I seriously don't think a replacement is vital. That said, I think knowing Leicester's luck this season we'll opt against a replacement and watch Vardy/Nugent both get injured on Saturday.

We can still loan players if needs be.

We've missed out on alot of options this summer so maybe now its time to just leave it be and give Beckford more games

Hmm, this one sounds like it may have some truth in it. I quite like him and will wish him luck should he leave but I can't help feeling it might be for the best and that it just hasn't worked out. I think, for him, moving would perhaps be best as he will get slaughtered if he doesn't score a lot more goals this year, which it is far from certain he even has the ability to do. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was no direct replacement coming in because we do have a few strikers.

Hmm, this one sounds like it may have some truth in it. I quite like him and will wish him luck should he leave but I can't help feeling it might be for the best and that it just hasn't worked out. I think, for him, moving would perhaps be best as he will get slaughtered if he doesn't score a lot more goals this year, which it is far from certain he even has the ability to do. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was no direct replacement coming in because we do have a few strikers.

Beckford will score goals for a manager who plays to his strengths and ensures he gets decent service. Simon Grayson has already shown at Leeds that he can get the best out of him.

If he moves on, Pearson should strengthen other areas of the team (perhaps bring in another central defender?) rather than seek a replacement. We have plenty of depth in attack already.

Beckford will score goals for a manager who plays to his strengths and ensures he gets decent service. Simon Grayson has already shown at Leeds that he can get the best out of him.

If he moves on, Pearson should strengthen other areas of the team (perhaps bring in another central defender?) rather than seek a replacement. We have plenty of depth in attack already.

There is plenty of depth, the quality of that depth is questionable.

There is plenty of depth, the quality of that depth is questionable.

Spot on with that.

Martyn Waghorn isn't up to it imo

Schlupp is a promising striker but needs another loan spell to get him ready

Futacs will probably be our Plan B

So a striker of quality is needed imo.

Only a big fee and decent replacement would make this acceptable.

In all honesty I'm still disappointed we didn't go for Yakubu, as much as some of our fans disliked him you couldn't knock his scoring rate.

But all he did was score goals!

Damn that Pearson signing players they have actually scouted instead of the awesome ones we suggest based on football manager......

What does that mean?

I meant that however much we speculate he will most likely be looking at someone different, for example Knockeart came from nowhere....it wasn't a dig...

But thanks for both piping up to start an argument, some people on here do make me chuckle!

Archived