Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

Wouldn't be overally motivated reading that if I was Beckford. My take is when the right offer comes along (i.e. they pay his wages) he will be outta here.

When does he ever look really motivated? And agree,however the reputed ridiculous wage will always be the stumbling block, especially as he has terribly underperformed IMO.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/beckford-backburner-grayson-170737349.html

Beckford on backburner - Grayson

Huddersfield manager Simon Grayson has not ruled out another bid to capture Leicester striker Jermaine Beckford on loan.

Former Leeds forward Beckford, 29, who worked under Grayson at Elland Road, was the Town manager's number one choice to replace Jordan Rhodes and had agreed terms with Huddersfield on a season-long loan on Friday, only for Leicester to change their minds minutes before the transfer deadline and the move collapsed.

Grayson, who also confirmed his interest in Reading's Simon Church, said: "We've said all along if we were going to go and get anybody it must be somebody who is better than what we've already got and at this moment in time the ones we were looking at are not available.

"But we'll see if things change over the weekend. Some players might be in their manager's thoughts now and they are not let out, but in a week's time they may be out of their plans.

"So we'll see where we are. I could go and sign a couple of players tomorrow, but I don't think they'll be any better than what we've got here and when you bring in players they have to be better than what you've already got."

When asked specifically about Beckford, Grayson added: "We've been told he's going nowhere at this moment in time, but that can change after the weekend, it could change tomorrow.

"That's how football is. When you have a deal done at five to 11 and it all gets changed nothing surprises me. That's just part and parcel of football, so we'll keep an eye on every situation."

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson insists he will not be forced to offload the striker.

But Pearson told BBC Radio Leicester: "While he's here he'll play for us. If we feel that deals are there to be done that suit us then fine, but we won't be press-ganged into deals that aren't right for us."

Pearson added: "I want my players to be committed to our cause and that is getting us out of this division."

Bit of a nothing article, but read into it what you like

Lets be honest, the Beckford "saga" is a shambles, either he is in the managers plans, or he isnt.

If he is, why was he allowed to sign and believe he was about to go out on loan.

If he isnt, why does the manager insist on putting on the bench but not playing him.

For fooks sake, either he is useful to our cause, or he isnt But lets have a decision made, this is stupid and unfair on the player and the fans.

Oh and "Pearson added: "I want my players to be committed to our cause and that is getting us out of this division."

He doesnt mention HOW we will be getting out..up...down? :ph34r:

Lets be honest, the Beckford "saga" is a shambles, either he is in the managers plans, or he isnt.

If he is, why was he allowed to sign and believe he was about to go out on loan.

If he isnt, why does the manager insist on putting on the bench but not playing him.

For fooks sake, either he is useful to our cause, or he isnt But lets have a decision made, this is stupid and unfair on the player and the fans.

Oh and "Pearson added: "I want my players to be committed to our cause and that is getting us out of this division."

He doesnt mention HOW we will be getting out..up...down? :ph34r:

We were going to let him go to Huddersfield because we had a replacement lined up, when that fell through, we called off the deal. Not too difficult to understand is it? He's obviously in the manager's plans because he's making the bench every match, the fact that he's not getting off the bench might have something to do with his shite performances when he's come off it previously, just a thought.

Madness... commence... :frantics:

I'm sure any player not getting game time will be frustrated. For us to cancel it last minute we must have been banking on getting someone else in. If we can't do that then I'm sorry Jermaine, you stay and play when needed.

I'm sure any player not getting game time will be frustrated. For us to cancel it last minute we must have been banking on getting someone else in. If we can't do that then I'm sorry Jermaine, you stay and play when needed.

I believe it was Billy Sharp. After he went to Forest to link back up with Sean O'Driscoll, we pulled the plug.

He will get his chance, he's already had several. If the front line keeps playing as it is then that will come sooner rather than later. But his own average performances are a factor in why he isn't starting, lets not forget that.

Than why is Nugent starting? he has been absolutely diabolical in front of goal for some time.

I believe it was Billy Sharp. After he went to Forest to link back up with Sean O'Driscoll, we pulled the plug.

Or Kane.

Than why is Nugent starting? he has been absolutely diabolical in front of goal for some time.

You mean Nugent who started the season on the bench and came in to replace and equally poor Beckford?

Or Kane.

You mean Nugent who started the season on the bench and came in to replace and equally poor Beckford?

Well if they are both as bad as each other maybe they should be both starting? Last season their partnership was useful towards the latter stages of last season but it would be difficult to leave out Vardy but I don't think playing 4-4-2 is getting the best out of Vardy, from what I have seen of him, his best work is on the Left Flank, and he is proven their because he can cut in and scored the majority of his goals that way.

Archived