Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

Beckford's agent on Twitter replied saying there's interest in him before deadline day.

Every previous time he's been asked he's batted it away saying he's not striker & basically exuding to him going nowhere. There's a definite change of tone.

Can see him going, to me Vardy looks better anyway, Beckford's only been good in flashes & hasn't struck a partnership with either Nuge or Vardy. Whereas Nuge & Vardy looks good so far.

No point keeping him imo, we'll see though.

If Huddersfield are getting £8m for Rhodes then we need to get a decent amount from them, no way we loan to a rival. Someone raised a good point on that thread above;

Rhodes record at Lge 1 level whilst with Town = 122 games and 71 goals

Beckford record at Lge 1 level whilst with Leeds, Carlisle and Scunthorpe = 138 games and 81 goals

Completely different players but Beckford's scoring rate is better at the level Rhodes is proven at. Beckford also has a 1 in 4 record at Premiership level

Only a big fee and decent replacement would make this acceptable.

In all honesty I'm still disappointed we didn't go for Yakubu, as much as some of our fans disliked him you couldn't knock his scoring rate.

That would be a plain stupid thing to do. Firstly you're selling to a rival and secondly who would you replace him with, who is a PROVEN regular goalscorer at this level who wouldn't cost millions ? West Ham probably want to offload Maynard, who we bid crazy money for this time last year, but he hardly set the world on fire there and there is no one else who immediately springs to mind as a replacement.

If we didn't get anyone that leaves us with Futacs, definitely unproven, Schlupp, who's still learning, or, and I scare myself when I say this, Waghorn who was good in League One, what, three years ago.

Stick with what we've got and look at the way we play to get the best out of the strikers we have because we clearly aren't doing that at the moment.

If he does leave I'd be amazed if he was replaced. We'll still have 5 first team strikers (of varying levels of quality!) which is more than enough to fill the two forward positions.

You're varying levels of quality is spot on.

If we replace Beckford let's do it with a really good striker.

If Gallagher and Beckford both go, I think there will be a replacement - Pearson is always banging on about it being a small squad. Personally, I would like to see Heskey in on a pay as you play deal. I wasn't in favour of this originally, but think he could do a decent job as I'm not certain Futacs will cut it in the Championship. Waghorn has lost what he had and Schlupp is still a bit raw. This leaves Nugent and hopefully Vardy to score the goals.

Archived